• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Holsters & Retention Training

SKN

imported post

Those of you that OC:

What level of security is your holster and what means (thumb break, hood, button/latch)?

What personal combatives training and what combatives system for holstered retention do you use (Krav Magra, Lindell)?

SetivaSicWood

imported post

SKN wrote:
Those of you that OC:

What level of security is your holster and what means (thumb break, hood, button/latch)?

What personal combatives training and what combatives system for holstered retention do you use?

Well I have found thisto work well for me. A leather OWB Bianchi 82 colt officer with spring / lever trigger guard retention clip contraption.. It's formed to the Pro carry but I also have a EAA Witness .40 that locks in nicely.

Is it snatch proof? maybe not but it's a huge atvantage if you have to bring an elbow around to clear things out...

My combative skillz are based in Judo as a kid so I can survive falls as an old man today. Being said, I have taken a spill or two (mainly while hiking to the killer "fishing hole") and my side arm has never gotten loose (or wet, yet)

The only thing I don't like is that it sucks the oil from the metal and dries it out. I haven't waxed it yet but have really considering it lately.

No NAU

imported post

I carry in a Serpa for retention. Level 2. Tension adjustable (Lev1) and a forefinger lock (Lev2).

For defense against a grab I carry a knife clipped in my weakside pocket with the concept of trying to retain/regain control of the firearm with the strong hand/arm whilst turning away from the threat, drawing the knife and preparing to sink it into whatever is there.

Grabs are a possibility but next time you see LEO or someone OC'ing imagine coming up behind them and trying to grab their carry. No thanks... I still prepare for the possibility but I think it a highly unlikely event.