• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fredericksburg Agricultural Fair

Bundabar

imported post

[align=left]Anyone planning on goingto the Fredericksburg Agricultural Fair? They have the below policy, is there anything we can do? Is the Fair a privately funded event?[/align]

[align=left]"Fire Arms[/align]

[align=left]No fire arms are allowed on the fairgrounds except for the on-duty police and security[/align]

[align=left]employed by the Fredericksburg Agricultural Fair, Inc. Any individual found to be in possession[/align]

[align=left]of fire arms on the fairgrounds shall be asked to vacate the premises immediately. There will be[/align]

no refund
of any entrance fees."

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Looks like private property, from a quick review of their web site.

Private property means they can set the rules.

If you can determine it is in fact public (city, county, etc.), you could presume that preemption applies, and choose to fight the fight. If it's private, though, your recourse (at least with regard to attendance) is to stay away.

streetdoc

imported post

I checked the City's web site also, no listing for the fairgrounds. As far as I can tell its like whats has been posted here, private property.

doug23838

imported post

The Fredericksburg city web site shows the property as being owned by "Fredericksburg Agricultural Fair Inc." Taxes are current.

The State Copration Commission web site shows "Fredericksburg Agricultural Fair" as being a corporation with 2000 shares of common stock. Officers of the corporation are: Bennie W. Brooks Jr. - President; Ron Self - Vice President; Shirley Boggs - Secretary.

The City web site (sadly way behind in updating council meeting minutes) shows only a reference to the city renewing an "open space agreement" with the fair, in 2003. There are no council meeting minutes posted since 2006. Sadly the details of the resolution and agreement are not available on-line.

So much for transparency in government.

They've already announced their position: They'll ask you to leave w/o a refund.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

doug23838 wrote:
They've already announced their position: They'll ask you to leave w/o a refund.
Of course, unless you consent to a search as you enter (your choice), what is the likelihood you would be "found to be in possession of fire arms on the fairgrounds"?

sccrref

imported post

Tess wrote:
doug23838 wrote:
Of course, unless you consent to a search as you enter (your choice), what is the likelihood you would be "found to be in possession of fire arms on the fairgrounds"?
If you OC, I would say better than average. If you CC, less than that. :lol:

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Well.......I was thinking CC as I typed, but I sortakinda forgot to add that caveat.

Good point!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

sccrref wrote:
Tess wrote:
doug23838 wrote:
If you OC, I would say better than average. If you CC, less than that. :lol:

Now, Now, boys and girls!

You know we do not condone encouraging others to break the law.

If the F'burg Ag. Fair does not want us to have firearms there, we must either respect that or not go to the Fair.

However, if your individual conscience tells you something, and you decise to follow that voice, then remember that there are some things that the sharing of do in fact fall into the TMI category. Rember, BIG BROTHER is watching.

I don't want to hear it *sticks fingers in ears, starts humming "la, la, la ......."*

stay safe.

skidmark