• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hastings Michigan.. Open Carry Rally with news coverage.

Leader

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
DickTracy1953 wrote:
Somehow I missed the posting that gave advance information about this open carry rally. Since I reside in Grand Rapids it would have been no big deal for me to attend.

I could have combined my short trip with a visit to Bob's Gun Shop as that is located in Hastings as well.

It is too bad that we can not do something to get the "open carry" ban that is on the law books in the city of Grand Rapids struck down in the same manner as was done in the Ferndale (Detroit) Michigan lawsuit.
More likely than not, theban will remain in the books until someone is arrested for their invalid/illegal OC ban and decides to challenge it.
Actually I would think it will remain on the books to discourage people from trying it at all. The police & city officals know it is an illegal ordinace but also know they can use it to intimidate people. If if *LOOKS* offical, some people will believe it.

Michigander

imported post

I haven't had muchaccess to the web since I got back to AZ so this is the first I've seen OCDO in a while,and I see you guys have been busy!

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate