• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BB&T in Manassas is robbed at noon today

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

http://www.myfoxdc.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=7057986&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

I am not sure how this happened.. BB&T has POSTED "No GUNS" on their doors!

bbtsign.jpg

How could have this been an ARMED robery then??:banghead:

Bullbuster

imported post

Well we know he wasn't a law abiding citizen because he would have seen the sign, obeyed it, and of course not robbed the place. Chalk one up for the anti crew.

Atleast no one was hurt in the event.

Glock27Bill

imported post

I left Wachovia because of their N.G. policy, even though they have been robbed many times as well.

Looks like "No Child Left Behind" let another one slip through the cracks.

rebfan

imported post

This is the second time in about three years this particular bank has been robbed. Given that part of Manassas is not particularly large, I'd say the bad guys are targeting it..... they obviously feel safe.

hsmith

imported post

Jim675 wrote:
Good news! Maybe he could read, and he did comply with the sign. It looks to me like he had a revolver. :lol:
Maybe he didn't see the sign.

He would have taken his firearm back and securied it in the vehicle, then continuted robbing the bank.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Hello? BB & T bank? Yes, may I speak to the manager please? Thank you?

*Girl from Ipanema muzak*

Hello? Are you the manager? Great. Well, today I heard about your recent armed robbery at gunpoint on the news and as I had an account at your bank previously and have noticed the no firearms sign on your doors, I just wanted to ask ... so how's that workin' out for you?

ed

imported post

You know.. thhis might be the time to ask. Since nobody was killed and it was JUST money taken.. maybe now is the time to write some letters (professional of course) that bascially say.. "The bad guys don't read the signs.. some good guys don't bank with you because of the signs.." etc.

I was thinking about sending them one of my amazinmail postcards with the front of it being the photo of their own sign!

Thoughts?

DTag

imported post

Ed, I think your idea is fabulous. Send them the post card of their sign and the quote about the bad guys not reading the sign and the good guys not banking with them. Maybe... just maybe... someone will finally get it!

cmartin7864

imported post

Seems to be a trend in Manassas and Centreville. The BB&T on 28 both in Manassas and Centreville have been robbed several times in the past couple of years. I don't see how this happens with those signs up.:banghead:

ed

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Proofread, Ed! Nobody is "ding business" at any bank! Reliance on spellcheck is a weakness.
I know. I am bad at it too. Never learned to type well. That's why almost all my posts are edited.. Not because I changed content but because I went back and fixed errors.:banghead:

Glock27Bill

imported post

ed wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
Proofread, Ed! Nobody is "ding business" at any bank! Reliance on spellcheck is a weakness.
I know. I am bad at it too. Never learned to type well. That's why almost all my posts are edited.. Not becaise I changed content but because I went back and fixed errors.:banghead:
Typo. It's not just a blood type.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ed wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
I know. I am bad at it too. Never learned to type well. That's why almost all my posts are edited.. Not becaise I changed content but because I went back and fixed errors.:banghead:
058.gif

Besides the minor "ding" your postcard might get for spelling :p excellent note to the CEO!

Diesel23

imported post

Man that is so horrible. What is sad is that they probably won't change their policy even with this latest robbery.

Which banks allow open carry?

Thanks.