• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wonder if you guys know...

kingmonkey

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'm getting my CCW license here in Texas where I live. I'm about to do a "walk about" around the country and have been trying to get all my ducks in a row before I live. I understand that Utah is open carry only if you have a CCW permit, correct? Utah recognizes the Texas CCW license so do any of you know if that would mean I could open carry in Utah?

Thanks!

Mitchell.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

You can open carry in Utah with or without any state permit. The only difference is this...

With a permit, there are no restrictions on how you carry.

Without a permit in Utah, the firearm must be unloaded, meaning no chambered round, but a full mag in the weapon is OK. And avoid school zones.

[font="Arial,Helvetica"] 76-10-502. When weapon deemed loaded.
(1) For the purpose of this chapter, any pistol, revolver, shotgun, rifle, or other weapon described in this part shall be deemed to be loaded when there is an unexpended cartridge, shell, or projectile in the firing position.
(2) Pistols and revolvers shall also be deemed to be loaded when an unexpended cartridge, shell, or projectile is in a position whereby the manual operation of any mechanism once would cause the unexpended cartridge, shell, or projectile to be fired.
(3) A muzzle loading firearm shall be deemed to be loaded when it is capped or primed and has a powder charge and ball or shot in the barrel or cylinders. [/font]

kingmonkey

Campaign Veteran
imported post

thx997303 wrote:
a walkabout huh? You walking around the country?

Might be cheaper! No, there are just a few places I've never seen before and want to see before all hell breaks loose.

scorpioajr

imported post

kingmonkey wrote:
ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
kingmonkey wrote:
thx997303 wrote:
a walkabout huh? You walking around the country?
...want to see before all hell breaks loose.....

Like Zombies? What. :lol:
Before we get like Zimbabwe with 2.2 million % inflation and $100 billion can't buy a loaf of bread.

wow. thats depressing. brb, gonna buy ammo.

RedKnightt

imported post

ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
Francis Marion wrote:
Yeah, cause here we have FBMG with Zombie kits for sale.
Zombie kits?? Link?
Not just kits, but a whole forum on emergency/disaster prep with a humorous Zombie overlay:

http://zombiehunters.org/forum/

--RedKnightt--

Zombie Squad has it right: “We hold fast to the belief that if you are prepared for a scenario where the walking corpses of your family and neighbors are trying to eat you alive, you will be prepared for almost anything.”

scorpioajr

imported post

RedKnightt wrote:
ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
Francis Marion wrote:
Zombie kits?? Link?
...Zombie Squad has it right: “We hold fast to the belief that if you are prepared for a scenario where the walking corpses of your family and neighbors are trying to eat you alive, you will be prepared for almost anything.”....

i can follow that logic...

FYI: I am DIGGIN' tht website!

Francis Marion

imported post

ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
Francis Marion wrote:
Zombie kits?? Link?
Looks like the original page did not survive the move to their new server but someone copied it to this forum.