• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

TJ - Im confused....

scorpioajr

imported post

76-10-500 Uniform Code

"a local authority or state entity may not enact or enforce any ordinance, regulation, or rule pertaining to firearms"

Soooooo...... why are there more statutes AFTER 76-10-500??? Some1 please educate my empty brain.

thx997303

imported post

This statute is the Uniform Code.

It only says that cities cannot make laws regarding firearms.

That way the laws are the same from St. George to Logan. And anywhere further and in between.

As long as you're in Utah, those are the laws. Period.

Course that doesn't mean that some stupid people haven't tried to make laws.

Park City for example :banghead:

OOPS! I'M NOT TJ! :D

Cykaos

Opt-Out Members
imported post

what he said. By state entity they mean like Hogle Zoo which is state owned can't make their own rules and have to follow the State Law. The University of Utah is also a State Entity and can't make their own rules. Local authorities means cities can't make their own rules.

scorpioajr

imported post

Cykaos wrote:
...By state entity they mean like Hogle Zoo which is state owned can't make their own rules and have to follow the State Law....

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh -

that makes perfect sense. ya, me and the wife were lookin at that, and was like, "Whaaa?!" lol - thanks guys.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
76-10-500 Uniform Code

"a local authority or state entity may not enact or enforce any ordinance, regulation, or rule pertaining to firearms"

Soooooo...... why are there more statutes AFTER 76-10-500??? Some1 please educate my empty brain.

What they all said.

I have seen more and more ILLEGAL Signs in the Parks around down by the County and they say NO FIREARMS.

Per 76-10-500 they CANNOT do this. UVU is a place that you can carry as a permit holder LOADED. That STATE ENTITY cannot regulated firearms. And besides you are then Weapons Exempt per 76-10-523.

Talked to Mitch this morning and he is going to sent letters around about these ILLEGAL signs throughout the County and State. If they DON"T comply within 60 days...the FUN begins:celebrate

TJ

scorpioajr

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
76-10-500 Uniform Code

What they all said.

I have seen more and more ILLEGAL Signs in the Parks around down by the County and they say NO FIREARMS.

Per 76-10-500 they CANNOT do this. UVU is a place that you can carry as a permit holder LOADED. That STATE ENTITY cannot regulated firearms. And besides you are then Weapons Exempt per 76-10-523.

Talked to Mitch this morning and he is going to sent letters around about these ILLEGAL signs throughout the County and State. If they DON"T comply within 60 days...the FUN begins:celebrate

TJ
Thanks for the clarification. (ThumbsUp)

UTOC-45-44

imported post

ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
bane wrote:
The big county park in Taylorsville on 2700 West and about 5100 South has one of these illegal "NO WEAPONS" signs as well.

So: I can still OC there. is that what I am to understand?

Absolutely.

Just know your Weapons Laws. LEO's maybe A$$es about it but there is NOTHING they can do.

Read and pretty much memorize 76-10-500 Uniform Law

[align=left][size=-1]UTAH STATE LEGISLATURE[/size]
[size=-1]Home | Site Map | Calendar | Code/Constitution | House | Senate | Search[/size]
76-10-500. Uniform law.
(1) The individual right to keep and bear arms being a constitutionally protected right, the Legislature finds the need to provide uniform laws throughout the state. Except as specifically provided by state law, a citizen of the United States or a lawfully admitted alien shall not be:
(a) prohibited from owning, possessing, purchasing, selling, transferring, transporting, or keeping any firearm at his place of residence, property, business, or in any vehicle lawfully in his possession or lawfully under his control; or
(b) required to have a permit or license to purchase, own, possess, transport, or keep a firearm.
(2) This part is uniformly applicable throughout this state and in all its political subdivisions and municipalities. All authority to regulate firearms shall be reserved to the state except where the Legislature specifically delegates responsibility to local authorities or state entities. Unless specifically authorized by the Legislature by statute, a local authority or state entity may not enact or enforce any ordinance, regulation, or rule pertaining to firearms.
[/align]
Enacted by Chapter 5, 1999 General Session
Download Code Section Zipped WordPerfect 76_10_050000.ZIP 2,133 Bytes

[line]

Sections in this Chapter|Chapters in this Title|All Titles|Legislative Home Page

Last revised: Wednesday, July 23, 2008

TJ

scorpioajr

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
bane wrote:
The big county park in Taylorsville on 2700 West and about 5100 South has one of these illegal "NO WEAPONS" signs as well.

So: I can still OC there. is that what I am to understand?

Absolutely.

Just know your Weapons Laws. LEO's maybe A$$es about it but there is NOTHING they can do.

Read and pretty much memorize 76-10-500 Uniform Law
[align=left]
[size="-1"]UTAH STATE LEGISLATURE[/size]
[size="-1"]Home | Site Map | Calendar | Code/Constitution | House | Senate | Search[/size]
76-10-500. Uniform law.
(1) The individual right to keep and bear arms being a constitutionally protected right, the Legislature finds the need to provide uniform laws throughout the state. Except as specifically provided by state law, a citizen of the United States or a lawfully admitted alien shall not be:
(a) prohibited from owning, possessing, purchasing, selling, transferring, transporting, or keeping any firearm at his place of residence, property, business, or in any vehicle lawfully in his possession or lawfully under his control; or
(b) required to have a permit or license to purchase, own, possess, transport, or keep a firearm.
(2) This part is uniformly applicable throughout this state and in all its political subdivisions and municipalities. All authority to regulate firearms shall be reserved to the state except where the Legislature specifically delegates responsibility to local authorities or state entities. Unless specifically authorized by the Legislature by statute, a local authority or state entity may not enact or enforce any ordinance, regulation, or rule pertaining to firearms.
[/align]
Enacted by Chapter 5, 1999 General Session
Download Code Section Zipped WordPerfect 76_10_050000.ZIP 2,133 Bytes
[line]

understood - We (my wife and i ) have made up some OC-Law flash cards, lol - and they are working out pretty well. We keep them in the glove box for killing time in the car. :celebrate

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
...We keep them in the glove box for killing time in the car. :celebrate
What did The Time ever do to deserve this? :p

Morris%20Day.jpg