Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 40

Thread: Gun Rights / Info Pamphlet

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Silver Grove, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    81

    Post imported post

    I checked out the Gun Rights pamphlet provided by M1 Gunr in the "Places off limits" forum. It is for Washington State but we can do our own...and like Gunr does..anytime someone mentions your OC..give them an information pamphlet. I like the Ideal..can anyone put one together for KY?

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Walton County, Georgia, ,
    Posts
    475

    Post imported post

    I can't do much in the way of the visuals of the pamphlet but I would be more than willing to help with the content of it.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Silver Grove, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    81

    Post imported post

    Great.. the visuals are easy..its the content thats important. Have you looked at Gunr's pamphlet? Check it out and see what you can come up with as far as content. You can even swap out KY's for WA. ??? Use the same format? I am going to look for who did theirs and see if I cant get some info from them...Carry On!

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Silver Grove, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    81

    Post imported post


    This pamphlet is free to copy and distribute in its unaltered form. It is licensed under

    the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 by

    members of the OpenCarry.org forums. To view this license visit

    http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/us/
    .

    Here is the info at the bottom of the pamphlet...!

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Saratoga Springs, Utah, USA
    Posts
    1,221

    Post imported post

    ....


  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Walton County, Georgia, ,
    Posts
    475

    Post imported post

    I wouldn't do that. Kentucky law is too different to do that. Maybe if we were talking about Alaska or Idaho but Washington is a different story.

    I can type out a lot of the information and then someone else could put it into a nice-looking format.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Silver Grove, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    81

    Post imported post

    I have something for you.....http://www.lrc.state.ky.us/KRS/237-00/CHAPTER.HTM

    Look at sect .104......

    237.104 Rights to acquire, carry, and use deadly weapons not to be impaired during disaster or emergency -- Seizure of deadly weapons during disaster or emergency prohibited -- Application of section.

    (1) No person, unit of government, or governmental organization shall, during a period of disaster or emergency as specified in KRS Chapter 39A or at any other time, have the right to revoke, suspend, limit the use of, or otherwise impair the validity of the right of any person to purchase, transfer, loan, own, possess, carry, or use a firearm, firearm part, ammunition, ammunition component, or any deadly weapon or dangerous instrument.

    (2) No person, unit of government, or governmental organization shall, during a period of disaster or emergency as specified in KRS Chapter 39A or at any other time, take, seize, confiscate, or impound a firearm, firearm part, ammunition, ammunition component, or any deadly weapon or dangerous instrument from any person.

    (3) The provisions of this section shall not apply to the taking of an item specified in subsection (1) or (2) of this section from a person who is:

    (a) Forbidden to possess a firearm pursuant to KRS 527.040;

    (b) Forbidden to possess a firearm pursuant to federal law;

    (c) Violating KRS 527.020;

    (d) In possession of a stolen firearm;

    (e) Using a firearm in the commission of a separate criminal offense; or

    (f) Using a firearm or other weapon in the commission of an offense under KRS Chapter 150.

    Effective:
    July 12, 2006

    History:
    Created 2006 Ky. Acts ch. 240, sec. 7, effective July 12, 2006.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Walton County, Georgia, ,
    Posts
    475

    Post imported post

    I know. I've already put that in. I'm well versed in Kentucky law as it relates to firearms, as well as any non-lawyer can hope to understand. Not trying to be a jerk or brag, I'm just saying.

    I wrote a very simple document on wordpad so far, which fits since Kentucky firearms law is very simple compared to some states.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Silver Grove, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    81

    Post imported post

    Good deal...I am working on the visuals.....

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Silver Grove, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    81

    Post imported post

    Ready for the info NOOblet...got the pamphlet done. I used an Greeting Card Factory prog. and I don't know how to get it to you for review! I tried to scan it to my pictures but it comes out lighter and grainier??? You can still read it but ...From the original prog. I cant save it as anything but *.fsn...whatever that is. Any advice?

    I am going to send it to you anyway..after you send me your info..private email...see what you think.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hodgenville, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    1,261

    Post imported post

    This useful?????





    Traveler's checklist:

    *Firearms Ownership:unrestricted, no permit or license required

    *Assault weapon ownership: unrestricted, no permit or license required

    *Machine Gun Ownership:
    no state restrictions, compliance with federal law only

    *Firearm law uniformity:
    preemption law, firearm laws uniform throughout state

    *Right of Self-Defense: castle doctrine, right protected by statute

    *Open carry: unrestricted in most public areas and generally accepted

    *Concealed carry:
    licenses granted to residents on a "shall issue" basis; automatic
    reciprocity for nonresidents with licenses from other states

    *Vehicle carry and transportation:
    firearms (rifles, shotguns and handguns) may
    be carried
    loaded and in plain view; loaded handguns maybe carried in
    the glove compartment (center console box carry is not allowed)


    Kentucky's rolling hills and tree-covered mountains provide the perfect
    setting for any Hollywood production about the early pioneers of the Ohio valley.
    Firearms carry in those days was essential for survival. Fortunately for gun-owners,
    Kentucky still maintains a healthyrespect for this heritage in its firearm laws.

    Kentucky requires a license to carry a firearm concealed on or about one's
    person. The State Police issue such permits through the local sheriff of the
    applicant's home county for a five year term. Kentucky does not grant permits to
    nonresidents but will recognize any permit issued by another state. Kentucky
    licenses allow the concealed carry of any deadly weapon by the permittee.

    A traveler without a permit may carry loaded firearms in a vehicle if the
    weapons are in plain view. Kentucky allows anyone to carry a loaded handgun in a
    visible belt holster or on the dashboard or passenger seat of one's car. Glove
    compartment carry is also considered legitimate as long the compartment is of the
    factory-installed variety on the passenger's side. Console boxes and seat pockets
    are not legitimate areas for unlicensed carry. Carrying a handgun in one of these
    areas is the same as placing the weapon under the seat. Both modes of carry are
    limited to persons possessing carry licenses. Rifles and shotguns may be carried
    loaded and in plain view. The weapons may be secured in gun racks, gun slings, or
    commercial gun cases located anywhere in the vehicle except concealed about the person.

    Travelers may carry loaded firearms in plain view while on foot in virtually any
    public area of the state. Such carry is best limited to visible belt holsters secured on
    one's hip. Kentucky's strong preemption law prevents this activity, as well as most
    others involving firearms, from being locally regulated. Recently, employers were
    further prohibited from preventing employees from carrying firearms in their vehicles
    while the vehicles are parked on company property.


  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Silver Grove, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    81

    Post imported post

    Yes...very ...thanks

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    63

    Post imported post

    What about OC or CC on U.K. campus? The law pretty much leaves it up to the university, but what criminal penalties (if any) would apply?

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Walton County, Georgia, ,
    Posts
    475

    Post imported post

    From my understanding of the law you won't face any legal action but you will be subject to administrative punishment from the college.

    This is from KRS 237.115, it should answer your question.

    (1) Except as provided in KRS 527.020, nothing contained in KRS 237.110 shall be construed to limit, restrict, or prohibit in any manner the right of a college, university, or any postsecondary education facility, including technical schools and community colleges, to control the possession of deadly weapons on any property owned or controlled by them or the right of a unit of state, city, county, urban-county, or charter county government to prohibit the carrying of concealed deadly weapons by licensees in that portion of a building actually owned, leased, or occupied by that unit of government.

    (2) Except as provided in KRS 527.020, the legislative body of a state, city, county, or urban-county government may, by statute, administrative regulation, or ordinance, prohibit or limit the carrying of concealed deadly weapons by licensees in that portion of a building owned, leased, or controlled by that unit of government. That portion of a building in which the carrying of concealed deadly weapons is prohibited or limited shall be clearly identified by signs posted at the entrance to the restricted area. The statute or ordinance shall exempt any building used for public housing by private persons, highway rest areas, firing ranges, and private dwellings owned, leased, or controlled by that unit of government from any restriction on the carrying or possession of deadly weapons. The statute, administrative regulation, or ordinance shall not specify any criminal penalty for its violation but may specify that persons violating the statute or ordinance may be denied entrance to the building, ordered to leave the building, and if employees of the unit of government, be subject to employee disciplinary measures for violation of the provisions of the statute or ordinance. The provisions of this section shall not be deemed to be a violation of KRS 65.870 if the requirements of this section are followed. The provisions of this section shall not apply to any other unit of government.

    (3) Unless otherwise specifically provided by the Kentucky Revised Statutes or applicable federal law, no criminal penalty shall attach to carrying a concealed firearm or other deadly weapon with a permit at any location at which an unconcealed firearm or other deadly weapon may be constitutionally carried.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Louisville/Lexington, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    12

    Post imported post

    On the UK website it just says that you can't have firearms on campus. I don't know how far that goes in regards to driving through campus. I sent an email to an officer this evening asking about that and also whether or not I could pick up my sister from her dorm while OCing in my car. I'll let you know what he says. There is a rifle range in the basement of Barker Hall that the rifle team uses and I know of some of the ROTC cadre that also shoot down there sometimes.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    63

    Post imported post

    Since I'm not a U.K. student or employee, it would appear that the most they could do would be to ask me to leave (if CCW discovered somehow), same as any other posted business. Failure to leave would subject me to a trespassing charge.



  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    63

    Post imported post

    Driving through U.K. (on a public street) is legal. Parking lots and U.K.-controlled access roads may be a different story - though if not a student or employee then it really doesn't matter.



  18. #18
    Regular Member Statesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    949

    Post imported post

    jbradford1 wrote:
    I have something for you.....http://www.lrc.state.ky.us/KRS/237-00/CHAPTER.HTM

    Look at sect .104......

    237.104 Rights to acquire, carry, and use deadly weapons not to be impaired during disaster or emergency -- Seizure of deadly weapons during disaster or emergency prohibited -- Application of section.

    (1) No person, unit of government, or governmental organization shall, during a period of disaster or emergency as specified in KRS Chapter 39A or at any other time, have the right to revoke, suspend, limit the use of, or otherwise impair the validity of the right of any person to purchase, transfer, loan, own, possess, carry, or use a firearm, firearm part, ammunition, ammunition component, or any deadly weapon or dangerous instrument.

    (2) No person, unit of government, or governmental organization shall, during a period of disaster or emergency as specified in KRS Chapter 39A or at any other time, take, seize, confiscate, or impound a firearm, firearm part, ammunition, ammunition component, or any deadly weapon or dangerous instrument from any person.

    (3) The provisions of this section shall not apply to the taking of an item specified in subsection (1) or (2) of this section from a person who is:

    (a) Forbidden to possess a firearm pursuant to KRS 527.040;

    (b) Forbidden to possess a firearm pursuant to federal law;

    (c) Violating KRS 527.020;

    (d) In possession of a stolen firearm;

    (e) Using a firearm in the commission of a separate criminal offense; or

    (f) Using a firearm or other weapon in the commission of an offense under KRS Chapter 150.

    Effective:
    July 12, 2006

    History:
    Created 2006 Ky. Acts ch. 240, sec. 7, effective July 12, 2006.
    Does this section also apply to the Federal government?


  19. #19
    Regular Member Statesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    949

    Post imported post

    N00blet45 wrote:
    I can't do much in the way of the visuals of the pamphlet but I would be more than willing to help with the content of it.
    Can you post the content here for review?

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Walton County, Georgia, ,
    Posts
    475

    Post imported post

    jbradford1 did most of the work, I provided a little bit of the wording. You can print them out and just tri-fold them or leave them as is to be used as a flyer.

    Here is the first part.

  21. #21
    Regular Member Statesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    949

    Post imported post

    N00blet45 wrote:
    From my understanding of the law you won't face any legal action but you will be subject to administrative punishment from the college.

    This is from KRS 237.115, it should answer your question.

    (1) Except as provided in KRS 527.020, nothing contained in KRS 237.110 shall be construed to limit, restrict, or prohibit in any manner the right of a college, university, or any postsecondary education facility, including technical schools and community colleges, to control the possession of deadly weapons on any property owned or controlled by them or the right of a unit of state, city, county, urban-county, or charter county government to prohibit the carrying of concealed deadly weapons by licensees in that portion of a building actually owned, leased, or occupied by that unit of government.

    (2) Except as provided in KRS 527.020, the legislative body of a state, city, county, or urban-county government may, by statute, administrative regulation, or ordinance, prohibit or limit the carrying of concealed deadly weapons by licensees in that portion of a building owned, leased, or controlled by that unit of government. That portion of a building in which the carrying of concealed deadly weapons is prohibited or limited shall be clearly identified by signs posted at the entrance to the restricted area. The statute or ordinance shall exempt any building used for public housing by private persons, highway rest areas, firing ranges, and private dwellings owned, leased, or controlled by that unit of government from any restriction on the carrying or possession of deadly weapons. The statute, administrative regulation, or ordinance shall not specify any criminal penalty for its violation but may specify that persons violating the statute or ordinance may be denied entrance to the building, ordered to leave the building, and if employees of the unit of government, be subject to employee disciplinary measures for violation of the provisions of the statute or ordinance. The provisions of this section shall not be deemed to be a violation of KRS 65.870 if the requirements of this section are followed. The provisions of this section shall not apply to any other unit of government.

    (3) Unless otherwise specifically provided by the Kentucky Revised Statutes or applicable federal law, no criminal penalty shall attach to carrying a concealed firearm or other deadly weapon with a permit at any location at which an unconcealed firearm or other deadly weapon may be constitutionally carried.
    So, is it "constitutional" to carry on campus?

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Walton County, Georgia, ,
    Posts
    475

    Post imported post

    And the other part.

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Silver Grove, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    81

    Post imported post

    Statesman wrote:
    jbradford1 wrote:
    I have something for you.....http://www.lrc.state.ky.us/KRS/237-00/CHAPTER.HTM

    Look at sect .104......

    237.104 Rights to acquire, carry, and use deadly weapons not to be impaired during disaster or emergency -- Seizure of deadly weapons during disaster or emergency prohibited -- Application of section.

    (1) No person, unit of government, or governmental organization shall, during a period of disaster or emergency as specified in KRS Chapter 39A or at any other time, have the right to revoke, suspend, limit the use of, or otherwise impair the validity of the right of any person to purchase, transfer, loan, own, possess, carry, or use a firearm, firearm part, ammunition, ammunition component, or any deadly weapon or dangerous instrument.

    (2) No person, unit of government, or governmental organization shall, during a period of disaster or emergency as specified in KRS Chapter 39A or at any other time, take, seize, confiscate, or impound a firearm, firearm part, ammunition, ammunition component, or any deadly weapon or dangerous instrument from any person.

    (3) The provisions of this section shall not apply to the taking of an item specified in subsection (1) or (2) of this section from a person who is:

    (a) Forbidden to possess a firearm pursuant to KRS 527.040;

    (b) Forbidden to possess a firearm pursuant to federal law;

    (c) Violating KRS 527.020;

    (d) In possession of a stolen firearm;

    (e) Using a firearm in the commission of a separate criminal offense; or

    (f) Using a firearm or other weapon in the commission of an offense under KRS Chapter 150.

    Effective:
    July 12, 2006

    History:
    Created 2006 Ky. Acts ch. 240, sec. 7, effective July 12, 2006.
    Does this section also apply to the Federal government?
    I am looking at section (b) and can assume as long as they (Feds) have a law or make one when they need it.(Katrina!..Duh! LOL!.)..they can try to do as they please. Knock knock..."Hi were from the Government and were here to help!...Can we have all of your firearms listed here?" "Oh! we tried to collect them from all of the criminals first but they wouldnt go along with us."

    Keep in mind...the following was not the Feds...but it could look something like this-

    Law-abiding citizens were subject to confiscation of their firearms during the Katrina catastrophe.
    http://gunsandammomag.com/cs/Satelli...n+The+Big+Easy

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Walton County, Georgia, ,
    Posts
    475

    Post imported post

    Statesman wrote:
    N00blet45 wrote:
    From my understanding of the law you won't face any legal action but you will be subject to administrative punishment from the college.

    This is from KRS 237.115, it should answer your question.

    (1) Except as provided in KRS 527.020, nothing contained in KRS 237.110 shall be construed to limit, restrict, or prohibit in any manner the right of a college, university, or any postsecondary education facility, including technical schools and community colleges, to control the possession of deadly weapons on any property owned or controlled by them or the right of a unit of state, city, county, urban-county, or charter county government to prohibit the carrying of concealed deadly weapons by licensees in that portion of a building actually owned, leased, or occupied by that unit of government.

    (2) Except as provided in KRS 527.020, the legislative body of a state, city, county, or urban-county government may, by statute, administrative regulation, or ordinance, prohibit or limit the carrying of concealed deadly weapons by licensees in that portion of a building owned, leased, or controlled by that unit of government. That portion of a building in which the carrying of concealed deadly weapons is prohibited or limited shall be clearly identified by signs posted at the entrance to the restricted area. The statute or ordinance shall exempt any building used for public housing by private persons, highway rest areas, firing ranges, and private dwellings owned, leased, or controlled by that unit of government from any restriction on the carrying or possession of deadly weapons. The statute, administrative regulation, or ordinance shall not specify any criminal penalty for its violation but may specify that persons violating the statute or ordinance may be denied entrance to the building, ordered to leave the building, and if employees of the unit of government, be subject to employee disciplinary measures for violation of the provisions of the statute or ordinance. The provisions of this section shall not be deemed to be a violation of KRS 65.870 if the requirements of this section are followed. The provisions of this section shall not apply to any other unit of government.

    (3) Unless otherwise specifically provided by the Kentucky Revised Statutes or applicable federal law, no criminal penalty shall attach to carrying a concealed firearm or other deadly weapon with a permit at any location at which an unconcealed firearm or other deadly weapon may be constitutionally carried.
    So, is it "constitutional" to carry on campus?
    It is legal to do so. However the law makes it clear that the college administration can set their own rules in regards to firearms, most have a no firearms/weapons policy. The law also states that you cannot face criminal penalty for violating a college's no firearms policy.

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Walton County, Georgia, ,
    Posts
    475

    Post imported post

    jbradford1 wrote:
    I am looking at section (b) and can assume as long as they (Feds) have a law or make one when they need it.(Katrina!..Duh! LOL!.)..they can try to do as they please. Knock knock..."Hi were from the Government and were here to help!...Can we have all of your firearms listed here?" "Oh! we tried to collect them from all of the criminals first but they wouldnt go along with us."

    Keep in mind...the following was not the Feds...but it could look something like this-

    Law-abiding citizens were subject to confiscation of their firearms during the Katrina catastrophe.
    http://gunsandammomag.com/cs/Satelli...n+The+Big+Easy
    Wouldn't that be a conflict of interests? How could a Kentucky State Trooper who is sworn to uphold Kentucky state law violate the law to enforce federal law?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •