Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OC Dinner in Fairfax - August 3rd

Post imported post

I've decided on Sunday, August 3rd at 7:00 p.m. Hopefully this will allow some of those going to the breakfast on the 2nd to attend.

I've chosen Red Rocks cafe in Centreville. I hope this is convenient for you all. It has easy access from both 28 and 29. Red Rocks is popular with the locals, and they do well with groups.

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=s...num=1&ct=image

RSVP (send me a PM) if you can make it, so I can make a reservation.

Post imported post

RSVP PM sent. See you there.

Post imported post

RSVP sent.

Post imported post

bump

Post imported post

You know I have to be there.

Look forward to meeting you.

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

I'm not sure at this point but I'll RSVP as soon as I can.

Post imported post

Well, thanks to my inability to sleep on an airplane, I wasn't able to make it out on Saturday.

Thanks to an entirely too long power outage, I wasn't able to get on the forum Sunday.

At any rate, bump.

Post imported post

marshaul wrote:
    Well, thanks to my inability to sleep on an airplane, I wasn't able to make it out on Saturday.

Thanks to an entirely too long power outage, I wasn't able to get on the forum Sunday.

At any rate, bump.
    Dominion Power needs to get off their asses and maintain their damn lines which INCLUDES keeping trees away.

This is the second outage in less than a month. Luckly we had a generator this time.

Another bump. Also going to change my RSVP to "I'll be there"

Post imported post

I'll be bringing a few guys who i'm trying to get into open carry and this forums. That will make a grand total of 4 for me.

Post imported post

marshaul wrote:
    I've decided on Sunday, August 3rd at 7:00 p.m. Hopefully this will allow some of those going to the breakfast on the 2nd to attend.

I've chosen Red Rocks cafe in Centreville. I hope this is convenient for you all. It has easy access from both 28 and 29. Red Rocks is popular with the locals, and they do well with groups.

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=s...1&ct=image

RSVP (send me a PM) if you can make it, so I can make a reservation.
    What is the current count of people comming? i am going to try toattend but will not know until sometime Friday. I will RSVP you by PM friday.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

I have no idea if I RSVP'ed but it is my plan to come
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

I'm probably off, but I count about 10 who replied in this post with an RSVP (I assume you'd only RSVP if you're coming...)

Post imported post

We may make it if we are back from NJ on time.

Post imported post

I just remembered my birthday is this weekend. I'm giving myself a bump.

Look forward to seeing you all!

Post imported post

I always like to have an idea of what food I'll get...so here's the menu!

http://www.northernvirginiamag.com/r...;_tequila_bar/

Post imported post

Red Rocks said No, so we walked next door to Glory Days.. Had a nice turn out and a nice time.

Sent post card to Red Rocks.. waiting for Skids pics to send Thank You to Glory Days.

Ed

- - -

Carry On.

Ed

- - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

As usual, very well worded and to the point, Ed. I'll be looking forward to the nextdinner as always

Post imported post

You should send them a photocopy compilation of all the receipts, with any personal/credit card info redacted, of course. I imagine the total bill came to a tidy sum...

Post imported post

PavePusher wrote:
    You should send them a photocopy compilation of all the receipts, with any personal/credit card info redacted, of course. I imagine the total bill came to a tidy sum...
    Yes...in the realm of two C-notes

EDIT: Forgot to add, nice to meet everyone, and nice to see everyone again I already knew

Post imported post

PavePusher wrote:
    The best thing about two places soooo close together like that.. is that they all know each other.... like maybe some of the guys from red rocks eat at Glory Days, etc.. (I once knew two managers that worked next door from each other at a Pizza Hut.. and a McDonalds.. looooonng story...lol.. ask me some day) Anyway.. the word will get back to Red Rocks from Glory days that I spoke the truth.

That word of mouth traffic will be better than any post card or copy of receipts.

After we left Glory days.. I headed back to my car (still parked in front of Red Rock) and I laughed at the empty restaurant.

Ed
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Post imported post

Here are the pics from the dinner in honor of Marshaul's visit back home.

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w...or%20Marshaul/

It was a glorious evening with fellowship, good food (after two unsucessful attempts) and some very positive public education.

Red Rocks did not want us, so we tried Little Italy next door - got the cold shoulder there too. As we were milling about pondering our next move one of the staff from Glory Days walked by and "invited" us to dine there. And we did!

As we were entering Glory Days one of the waitresses was also coming in. She saw all the guns and after a little and :shock:asked if they were real. She then made a joke about what might happen if someone were slow to refill a drink for one of us. This turned into a great conversation, and even though she was not our server she came by the table several times to see us. She remarked that this was the first time she had ever seen a gun, but was not as scared as she thought she would be. I asked her why and she said she was not scared because we were all so polite and quiet.

Speaking of Glory Days staff - kudos to the manager and his staff all around. We started out with a bunch of tables that resulted in a few folks all by themselves. We asked if we could put the tables together to form one big one. Not only did they not object, they jumped in and got things moved - all while asking if the way they were arranging tables was OK and was there anything else we wanted. TThe manager came by and let us know that when the game came on the volume would be turned up, and that if it got ttoo much for conversation we could ask him to lower it a bit. Imagine that Turning down the volume in a sports bar so some folks could have a guiet dinner conversation.

And so ended another great OC dinner. The fellowship made the treck through Northern Virginia traffic well worth it. A personal thanks to Ed - it was not necessary but I appreciate the gesture.

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Post imported post

It was definitely a good time. Thanks to Marshaul for putting it together. Thanks also to Ed for the cards. I look forward to doing it again sometime.

Post imported post

Good work, Ed.

Some day i gotta learn how to do that.

Post imported post

I had a great time last night. Thanks again to everyone who came out!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast