• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Dinner in Fairfax - August 3rd

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I've decided on Sunday, August 3rd at 7:00 p.m. Hopefully this will allow some of those going to the breakfast on the 2nd to attend. :)

I've chosen Red Rocks cafe in Centreville. I hope this is convenient for you all. It has easy access from both 28 and 29. Red Rocks is popular with the locals, and they do well with groups.

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=...191385&sa=X&oi=local_result&resnum=1&ct=image

RSVP (send me a PM) if you can make it, so I can make a reservation.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

You know I have to be there.

Look forward to meeting you.

stay safe.

skidmark

nova

imported post

I'm not sure at this point but I'll RSVP as soon as I can.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well, thanks to my inability to sleep on an airplane, I wasn't able to make it out on Saturday.

Thanks to an entirely too long power outage, I wasn't able to get on the forum Sunday.

At any rate, bump.

nova

imported post

marshaul wrote:
Well, thanks to my inability to sleep on an airplane, I wasn't able to make it out on Saturday.

Thanks to an entirely too long power outage, I wasn't able to get on the forum Sunday.

At any rate, bump.

Dominion Power needs to get off their asses and maintain their damn lines which INCLUDES keeping trees away.

This is the second outage in less than a month. Luckly we had a generator this time.

Another bump. Also going to change my RSVP to "I'll be there" :)

BigdoggyB

imported post

marshaul wrote:
I've decided on Sunday, August 3rd at 7:00 p.m. Hopefully this will allow some of those going to the breakfast on the 2nd to attend. :)

I've chosen Red Rocks cafe in Centreville. I hope this is convenient for you all. It has easy access from both 28 and 29. Red Rocks is popular with the locals, and they do well with groups.

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=safari&rls=en-us&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&um=1&q=red+rocks,&near=Centreville,+VA&fb=1&cid=0,0,7937488190544191385&sa=X&oi=local_result&resnum=1&ct=image

RSVP (send me a PM) if you can make it, so I can make a reservation.
What is the current count of people comming? i am going to try toattend but will not know until sometime Friday. I will RSVP you by PM friday.

nova

imported post

I'm probably off, but I count about 10 who replied in this post with an RSVP (I assume you'd only RSVP if you're coming...)

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

Red Rocks said No, so we walked next door to Glory Days.. Had a nice turn out and a nice time.

Sent post card to Red Rocks.. waiting for Skids pics to send Thank You to Glory Days.

Ed

- - -
redrocks08032008.jpg

nova

imported post

As usual, very well worded and to the point, Ed. I'll be looking forward to the nextdinner as always :)

PavePusher

imported post

You should send them a photocopy compilation of all the receipts, with any personal/credit card info redacted, of course. I imagine the total bill came to a tidy sum...

nova

imported post

PavePusher wrote:
You should send them a photocopy compilation of all the receipts, with any personal/credit card info redacted, of course. I imagine the total bill came to a tidy sum...

Yes...in the realm of two C-notes ;)

EDIT: Forgot to add, nice to meet everyone, and nice to see everyone again I already knew :)

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

PavePusher wrote:

The best thing about two places soooo close together like that.. is that they all know each other.... like maybe some of the guys from red rocks eat at Glory Days, etc.. (I once knew two managers that worked next door from each other at a Pizza Hut.. and a McDonalds.. looooonng story...lol.. ask me some day) Anyway.. the word will get back to Red Rocks from Glory days that I spoke the truth.

That word of mouth traffic will be better than any post card or copy of receipts.

After we left Glory days.. I headed back to my car (still parked in front of Red Rock) and I laughed at the empty restaurant.

Ed