• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Dinner in Fairfax - August 3rd

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Here are the pics from the dinner in honor of Marshaul's visit back home.

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w186/vaskidmark/OC%20Dinner%20for%20Marshaul/

It was a glorious evening with fellowship, good food (after two unsucessful attempts) and some very positive public education.

Red Rocks did not want us, so we tried Little Italy next door - got the cold shoulder there too. As we were milling about pondering our next move one of the staff from Glory Days walked by and "invited" us to dine there. And we did!

As we were entering Glory Days one of the waitresses was also coming in. She saw all the guns and after a little :uhoh:and :shock:asked if they were real. She then made a joke about what might happen if someone were slow to refill a drink for one of us. This turned into a great conversation, and even though she was not our server she came by the table several times to see us. She remarked that this was the first time she had ever seen a gun, but was not as scared as she thought she would be. I asked her why and she said she was not scared because we were all so polite and quiet.

Speaking of Glory Days staff - kudos to the manager and his staff all around. We started out with a bunch of tables that resulted in a few folks all by themselves. We asked if we could put the tables together to form one big one. Not only did they not object, they jumped in and got things moved - all while asking if the way they were arranging tables was OK and was there anything else we wanted. TThe manager came by and let us know that when the game came on the volume would be turned up, and that if it got ttoo much for conversation we could ask him to lower it a bit. Imagine that :exclaim: Turning down the volume in a sports bar so some folks could have a guiet dinner conversation.

And so ended another great OC dinner. The fellowship made the treck through Northern Virginia traffic well worth it. A personal thanks to Ed - it was not necessary but I appreciate the gesture.

stay safe.

skidmark

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

gdg.jpg

Bandit

imported post

It was definitely a good time. Thanks to Marshaul for putting it together. Thanks also to Ed for the cards. I look forward to doing it again sometime.