• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Picnic on August 2nd in Pewaukee

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

Just saw in another thread that the Wisconsin Patriots are having an open carry picnic on Aug. 2nd.

First I'd heard of it and I visit here daily, so I wanted to start a post to get more information.

Do we need to bring anything? Obviously there is no alcohol but do we need to bring food?

Who's all coming? Looking forward to meeting many of you there.

http://www.wisconsinpatriots.com/calendar.html

Parabellum

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I will be there, and we wont have alcohol there because we dont want to give any excuse for a negative spin on the event. Although it is a private event, we want public interaction so we need to do this as if it were a public event with a casual attitude.

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

Why 'obviously'? The law prohibits LAC in licensed premises and BAC>0.08 probably, but a private event should only need discretion. BAC>0.08 needs five beers hammered for me.

Sorry, I should have written "I assume" there won't be alcohol.

And I would only assume that because the other open carry picnics I have read about there was a point of not having alcohol.

I very much enjoy a drink on the weekends, and I think that like everything in life, law abiding citizens are smart enough to handle themselves properly and with discretion.

Look forward to seeing you again at the picnic Para.

Parabellum

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Doug, there won't be any alcohol. This thread is not about that, it is about informing OCDO members that it will take place. Lets keep the thread on track.

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Is there anymore information on this? There isn't much information on the WI Patriots site about it.

What is the general thought on OC in Pewaukee?
Have they contacted the city to let them know that this event is taking place?
Have any media sources been informed?

Maybe there is some other place which this has been discussed, if so could you provide a link.

Thanks.

Parabellum

Founder's Club Member
imported post

There isnt exactly a membership to the patriots per se. Its a grass roots thing so just show up and help or send Jim(comp45acp), Pete, or Gene(ccwtrainer) an email telling them you would like to help and they can tell you what you can do. You can find their emails on the contact page of the wisconsinpatriots.com site.