Thread: OCed While getting a Haircut

Post imported post

Just another posative OC report:

Went to hair cuttery in Eagle Mountain the the otherday (forgot to post). i walked right in and got my hair cut. i thought for sure someone might be ready to say something about it due to the fact that it was nothing but a bunch of girls in there (some with their kids).

Nothing but smiles! :celebrate

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

nice...

I went into the salon with my wife the other day we were the only 3 people in there because it was late, the girl that cuts my wife's hair saw it and didn't seem to care, I hoped she felt better about it because we were the only ones there.

maybe the girls at the hair cuttery felt more secure with you there, a person they trust knowing you would protect them if necessary.

but me saying that.... what that your first time in there or do you always go there to get your hair cut?

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I'm not sure of y'alls circumstances so this is just a general reminder to readers.

Once the barber's cape/apron goes on you, your weapon becomes concealed. CCW laws in your state become applicable.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    I'm not sure of y'alls circumstances so this is just a general reminder to readers.

Once the barber's cape/apron goes on you, your weapon becomes concealed. CCW laws in your state become applicable.
    nice point... never thought of that, but dont think of that my self I do have a CWP

Post imported post

ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
    Went to hair cuttery in Eagle Mountain the the otherday (forgot to post).
    Was it the Great Clips in The Ranches? I have carried openly while getting a haircut there, and the Payson location. That is, until the stylist concealed it for me with the big hair bib.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:

CRAP - didn't even think of that. i guess i need to be more aware. i mean, that make perfect sense. i shoulda seen it...thanks for the heads up.

Post imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
    ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
    Went to hair cuttery in Eagle Mountain the the otherday (forgot to post).
    Was it the Great Clips in The Ranches?...
    yup - was visiting up there for a bit. I dig that area. its got a nice small town feel..The Ranches..

Post imported post

usSiR wrote:
    ...but me saying that.... what that your first time in there or do you always go there to get your hair cut?
    yup - was my first time OCing there, but been a handfull of times. im sure that helped some. i agree with your logic.

Post imported post

Ah, hair wont hurt your gun, just pull it off.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Interesting scenario - concealed when covered by someone else....are you concealed if someone is standing near you and your OC weapon is not visible to anyone (else)? Begs the question as to whether concealed means YOU conceal or someone ELSE conceals. If the latter, might you inadvertently be incriminated by someone else's action if you don't have a CCW permit? If you enter a dressing room in a department store, have you become concealed? What's the difference between the barber's drape and the dressing room?

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

The way I see it, the shop is giving you permission to conceal while on their premises if they are the ones that are concealing it... I'd say that could be used as a pretty good defense!

Post imported post

timf343 wrote:
    Interesting scenario - concealed when covered by someone else....are you concealed if someone is standing near you and your OC weapon is not visible to anyone (else)? Begs the question as to whether concealed means YOU conceal or someone ELSE conceals. If the latter, might you inadvertently be incriminated by someone else's action if you don't have a CCW permit? If you enter a dressing room in a department store, have you become concealed? What's the difference between the barber's drape and the dressing room?
    That's an interesting set of questions. Common sense would suggest you could argue your way out of a situation like that similar to the way one would argue their way out of a bad traffic ticket. I don't think there is a judge or jury in this state that would be so anal as to hold a charge of carrying a concealed weapon without a license under those circumstances. Then again, human beings have also been known to lack common sense an a regular basis.

Kevin
    If it isn't broke, then don't fix it, or you'll fix it until it's broke.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

timf343 wrote:
    At a certain point the question becomes academic.

The real question is whether, how, and to what degree do you open yourself to LE action.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    timf343 wrote:
    At a certain point the question becomes academic.

The real question is whether, how, and to what degree do you open yourself to LE action.
    Well - as far as the Hair cuttery experience was concerned: i feel that it could have went either way, right? If i walked in there all "Hollywood" attitude and refused to show respect (common enoughtm right? geez) So ya - if i was a rude guy or just had an attitude in gerneral, i m sure the gun would have been noticed in a negative light. But i wasn't so i feel that it was identified as a firearm at some point, and due to my attitude (friendly, talking to my barber (no, i won't say Stylist, sorry. ha)

So ya - attitude is everything.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

LovesHisXD45 wrote:
    timf343 wrote:
    SNIP Begs the question as to...
    SNIPI don't think there is a judge or jury in this state that would be so anal as to hold a charge of carrying a concealed weapon without a license under those circumstances.
    Anti-gun sentiment can run pretty deep.

In VA some time back a fella was charged with CC. He was in a car wreck with an OC'd handgun. Just before exiting the car, he locked it in the console.

His case went all the way to the VACourt of Appeals or the VA Supreme Court. I'm pretty sure his conviction was overturned, though.

Founder's Club Member OC-Glock19's Avatar

Post imported post

LovesHisXD45 wrote:
    (Snip)Then again, human beings have also been known to lack common sense an a regular basis.

Kevin
    Yeah, like 4 out of 9 Supreme Court Justices.

Post imported post

Post imported post

Post imported post

Post imported post

brokenarrows wrote:
    ...The public is mosty naive and afraid of guns. This is a result of tragedy and irresposibility.
    Thats not accurate at all.

...i have never had an issue..

Post imported post

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

brokenarrows wrote:
    SNIP
    Sir, check your Private Messages.

Post imported post

brokenarrows wrote:
    perhaps to put it bluntly:
    MANY ACT LIKE CHILDREN IN THE CANDY STORE!

WOO HOOOOOOI CARRIED MY GUN I CARRIED MY GUN.....

SOME ARE CLEARLY COMPENSATING FOR LACK OF COMMON SENCE AND OR SELF ESTEEM!!!

HOLY HELL CHILDREN!!!!

GO BAN ME NOW! IM FRUSTRATED TO NO END WITH THIS WEBSITE DUE TO THE KIDS!

SOME HERE ARE CAUSING AND GOING TO CAUSE PROBLEMS FOR OTHERS AND NO ONE SEEMS TO GET IT!

CARRYING A GUN IS A SACRED RIGHT!!
    SOME ON THESE POST ARE GONNA MESS IT UP!!!

I CARRIED MY GUN I CARRIED MY GUN.........

IN THE END REMEMBER:

I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!

The I told you so's go on, but I cut them out so that it wouldn't be a page long.
    Now who's acting childish?

Post imported post

I seriously don't get your responses, at all. Can i ask your age, please? Not a personal attack, it just might explain a bit.

Post imported post

So, basically, you are upset that people want to come here and say "I carried here and everything was fine" ??

I think you're missing the point of this forum.