• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCed While getting a Haircut

scorpioajr

imported post

Just another posative OC report:

Went to hair cuttery in Eagle Mountain the the otherday (forgot to post). i walked right in and got my hair cut. i thought for sure someone might be ready to say something about it due to the fact that it was nothing but a bunch of girls in there (some with their kids).

Nothing but smiles! :celebrate

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

nice...

I went into the salon with my wife the other day we were the only 3 people in there because it was late, the girl that cuts my wife's hair saw it and didn't seem to care, I hoped she felt better about it because we were the only ones there.

maybe the girls at the hair cuttery felt more secure with you there, a person they trust knowing you would protect them if necessary.

but me saying that.... what that your first time in there or do you always go there to get your hair cut?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I'm not sure of y'alls circumstances so this is just a general reminder to readers.

Once the barber's cape/apron goes on you, your weapon becomes concealed. CCW laws in your state become applicable.

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Citizen wrote:
I'm not sure of y'alls circumstances so this is just a general reminder to readers.

Once the barber's cape/apron goes on you, your weapon becomes concealed. CCW laws in your state become applicable.
nice point... never thought of that, but dont think of that my self I do have a CWP

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
Went to hair cuttery in Eagle Mountain the the otherday (forgot to post).
Was it the Great Clips in The Ranches? I have carried openly while getting a haircut there, and the Payson location. That is, until the stylist concealed it for me with the big hair bib. :D

scorpioajr

imported post

Citizen wrote:

CRAP - didn't even think of that. i guess i need to be more aware. i mean, that make perfect sense. i shoulda seen it...thanks for the heads up.

scorpioajr

imported post

usSiR wrote:
...but me saying that.... what that your first time in there or do you always go there to get your hair cut?
yup - was my first time OCing there, but been a handfull of times. im sure that helped some. i agree with your logic.

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Interesting scenario - concealed when covered by someone else....are you concealed if someone is standing near you and your OC weapon is not visible to anyone (else)? Begs the question as to whether concealed means YOU conceal or someone ELSE conceals. If the latter, might you inadvertently be incriminated by someone else's action if you don't have a CCW permit? If you enter a dressing room in a department store, have you become concealed? What's the difference between the barber's drape and the dressing room?

jaredbelch

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The way I see it, the shop is giving you permission to conceal while on their premises if they are the ones that are concealing it... I'd say that could be used as a pretty good defense!

LovesHisXD45

imported post

timf343 wrote:
Interesting scenario - concealed when covered by someone else....are you concealed if someone is standing near you and your OC weapon is not visible to anyone (else)? Begs the question as to whether concealed means YOU conceal or someone ELSE conceals. If the latter, might you inadvertently be incriminated by someone else's action if you don't have a CCW permit? If you enter a dressing room in a department store, have you become concealed? What's the difference between the barber's drape and the dressing room?

That's an interesting set of questions. Common sense would suggest you could argue your way out of a situation like that similar to the way one would argue their way out of a bad traffic ticket. I don't think there is a judge or jury in this state that would be so anal as to hold a charge of carrying a concealed weapon without a license under those circumstances. Then again, human beings have also been known to lack common sense an a regular basis.

Kevin

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

timf343 wrote:

At a certain point the question becomes academic.

The real question is whether, how, and to what degree do you open yourself to LE action.

scorpioajr

imported post

Citizen wrote:
timf343 wrote:

At a certain point the question becomes academic.

The real question is whether, how, and to what degree do you open yourself to LE action.

Well - as far as the Hair cuttery experience was concerned: i feel that it could have went either way, right? If i walked in there all "Hollywood" attitude and refused to show respect (common enoughtm right? geez) So ya - if i was a rude guy or just had an attitude in gerneral, i m sure the gun would have been noticed in a negative light. But i wasn't so i feel that it was identified as a firearm at some point, and due to my attitude (friendly, talking to my barber (no, i won't say Stylist, sorry. ha)

So ya - attitude is everything.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

LovesHisXD45 wrote:
timf343 wrote:
SNIP Begs the question as to...
SNIPI don't think there is a judge or jury in this state that would be so anal as to hold a charge of carrying a concealed weapon without a license under those circumstances.
Anti-gun sentiment can run pretty deep.

In VA some time back a fella was charged with CC. He was in a car wreck with an OC'd handgun. Just before exiting the car, he locked it in the console.

His case went all the way to the VACourt of Appeals or the VA Supreme Court. I'm pretty sure his conviction was overturned, though.