Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: so....what did you get at the gunshow?

Post imported post

Just got back from the gunshow, I was a little disappointed. The ak's I had wanted was either not there or jacked up about $75 from last show. I guess that is to be expected.

I picked up a nice shoulder holster for my 1911, some extra parts and a bcg for my ar, and 1000rds of 5.56 for $335.

I had hoped to find a nice m1 carbine that I could afford app $500, but no such luck, I guess I will order from CMP.

What did you guys get?

Post imported post

Nothing I felt like browsing around.

I don't think prices for guns are going to be going down. As aprehension over Nov grows closer I think up is where you will see all things go.

And if Nov goes bad, up more...

Post imported post

1000 rounds of .45 ACP for $268.

I saw a single M1 Carbine with a scope mount on it for $430.

Post imported post

Picked up 3 sets of Ahrends Grips for my k-frame S&Ws, a set of Ahrends Grips for my 1911, and a set of electronic ear muffs.

Saw a bunch of interesting shotguns (wanting to get into trap/skeet shooting).

Didn't find the Maryland Small Arms Range people (I wanted to inquire about a strong-box safe) or Bruce Furr's table, but I plan on going back tomorrow.

Tomorrow I'll be looking for ammo (maybe), magazines (maybe), and a shotgun (maybe).

Post imported post

I got ammo...lots of ammo. 9x19, 9x18, .38spl, .357, .44mag, .40SW, .45acp, .223, etc.

Two family members bought a gun, I'm probably going back tomorrow to look at grips for my K-frame since I got a 3-day pass.

Post imported post

nova wrote:
    I got ammo...lots of ammo. 9x19, 9x18, .38spl, .357, .44mag, .40SW, .45acp, .223, etc.

Two family members bought a gun, I'm probably going back tomorrow to look at grips for my K-frame since I got a 3-day pass.
    I recommend D&J Gun Repair (they're near the front entrance)--they have a wide selection of grips, plus they're local (they're up in Sterling).

Hey, I've also got a set of Eagle grips I don't think I'll ever use anymore (and a whole bunch of Hogue grips that I'll definitely never use anymore) for K/L-frame round-butt (round-to-square conversions), if you're interested...

Post imported post

I bought:

-NRA membership

-6 G19 mags, 2 G17 mags, and 1 30 round glock mag. The place in the back corner had them for 14.35 each! If you need any glock mags this is hands down the best deal available. I talked with the man who was either the owner or manager and he said he was able to get the LE price on 5000 of them.

-200 rounds of federal 9mm (9BPLE).

-100 rounds of Spanish surplus .308

-AK47 pistol grip screw and nut.

Post imported post

kle wrote:
    nova wrote:

I recommend D&J Gun Repair (they're near the front entrance)--they have a wide selection of grips, plus they're local (they're up in Sterling).

Hey, I've also got a set of Eagle grips I don't think I'll ever use anymore (and a whole bunch of Hogue grips that I'll definitely never use anymore) for K/L-frame round-butt (round-to-square conversions), if you're interested...
    That might be the place I was looking at. I just couldn't decide whether to get a set of used wood grips for 15 bucks or to order a set of nylon Hogues for 16.99 plus shipping...I'll have to go back and look closer. I do like the rubber Hogues I have on it currently but they snag my shirt very easily.

ETA my Smith is a square butt but thanks for the offer!

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

A Llama .22 - modeled ona 1911 frame complete with beavertail grip safety (it's just cute).

500 rounds of 9mm (for the tactical shoot I did yesterday, and today's Utah class).

Spouse bought a 1911.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

nova wrote:
    kle wrote:
    nova wrote:

That might be the place I was looking at. I just couldn't decide whether to get a set of used wood grips for 15 bucks or to order a set of nylon Hogues for 16.99 plus shipping...I'll have to go back and look closer. I do like the rubber Hogues I have on it currently but they snag my shirt very easily.

ETA my Smith is a square butt but thanks for the offer!
    Well I didn't make it to the show today and now we're in a power outage so I'm stuck at home to run the generator...

I'll just order the nylon hogue grips from Midway next weekend (when they're supposed to bein stock) along with a few other things so shipping won't bebad at all. These ones are supposed to be able to be worked like wood so I may round off some of the square on the butt if I'm not happy with them as is. I'm keeping the rubber Hogues though because they are great when I have wet or sweaty hands when I'm out in the back woods biking etc.

Post imported post

I'm trying to save some money for a rental property I'm looking to purchase so I didn't spend much money at this show

I bought a small range bag that can carry two pistols and has elastic magazine pouches for $11.

2 9mm snap caps so I can practice the trigger on the Sig P6

2 rail panels for my AR

A can of break free clp since I was running low

Founder's Club Member OC-Glock19's Avatar

Post imported post

600 rounds ofSouth African surplus .223 in sealed battle packs

Fobus nonretention holster for competition

VCDL bumper sticker (the old one was peeling off)

3.5 lb trigger for the Glock 19 -- Installed for free at the show.

Post imported post

I got a 3.5lb connector, spring, extended mag release, extended slide release, and magwell plug for my Glock 19. I love it so far. It was a very easy install. Oh and I also got a couple glock Tshirts and some targets.
    And last buy not least an NRA membership.

Post imported post

PIcked up a Ruger Mark III, so my daughter can start shooting with me, and a couple little doodads -- a caliper for $2, set of torx wrenches, some assorted files, etc. There was more I wanted to pick up, but didn't get back there on Sunday. I couldn't find anyone with Federal HST for 9mm, though.

Post imported post

I bought a Springfield Armory 1911 Model PX9152LP :celebrate

As always...picked up some more snap caps.

Post imported post

Didn't hit the show since I've already spent too much this month. Have some nice goodies in shipment from another C&R. I stayed home yesterday and finished building my Yugo M70AB2 underfolder AK.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

alnitak wrote:
    my daughter can start shooting with me
    My daughter wanted the Pink Walther P22

Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

I didn't get it from the gun show, but I picked it up from Virginia Arms this weekend came in from a dealer off of funbroker

a blast to shoot!

Post imported post

wow, that's a nice toy!

Post imported post

eyesopened wrote:
    wow, that's a nice toy!
    isn't the prettiest, but i love the design, from an engineering standpoint it is neat.

the downside is, it loves bullets!

one of my "it might be banned in a year" purchases

Post imported post

Yeah I'd like an FS2000, but that thing is $$$$!n A new version just came out that is 5.56 and accepts AR15 mags too.

Post imported post

Very cool. Troy Arms is releasing an AR15 upper that will accept the P90 mags and use the AR magwell as the ejection chute. Gonna list for about $700.

http://www.militarygunsupply.com/sho...roducts_id=380

Post imported post

zoom6zoom wrote:
    Very cool. Troy Arms is releasing an AR15 upper that will accept the P90 mags and use the AR magwell as the ejection chute. Gonna list for about $700.

http://www.militarygunsupply.com/sho...roducts_id=380

THAT's pretty cool! The AR15 really is becomming a versatle weapon...ranging from 5.56 and other rifle calibers, to .50 Beowulf, single shot .50BMG, and now this!?!

Post imported post

I picked up a new Ruger 22/45 MKIII for plinking!

Post imported post

mp3mogul wrote:
    I picked up a new Ruger 22/45 MKIII for plinking!
    That is truely an excellent gun. I bought one several gun shows ago and put a red dot on it. Its a fantastic plinker.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast