• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

so....what did you get at the gunshow?

fizzer

imported post

Just got back from the gunshow, I was a little disappointed. The ak's I had wanted was either not there or jacked up about $75 from last show. I guess that is to be expected.

I picked up a nice shoulder holster for my 1911, some extra parts and a bcg for my ar, and 1000rds of 5.56 for $335.

I had hoped to find a nice m1 carbine that I could afford app $500, but no such luck, I guess I will order from CMP.

What did you guys get?

hsmith

imported post

Nothing I felt like browsing around.

I don't think prices for guns are going to be going down. As aprehension over Nov grows closer I think up is where you will see all things go.

And if Nov goes bad, up more...

kle

imported post

Picked up 3 sets of Ahrends Grips for my k-frame S&Ws, a set of Ahrends Grips for my 1911, and a set of electronic ear muffs.

Saw a bunch of interesting shotguns (wanting to get into trap/skeet shooting).

Didn't find the Maryland Small Arms Range people (I wanted to inquire about a strong-box safe) or Bruce Furr's table, but I plan on going back tomorrow.

Tomorrow I'll be looking for ammo (maybe), magazines (maybe), and a shotgun (maybe).

nova

imported post

I got ammo...lots of ammo. 9x19, 9x18, .38spl, .357, .44mag, .40SW, .45acp, .223, etc.

Two family members bought a gun, I'm probably going back tomorrow to look at grips for my K-frame since I got a 3-day pass.

kle

imported post

nova wrote:
I got ammo...lots of ammo. 9x19, 9x18, .38spl, .357, .44mag, .40SW, .45acp, .223, etc.

Two family members bought a gun, I'm probably going back tomorrow to look at grips for my K-frame since I got a 3-day pass.
I recommend D&J Gun Repair (they're near the front entrance)--they have a wide selection of grips, plus they're local (they're up in Sterling).

Hey, I've also got a set of Eagle grips I don't think I'll ever use anymore (and a whole bunch of Hogue grips that I'll definitely never use anymore) for K/L-frame round-butt (round-to-square conversions), if you're interested...

mpg9999

imported post

I bought:

-NRA membership

-6 G19 mags, 2 G17 mags, and 1 30 round glock mag. The place in the back corner had them for 14.35 each! If you need any glock mags this is hands down the best deal available. I talked with the man who was either the owner or manager and he said he was able to get the LE price on 5000 of them.

-200 rounds of federal 9mm (9BPLE).

-100 rounds of Spanish surplus .308

-AK47 pistol grip screw and nut.

nova

imported post

kle wrote:
nova wrote:

I recommend D&J Gun Repair (they're near the front entrance)--they have a wide selection of grips, plus they're local (they're up in Sterling).

Hey, I've also got a set of Eagle grips I don't think I'll ever use anymore (and a whole bunch of Hogue grips that I'll definitely never use anymore) for K/L-frame round-butt (round-to-square conversions), if you're interested...

That might be the place I was looking at. I just couldn't decide whether to get a set of used wood grips for 15 bucks or to order a set of nylon Hogues for 16.99 plus shipping...I'll have to go back and look closer. I do like the rubber Hogues I have on it currently but they snag my shirt very easily.

ETA my Smith is a square butt but thanks for the offer! :)

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

A Llama .22 - modeled ona 1911 frame complete with beavertail grip safety (it's just cute).

500 rounds of 9mm (for the tactical shoot I did yesterday, and today's Utah class).

Spouse bought a 1911.

nova

imported post

nova wrote:
kle wrote:
nova wrote:

That might be the place I was looking at. I just couldn't decide whether to get a set of used wood grips for 15 bucks or to order a set of nylon Hogues for 16.99 plus shipping...I'll have to go back and look closer. I do like the rubber Hogues I have on it currently but they snag my shirt very easily.

ETA my Smith is a square butt but thanks for the offer! :)

Well I didn't make it to the show today and now we're in a power outage so I'm stuck at home to run the generator...

I'll just order the nylon hogue grips from Midway next weekend (when they're supposed to bein stock) along with a few other things so shipping won't bebad at all. These ones are supposed to be able to be worked like wood so I may round off some of the square on the butt if I'm not happy with them as is. I'm keeping the rubber Hogues though because they are great when I have wet or sweaty hands when I'm out in the back woods biking etc.

eyesopened

imported post

I'm trying to save some money for a rental property I'm looking to purchase so I didn't spend much money at this show

I bought a small range bag that can carry two pistols and has elastic magazine pouches for $11.

2 9mm snap caps so I can practice the trigger on the Sig P6

2 rail panels for my AR

A can of break free clp since I was running low

OC-Glock19

Founder's Club Member
imported post

600 rounds ofSouth African surplus .223 in sealed battle packs

Fobus nonretention holster for competition

VCDL bumper sticker (the old one was peeling off)

3.5 lb trigger for the Glock 19 -- Installed for free at the show.

CRF250rider1000

imported post

I got a 3.5lb connector, spring, extended mag release, extended slide release, and magwell plug for my Glock 19. :D I love it so far. It was a very easy install. Oh and I also got a couple glock Tshirts and some targets.
And last buy not least an NRA membership.

alnitak

imported post

PIcked up a Ruger Mark III, so my daughter can start shooting with me, and a couple little doodads -- a caliper for $2, set of torx wrenches, some assorted files, etc. There was more I wanted to pick up, but didn't get back there on Sunday. I couldn't find anyone with Federal HST for 9mm, though.

zoom6zoom

imported post

Didn't hit the show since I've already spent too much this month. Have some nice goodies in shipment from another C&R. I stayed home yesterday and finished building my Yugo M70AB2 underfolder AK.

hsmith

imported post

I didn't get it from the gun show, but I picked it up from Virginia Arms this weekend :D came in from a dealer off of funbroker

i72bew.jpg

a blast to shoot!

hsmith

imported post

eyesopened wrote:
wow, that's a nice toy!
isn't the prettiest, but i love the design, from an engineering standpoint it is neat.

the downside is, it loves bullets!

one of my "it might be banned in a year" purchases :(