• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

so....what did you get at the gunshow?

zoom6zoom

imported post

Very cool. Troy Arms is releasing an AR15 upper that will accept the P90 mags and use the AR magwell as the ejection chute. Gonna list for about $700.

http://www.militarygunsupply.com/shop2/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37&products_id=380

flattop57a.jpg

nova

Richie

imported post

I picked up a Fobus front vertical grip, a fobus collapsible stock with the optional saddle, an Aimpoint 3x magnifier, and some .223 ammo for my AR. I also picked up a bipod for my Remy model 700.

Oh and I also got yelled at for having a loaded magazine on my persons. Appearatnly having a loaded mag despite being ejected from your firearm is still considered having a loaded firearm. :uhoh: I was a bad boy...

nova

imported post

Bandit wrote:
mp3mogul wrote:
I picked up a new Ruger 22/45 MKIII for plinking!
That is truely an excellent gun. I bought one several gun shows ago and put a red dot on it. Its a fantastic plinker.
Funny...my father just bought one at the show too! Cost of ammo is getting out of hand but .22 is still 11 bucks for 550rds :)

kle

imported post

Richie wrote:
Oh and I also got yelled at for having a loaded magazine on my persons. Appearatnly having a loaded mag despite being ejected from your firearm is still considered having a loaded firearm. :uhoh: I was a bad boy...
Somewhere I read that there were to be "no loaded guns or magazines" at the show by anyone other than law enforcement.

Richie

imported post

kle wrote:
Richie wrote:
Somewhere I read that there were to be "no loaded guns or magazines" at the show by anyone other than law enforcement.
Thats entirely possible. There were a ton of signs. The one I do recall reading said something like no loaded firearms, no exceptions.

Either way, now I know better the next time I go there. :D

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Richie wrote:
kle wrote:
Richie wrote:
Thats entirely possible. There were a ton of signs. The one I do recall reading said something like no loaded firearms, no exceptions.

Here's the Nation's Gun Show site and their "Show Rules". I just happened to see it before I went, so I could get a $1.00 off coupon. Didn't use it, though. I opted to add another year to my NRA membership - $10 off + free admission and no waiting in the line. I unloaded and carried an empty mag. I looked for someone to plastic tie my 45, but, alas, couldn't find anyone to check it and tie it, so went on about my business.

nova

imported post

DoubleR wrote:
Richie wrote:
kle wrote:
Richie wrote:

Here's the Nation's Gun Show site and their "Show Rules". I just happened to see it before I went, so I could get a $1.00 off coupon. Didn't use it, though. I opted to add another year to my NRA membership - $10 off + free admission and no waiting in the line. I unloaded and carried an empty mag. I looked for someone to plastic tie my 45, but, alas, couldn't find anyone to check it and tie it, so went on about my business.

I like taking advantage of the gun show revolver loophole :)

A speedloader or speedstrip is not a magazine:lol:

kle

imported post

nova wrote:
I like taking advantage of the gun show revolver loophole :)

A speedloader or speedstrip is not a magazine:lol:
Neither is a moon- or star-clip (like the star-clip for my Taurus 905 =).