• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Issues is Flagstaff?

ca2az96

imported post

Hello Everyone,

I recently moved to Flagstaff, from Phoenix. I OC everywhere I go, and so far, have had no negative experiences. Can anyone recount any positive or negative experiences you might have had with LEO or private citizens?

rolexbenz190e

imported post

I reside in Flagstaff as well and I OC quite often, I haveeven OC'd in places like the movie theatres, safeway, walmart, etc. and I CC almost everywhere I go. So far I haven't gotten any heat from any one. Infact, so far I have only had people come up to me and whisper "so what are you carrying?" and then they begin to tell me their life story and all the guns they usually carry.

As for LEO.... I was OC'ing one night after a late night at my house working in my office. I had left my home to sleep over at my girl friend's house around 1:45am. I arrived at her place at 2AM-ish' along with her roommate (who I have known for over 6 years) who just got back from the bars (she was drunk of course). We both approched the steps at the same time, then she noticed my piece holstered on my side. She then automatically went into a rage "You cannot come into this house with a gun!". I then told her that my girlfriend and I feel much safer if we have ready protection. The roommate had then gotten more furious and told me to leave it in the car. I personally am uncomfortable leaving my firearm in the car, because if it is stolen I am still responsible for it. So I had informed her of that and she still disagreed. She then said "If you step one foot in this house, I am calling the cops!".

Having said that, I called my girlfriend (she was upstairs and didn't hear anything that was going on) as I was placing my firearm in my trunk and waiting outside. Note that I didn't not step any closer to the house nor did I step anywhere near inside of the house. I then heard a verbal arguement upstairs after I got off the phone with my girlfriend and she was coming down stairs. When She came down stairs to talk with me, she had told me that her roommate had called 911 and said "there is a man outside with a gun"!!!!! WHAT?! I had honored her request to keep the firearm outside! I guess after she got off the phone with the police, my girlfriend had gotten in a verbal debate with her as to why since I honored all of her requests. Non the less, 3 units and 3 LEO's showed up.

They asked who had the weapon and I identified myself. I told them the gun was in the car and they did a quick search on my person. After interviewing all of us, they said "Well, no crime was committed... I dont know why you called us, especially 911. This is a non-emergency situation." hahaha. Anyways, my girlfriend was pissed that this had all happend for nothing, so we just stayed at my place 15 min. out of town. I went to the police station a few weeks after that to pick up the police report and 911 call. The end of the report summery said "We fond that Sean was not trespassing and was legally armed."

So those have been my experiences so far! Sometimes you run into those stuborn Liberal types. Oh well. People will always continue to be people. Non the less, that incedent has not stopped me at all in my opinions/ways that I carry.

mzbk2l

imported post

Welcome, Flagstaff guys. Rolex, that's a crazy story about the room mate; hope things get better on that front soon! (Funny that she thinks she's perfectly safe wandering around drunk, but let a responsible person with a gun come around and suddenly she's in danger. Some people have trouble with logic, methinks....)

ca2az96

imported post

Wow Rolex...I am almost speechless! I definitely think you handled that situation appropriately. I would tell the Girlfriend to either move out, or kick that psycho out. Nothing worse than a drunk Liberal chick! I myself haven't had any negative experiences in Flagstaff yet. I did have a funny thing happen though. I was at Wendy's on Milton the other day, and saw a couple OCing. This Hippie looking fellow notices them, then notices me OCing, and says to me as he's shaking his head "Well, it must be Open Carry Day in Flagstaff". I responded that we were all going to march in a parade in a few minutes! lol

rolexbenz190e

imported post

Thanks for the warm welcome:) Here is an update on what happend after that:

My girlfriend moved out and is temporarily living with her mom. They are goingto move down to Phoenix andmy gf will attend the Police Academyin September and be a LEO in the Phoenix area! As for the roommate... She is now stuck with and $800/month rent, $80/month internet and $100/month cable. haha. My girlfriend was never on the lease, it was just a verbal agreement between her and the land lord. So my gf isn't legally obligated to pay anything. Even though verbal contracts are binding in the state of Arizona (i hear), it wouldn't be binding with the roommate. So everthing is worked out between my gf and the land lord. Might I remind you that the roommate works full time and gets paid $7/hour... and she has not found another roommate yet lol.

Speaking of girls with guns... every one look at the picture at the top left hand corner of this page. 3rd person from the left.... does ANYONE know her name? I think I fell in love again. I even told my girlfriend that I had a crush on thatgirl in the blue with the gun haha. She just laughed and said "In that case, you might wanna buy a bigger gun ;)" haha. Silly... absolutely silly.

protector84

imported post

Since the girlfriend was not on the lease, technically the no-guns rules did apply. Suppose it was the reverse and your girlfriend was the one on the lease and psycho-roomate was simply on the verbal agreement, she would have no leg to stand on and I would just carry on in and screw her and the cops if they come.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

protector84 wrote:
Since the girlfriend was not on the lease, technically the no-guns rules did apply. Suppose it was the reverse and your girlfriend was the one on the lease and psycho-roomate was simply on the verbal agreement, she would have no leg to stand on and I would just carry on in and screw her and the cops if they come.
Good point... 'Course the GF might'a gone ballistic on him... Then he's lookin' at a posible 'domestic violence' incident. He did the right thing... just put it away 'n stand by outside the dwelling.

rolexbenz190e

imported post

UPDATE!!!! If you read my story at the beginning of this thread, there has been an outstanding update!

My girlfriend has a niece that lives in Phoenix who is looking for a roommate, so right now she is interviewing potential roommates down in the valley. Anyways, her niece just had a girl come in for an interview who drove 130 miles to just to do this interview and she said that she knew my girlfriend. So the niece asks a few questions:

"So how do you know my Aunt?"
"I used to be her roommate"

"Ohhh.... Are you the girl who cleaned the dishes by just running them under water and then putting them back in the cabinet with out even brushing them or using soap? Wait, you are the one who called the cops on my Aunt's boyfriend for legally being armed."
"Well.... Ya, I guess thats me.... But I'm actually pretty clean now, but I still hate guns"

"Did something happen to you where you hate guns?"
"Nothing happened to me, I just hate guns. Guns are a tool of chaos"

"That disappoints me that you say that. Let me tell you a little about my self. I'm a Republican and I love my 2nd Amendment... Infact, there are about 10 guns in the room next door.... And I'm sorry, you cannot be my roommate."

And then the girl just got straight up said "Whatever..." and walked out the door! Haha! Karma is a b*tch... my girlfriend was ecstatic when her niece called her to tell her that her old roommate tried to apply as a roommate with her niece. I pretty much cracked up the whole day. Anyways, thats the update!

rolexbenz190e

imported post

Thats exactly what I said! It serves her right for hating guns.... I just think its funny that she drove all that way for a 10 second interview that made her look like a douche bag lol.

EDIT: I mean, you cant just hate gun for no reason... you at least have to have something to pick it up with.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

How can I avoid wanting to live somewhere that Karma actually works like it's supposed to on people of that sort?

I'm looking for a room to rent in the Maricopa/Casa Grande area.... ;-) Florida SUCKS.