• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Freakin' SchoolZones: I know whats up...

scorpioajr

imported post

Ok -

Im sure ill get flamed for this one but im just pissed.

The ONLY reason they enforce this stupid law about schools is because they KNOW there is a freakin' school every other city block these days. NOT to mention the Day care facilities....

Its like, "Ya - you can OC, but not near a school. Im going to put a school EVERY 1000 feet from your house to your destinations." Without fail.

Kinda like: ya its ALMOST like saying - "You can own a gun, but bullets are illegal"

....Okay, im done. go about your lives, nothing to see here.:what:

LovesHisXD45

imported post

ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
Ok -

Im sure ill get flamed for this one but im just pissed.

The ONLY reason they enforce this stupid law about schools is because they KNOW there is a freakin' school every other city block these days. NOT to mention the Day care facilities....

Its like, "Ya - you can OC, but not near a school. Im going to put a school EVERY 1000 feet from your house to your destinations." Without fail.

Kinda like: ya its ALMOST like saying - "You can own a gun, but bullets are illegal"

....Okay, im done. go about your lives, nothing to see here.:what:

:) lol When I think about this concept, I wonder how many LEOs even know about that federal law. I would say your odds of getting charged with this would be slight to none unless the cop was well-educated on it. Since most LEOs around here don't even know the state carry laws, I would say your odds are good.

I'm not saying you are going to get off the hook every time, but that should give at least some peace of mind. Just don't tell the LEO what he don't need to know.

:dude:

scorpioajr

imported post

thx997303 wrote:
Stupid piece of junk law that makes nobody safe. :banghead:

I hate these stupid laws.

ya dude, your not kidding, you and me have to deal with the same thing ( i saw you are form lehi). im from Saratoga, and WE cant legally OC to the freeways in our cars whatsoever!(Permitless, of course) So many freakin school zones.

scorpioajr

imported post

Ya - i explained that one to my bud in Springville, and his house is LITERALLY within 1000 feet of a school zone. Hes trying to tell me its not even worth OCing with out a CC.. ( im telling ya'll - thats a well-planned discouragement...

...got to have a CC to OC, i know its a broken record, but geeeeeeeeeeeeeeez.

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

What happens when you're in contempt of the Supreme Court?

This BS law was already struck down, then reenacted with some BS thing about if the gun has moved into the state.

scorpioajr

imported post

brokenarrows wrote:
c
This is strange. So you can open carry.....good for you! how you all act and post is shocking!

Strange as it is your behavior is going to cause alarm to the public. LEO will be notified and contact will be made.

I am surprised how many one this forum act like kids stealing from a cookie jar. MAY I suggest that resposible behavior will preserve the right to carry and possess handgun much more than the irresposnible dribble i have found on this and many other post/ forums.

The facts are that many LEO's and citizens do not know the laws regarding open carry.

I do not want to point fingers at just this post or topic, I just hope that no one here has an INCIDENT that gains attention in a negative way that diminishes the rights that we enjoy in the long run.

The public is mosty naive and afraid of guns. This is a result of tragedy and irresposibility.

DONT ADD TO IT!
Huh??

LovesHisXD45

imported post

ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
brokenarrows wrote:
c
This is strange. So you can open carry.....good for you! how you all act and post is shocking!

Strange as it is your behavior is going to cause alarm to the public. LEO will be notified and contact will be made.

I am surprised how many one this forum act like kids stealing from a cookie jar. MAY I suggest that resposible behavior will preserve the right to carry and possess handgun much more than the irresposnible dribble i have found on this and many other post/ forums.

The facts are that many LEO's and citizens do not know the laws regarding open carry.

I do not want to point fingers at just this post or topic, I just hope that no one here has an INCIDENT that gains attention in a negative way that diminishes the rights that we enjoy in the long run.

The public is mosty naive and afraid of guns. This is a result of tragedy and irresposibility.

DONT ADD TO IT!
Huh??
Yeah.I don't know where in the world that came from either. Methinks the forum is under attack, figuratively speaking of course. I also say this in a humorous tone as to not bring down the axe of negativity from any troll that might be wandering around.

Kevin

mazellan819

imported post

IANAL but just a tid bit, local law enforcement does not enforce federal law. If they were to do anything they would have to call in the feds to enforce federal law. However, Utah law tends to mirror many federal laws so local law enforcement would arrest you on utah charges. So it would be likely that the local law enforcement would not be aware of the "locked box" federal requirement.

Just my 1 cent. (cant afford 2)