Thread: OCing in williamsburg

Formerly Kwajalein atoll, and Iraq. Now Zuni Va

Post imported post

Im headed to williamsburg(not the colonial part) & JCC tomarrow.Will be OCing.Has anyone had any experiences there.I wana test the waters there.
    FREEDOM ISNT FREE. BUT THE UNITED STATES MARINES ARE MORE THAN WILLING TO PAY YOUR SHARE!!

Post imported post

1000ydshooter wrote:
    Im headed to williamsburg(not the colonial part) & JCC tomarrow.Will be OCing.Has anyone had any experiences there.I wana test the waters there.
    I've OC'd in the area of W&M, but not on campus, and in the government center, the public library, and the W'msburg police station. Lots of , :X, :?, :shock:, and :what:from citizens in and out of uniform, but not a peep was said to me. That may have had something to do with what I was wearing (did you know that some folks think the VCDL patch on the polo shirt looks like a badge?) as much as it did my acting as if there was nothing to be concerned about.

Looking forward to your report. Remember to slather on the sun screen - it's gonna be a hot one.

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

skidmark wrote:
    1000ydshooter wrote:
    I've OC'd in the area of W&M, but not on campus, and in the government center, the public library, and the W'msburg police station. Lots of , :X, :?, :shock:, and :what:from citizens in and out of uniform, but not a peep was said to me. That may have had something to do with what I was wearing (did you know that some folks think the VCDL patch on the polo shirt looks like a badge?) as much as it did my acting as if there was nothing to be concerned about.

Looking forward to your report. Remember to slather on the sun screen - it's gonna be a hot one.

stay safe.

skidmark
    Do you think the looks could be due to the fact that Williamsburg is a national treasure and many of those folks could be non-Virginians and therefore not accustomed to a gun-friendly state? Kinda funny when you think of Williamsburg as being one the primary centers of American liberty.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

I OC'd there at the outlet malls last year right around Thanksgiving with the wife and kids. The place was packed. I got a couple of stares, and a thumbs-up from a big burly biker looking dude, but no trouble.

I've also eaten at Red Hot and Blue (BBQ joint), Olive Garden, and Shackleford's (really good place to eat, btw) all without incident.

Wife's mom lives there so we're in the area at least once a month.

Post imported post

Just remember that the Colonial Parkway is a National Park property.

I was there recently, OC'd at my hotel (Days Inn), a Wendys, and at Pierce's BBQ (Packed with tourists in condition white, totally oblivious).

Founder's Club Member OC-Glock19's Avatar

Post imported post

1000ydshooter wrote:
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...mp;forum_id=54

Check out the 4th post by TEX1N.

Post imported post

I've read that story before. It is just too cool. Every time it pops back up I have a nearly overwhelming urge to jump in the car and take a trip to CW.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

HI YA"LL!!

Update on OCing in Williamsburg. Peking restaraunt at k-mart shopping center on rt60,7-11 at intersection of 199 and jamestown rd, No problems.Did get nice piece from cute waitress.:celebrate
    FREEDOM ISNT FREE. BUT THE UNITED STATES MARINES ARE MORE THAN WILLING TO PAY YOUR SHARE!!

Post imported post

Sorry I didn't see this topic sooner. I live in the Williamsburg area and open carry fairly often. I've never had a problem in the area at any of the restaurants or in any of the stores.

Since you mentioned going to Peking, that's actually one of the restaurants that my wife and I used to frequent (hard to visit there now that we're both on a diet). We would go almost every week and as such the owner got to know us. He actually came over once and told me that since they have a lot of tourists, that when I've been in there he gets called over sometimes by people who are concerned. He said he just tells them that I come in there all the time and it's fine. Peking is definitely a great restaurant and should be visited whenever you come to Williamsburg

Post imported post

I was with the Sheriff's Office there in a previous life. You shouldn't have any problems.
    Bitka Sve Rešava!
    B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

Post imported post

1000ydshooter wrote:
    Did get nice piece from cute waitress.:celebrate
    AHEM

Inquiring minds, etc.

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

OOOPS!! Sorry didnt realize how that sounded.Got "nice peace" comment from cute waitress.Refering to my glock.Sorry !!

Post imported post

1000ydshooter wrote:
    OOOPS!! Sorry didnt realize how that sounded.Got "nice peace" comment from cute waitress.Refering to my glock.Sorry !!
    lol you had the right word/spelling the first time....you just left out the quotes and part about it being a comment from the waitress...however i was hoping for the story about getting a nice piece from the waitress

Post imported post

Speaking of Williamsburg can one OC to the Colonial area. Been their with the wife and kids and looking to go back in Sep. Just not sure if its ok in the historic settlement/ tourist area.
    AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011
    TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011-?
    Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy
    Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Post imported post

Bullbuster wrote:
    Speaking of Williamsburg can one OC to the Colonial area. Been their with the wife and kids and looking to go back in Sep. Just not sure if its ok in the historic settlement/ tourist area.
    As previously posted:

That ought to be taught in every history/civics class in the country.

stay safe.

skidmark

----Allahpundit

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

mellman wrote:
    1000ydshooter wrote:
    lol you had the right word/spelling the first time....you just left out the quotes and part about it being a comment from the waitress...however i was hoping for the story about getting a nice piece from the waitress
    This isnt really appropriate conversation for our forum and our mission. Next thing ya know, we'll all be dining at Hooters.

James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:
    mellman wrote:
    1000ydshooter wrote:
    This isnt really appropriate conversation for our forum and our mission. Next thing ya know, we'll all be dining at Hooters.

Really?? Is this really coming from the guy who was first to go "oooh....oooh...me...too...save me a seat" in the chantilly gun show thread when told of a lunch there during the show. Though I supposeone could see the difference between an informal lunch invite and an organized Open Carry Dine-Out it is nice to see you're learning how to be an adult.

It's also nice to know thatour residentfirearms instructor is such a mature responsible individual that he would be above offeringpetty snide comments in response to a discussion that is now a month old.

So run along now, be a good little boy,and do some more free advertising on Mike and John's dime.

Joe

Post imported post

67GT390FB wrote:
    Really?? [and a bunch more.]
    Nicely played, sir. Nicely played, indeed.

stay safe.

skidmark

----Allahpundit

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

skidmark wrote:
    67GT390FB wrote:
    Really?? [and a bunch more.]
    Nicely played, sir. Nicely played, indeed.

stay safe.

skidmark
    Tennis anyone? :quirky

Have OCd throughout Williamsburg, the Colonial section and walking across campus. It was 2-3 years ago but we experienced no problems whatsoever.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

skidmark wrote:
    Bullbuster wrote:
    As previously posted:

That ought to be taught in every history/civics class in the country.

stay safe.

skidmark

With a big I'd have to say I'll be strutting the streets in protest of the king and queen.
    AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011
    TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011-?
    Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy
    Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

67GT390FB wrote:
    ProShooter wrote:
    mellman wrote:
    1000ydshooter wrote:

Really?? Is this really coming from the guy who was first to go "oooh....oooh...me...too...save me a seat" in the chantilly gun show thread when told of a lunch there during the show. Though I supposeone could see the difference between an informal lunch invite and an organized Open Carry Dine-Out it is nice to see you're learning how to be an adult.

It's also nice to know thatour residentfirearms instructor is such a mature responsible individual that he would be above offeringpetty snide comments in response to a discussion that is now a month old.

So run along now, be a good little boy,and do some more free advertising on Mike and John's dime.

Joe

Joe,

Obviously my attempt atmaking a joke regarding the "piece/peace" comment was not as funny to you as it was to me. To each his own. As for the Chantilly lunch mention, I would have thoroughly enjoyed joining that group. I had originally intended to find out more about the lunch since I was going to the show alone but a friend ended up joining me and we had just enough time for the show. If anyone extends an invitation to dine anywhere in the future, I'll be happy to consider that and see if it fits my schedule.

As for the "free advertising" that you seem to be offended by...well, that's life. This site is, no pun intended, naturally a target audience for my business. Obviously, I do not come here solely to post about our classes. I could have a simple computer program do that for me if that's all I wished to get from this site.What you dont see, is that in addition to the "free advertising" that I occasionally enjoy, I also try to give back in other ways. I have been contacted bya number of people from here and asked questions about everything from the Code of Virginia to shooting techniques, etc. I could easily tell someone to sign up for a class or take a shooting lesson and pay me, but I feel that answering these questions is my way of giving back to the membership here for what I am happy to be a part of. I'll talk firearms or whatever all day long with folks who take a serious interest in the subject matter.

James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Where, you, the Government, sends me, , Germany

Post imported post

That is not a problem, I OC'd all the time at the Hooters in Williamsburg. Never an issue.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:
    67GT390FB wrote:
    ProShooter wrote:
    mellman wrote:
    1000ydshooter wrote:

Joe
    Joe,

Obviously my attempt atmaking a joke regarding the "piece/peace" comment was not as funny to you as it was to me. To each his own. As for the Chantilly lunch mention, I would have thoroughly enjoyed joining that group. I had originally intended to find out more about the lunch since I was going to the show alone but a friend ended up joining me and we had just enough time for the show. If anyone extends an invitation to dine anywhere in the future, I'll be happy to consider that and see if it fits my schedule.

As for the "free advertising" that you seem to be offended by...well, that's life. This site is, no pun intended, naturally a target audience for my business. Obviously, I do not come here solely to post about our classes. I could have a simple computer program do that for me if that's all I wished to get from this site.What you dont see, is that in addition to the "free advertising" that I occasionally enjoy, I also try to give back in other ways. I have been contacted bya number of people from here and asked questions about everything from the Code of Virginia to shooting techniques, etc. I could easily tell someone to sign up for a class or take a shooting lesson and pay me, but I feel that answering these questions is my way of giving back to the membership here for what I am happy to be a part of. I'll talk firearms or whatever all day long with folks who take a serious interest in the subject matter.
    ProShooter - Obviously your attempt and that of others to introduce sexual innuendo
    is not acceptable to many here. No rant regarding our all being adults (we are not) nor other superfluous retorts pertaining to exiguously clad servers is appropriate. We are an extremely public site and have been told by the owners/moderators to be cognizant of this at all times. I think that the reason you have been slammed so hard in the past for such transgressions is that you did not take the gentler hint but persisted in declaring your innocence.

As for "free advertising" - a large number of posters here have a natural "target" audience for their products and services but in a vast majority of such cases you are not even aware of that condition - they take the high road and do not "advertise." Some of them sell, service or manufacture weapons. Other professions represented include doctors, lawyers, contractors, apparel sales - all of which could be directly related to our purpose. In this case it is not if, but how, the self endorsement is made.

Give notice of a class or special insider knowledge - great. "Give back to the membership" is why we all post - it's called sharing. Repetitiously offering for our consumption your lofty position and superior knowledge as an instructor will illicite a gag reflex in some. I appreciate that you have taken a step back in certain cases - it benefits us all.

Who amoung us would not talk firearms or related all day long with folks who take a serious interest in the subject matter?

BTW - I am as guilty as you in being seriously off thread on this. Hope that you will accept this in the manner intended.

Yata hey

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:

Joe,

Obviously my attempt atmaking a joke regarding the "piece/peace" comment was not as funny to you as it was to me.
    ManI've got to call bs on this one. I mean I'd give you the joke thing the first timeI saw you post something similar andI actually did over in the unicorn thread. But then you go at it again on this one. So don't make excuses or maybe it's just that your not as funny as you think you are....could be.
    I'm not "offended" byyour advertisingany more than I'm "offended" by Hooters, a fellow gun owner would have to do some serious stuff for me to be "offended". However it's not too hard for something that is not "offensive" to be found as tacky and classless and I think that is where we differ...that's life too.

For a textbook example, Philip van Cleave "VCDL President", on here teaches a Utah Class. Great class by the way and costs the same as yours just smaller groups. I would say he contributes a vast amount of his time "giving back" to this site and gun owners, wouldn't you? Do you see him announcing a Utah Class every time he has one? Juxtapose their contribution to paying back verus your own before thinking oneself entitled to "free advertising".

Contribute as you already do, have fun as you already do , put your website info in your signature line thats fine too, but cool it on the blatant advertising no matter how much you "give back". Give freely and it will come back to you.