• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCing in williamsburg

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

67GT390FB wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
mellman wrote:
1000ydshooter wrote:
OOOPS!! Sorry didnt realize how that sounded.Got "nice peace" comment from cute waitress.Refering to my glock.Sorry !!:uhoh:
lol you had the right word/spelling the first time....you just left out the quotes and part about it being a comment from the waitress...however i was hoping for the story about getting a nice piece from the waitress ;)

This isnt really appropriate conversation for our forum and our mission. Next thing ya know, we'll all be dining at Hooters.

:)

Really?? Is this really coming from the guy who was first to go "oooh....oooh...me...too...save me a seat" in the chantilly gun show thread when told of a lunch there during the show. Though I supposeone could see the difference between an informal lunch invite and an organized Open Carry Dine-Out it is nice to see you're learning how to be an adult.

It's also nice to know thatour residentfirearms instructor is such a mature responsible individual that he would be above offeringpetty snide comments in response to a discussion that is now a month old.

So run along now, be a good little boy,and do some more free advertising on Mike and John's dime.

Joe

Joe,

Obviously my attempt atmaking a joke regarding the "piece/peace" comment was not as funny to you as it was to me. To each his own. As for the Chantilly lunch mention, I would have thoroughly enjoyed joining that group. I had originally intended to find out more about the lunch since I was going to the show alone but a friend ended up joining me and we had just enough time for the show. If anyone extends an invitation to dine anywhere in the future, I'll be happy to consider that and see if it fits my schedule.

As for the "free advertising" that you seem to be offended by...well, that's life. This site is, no pun intended, naturally a target audience for my business. Obviously, I do not come here solely to post about our classes. I could have a simple computer program do that for me if that's all I wished to get from this site.What you dont see, is that in addition to the "free advertising" that I occasionally enjoy, I also try to give back in other ways. I have been contacted bya number of people from here and asked questions about everything from the Code of Virginia to shooting techniques, etc. I could easily tell someone to sign up for a class or take a shooting lesson and pay me, but I feel that answering these questions is my way of giving back to the membership here for what I am happy to be a part of. I'll talk firearms or whatever all day long with folks who take a serious interest in the subject matter.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
67GT390FB wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
mellman wrote:
1000ydshooter wrote:
OOOPS!! Sorry didnt realize how that sounded.Got "nice peace" comment from cute waitress.Refering to my glock.Sorry !!:uhoh:
lol you had the right word/spelling the first time....you just left out the quotes and part about it being a comment from the waitress...however i was hoping for the story about getting a nice piece from the waitress ;)
This isnt really appropriate conversation for our forum and our mission. Next thing ya know, we'll all be dining at Hooters.
:)
Really?? Is this really coming from the guy who was first to go "oooh....oooh...me...too...save me a seat" in the chantilly gun show thread when told of a lunch there during the show. Though I supposeone could see the difference between an informal lunch invite and an organized Open Carry Dine-Out it is nice to see you're learning how to be an adult.

It's also nice to know thatour residentfirearms instructor is such a mature responsible individual that he would be above offeringpetty snide comments in response to a discussion that is now a month old.

So run along now, be a good little boy,and do some more free advertising on Mike and John's dime.

Joe
Joe,

Obviously my attempt atmaking a joke regarding the "piece/peace" comment was not as funny to you as it was to me. To each his own. As for the Chantilly lunch mention, I would have thoroughly enjoyed joining that group. I had originally intended to find out more about the lunch since I was going to the show alone but a friend ended up joining me and we had just enough time for the show. If anyone extends an invitation to dine anywhere in the future, I'll be happy to consider that and see if it fits my schedule.

As for the "free advertising" that you seem to be offended by...well, that's life. This site is, no pun intended, naturally a target audience for my business. Obviously, I do not come here solely to post about our classes. I could have a simple computer program do that for me if that's all I wished to get from this site.What you dont see, is that in addition to the "free advertising" that I occasionally enjoy, I also try to give back in other ways. I have been contacted bya number of people from here and asked questions about everything from the Code of Virginia to shooting techniques, etc. I could easily tell someone to sign up for a class or take a shooting lesson and pay me, but I feel that answering these questions is my way of giving back to the membership here for what I am happy to be a part of. I'll talk firearms or whatever all day long with folks who take a serious interest in the subject matter.
ProShooter - Obviously your attempt and that of others to introduce sexual innuendo
is not acceptable to many here. No rant regarding our all being adults (we are not) nor other superfluous retorts pertaining to exiguously clad servers is appropriate. We are an extremely public site and have been told by the owners/moderators to be cognizant of this at all times. I think that the reason you have been slammed so hard in the past for such transgressions is that you did not take the gentler hint but persisted in declaring your innocence.

As for "free advertising" - a large number of posters here have a natural "target" audience for their products and services but in a vast majority of such cases you are not even aware of that condition - they take the high road and do not "advertise." Some of them sell, service or manufacture weapons. Other professions represented include doctors, lawyers, contractors, apparel sales - all of which could be directly related to our purpose. In this case it is not if, but how, the self endorsement is made.

Give notice of a class or special insider knowledge - great. "Give back to the membership" is why we all post - it's called sharing. Repetitiously offering for our consumption your lofty position and superior knowledge as an instructor will illicite a gag reflex in some. I appreciate that you have taken a step back in certain cases - it benefits us all.

Who amoung us would not talk firearms or related all day long with folks who take a serious interest in the subject matter?

BTW - I am as guilty as you in being seriously off thread on this. Hope that you will accept this in the manner intended.

Yata hey

67GT390FB

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
Joe,

Obviously my attempt atmaking a joke regarding the "piece/peace" comment was not as funny to you as it was to me.
ManI've got to call bs on this one. I mean I'd give you the joke thing the first timeI saw you post something similar andI actually did over in the unicorn thread. But then you go at it again on this one. So don't make excuses or maybe it's just that your not as funny as you think you are....could be.

I'm not "offended" byyour advertisingany more than I'm "offended" by Hooters, a fellow gun owner would have to do some serious stuff for me to be "offended". However it's not too hard for something that is not "offensive" to be found as tacky and classless and I think that is where we differ...that's life too.

For a textbook example, Philip van Cleave "VCDL President", on here teaches a Utah Class. Great class by the way and costs the same as yours just smaller groups. I would say he contributes a vast amount of his time "giving back" to this site and gun owners, wouldn't you? Do you see him announcing a Utah Class every time he has one? Juxtapose their contribution to paying back verus your own before thinking oneself entitled to "free advertising".

Contribute as you already do, have fun as you already do , put your website info in your signature line thats fine too, but cool it on the blatant advertising no matter how much you "give back". Give freely and it will come back to you.