• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Rights Restoration Petition for Arkansas Now Online!

AbNo

imported post

Just got an email back from my family.

"I'd never even heard of this petition, Shawn. But now I'm number .... Dad"

:D

Either way, it's up to 121, which includes removed names (like mine).

Chickenwang

imported post

The Arkansas petition is growing but at a dilatory rate. As previously stated Arkansas residents need to coordinate and execute flier distributions at as many gun shows as possible. I am confident that there are enough members in central, NW and NE Arkansas to triple the petition total in no time. I haven’t found any members (listed as being) located in southern Arkansas but if we do the work here in the northern parts they will come. I have noticed that at least 30 Arkansas fliers have been downloaded but I personally don’t feel like the number of signatures reflects their dispersal. Here is what I have planned to do myself. This is a list of gun shows I expect to attend in the near future.

Sep 13-14 Salem, Fulton County Fairgrounds *Possible but less than likely

Oct 4-5 Melbourne, NC AR Dist. Fairgrounds *Most likely

Oct 25-26 Paragould, Greene County Fairgrounds *Definitely

Nov 28-30 Jonesboro, Craighead Co. Fairgrounds *Definitely

Gun show lists can be found here: www.gunshows-usa.com/

Anyone who would like to join me is more than welcome. If you will just contact me so we can get a plan together that would be great. As I have said before we don’t lack supporters, we lack activist. I have the good fortune to be able to use the copier at my work place for black and white fliers, as long as I don’t get excessive. Color copies are a different story. I’m just like the majority of you, money is tight and we do what we can. If I have to hand out a few black and whites at the events, it still beats none at all.

I will continue to search the web for gun shops and ranges across Arkansas to email these fliers to. I have got all of the (few) gun shops in Jonesboro covered, along with 30% of the ranges. Cmatthews40510 has posted links in the Arkansas Concealed Carry Association forums (as well as others) which is a great help. Now I would like to call on any members of U.S. Concealed Carry Association (regardless of state) to post fliers or links to fliers on their forums. The CC crowd is an invaluable group that needs to be reached out to.

The last suggestion I will throw out there is T-shirts. I have mentioned this before but I think it is worth mentioning again. If each Arkansan (and any other “an”) would dole out the few bucks it would take to have a T-shirt made that exclaimed “opencarry.org” it would get people talking and looking. The open carry store has some great items as well. I even printed out a large window decal for my car. Let’s be reasonably creative and get this fire started. Many thanks to all the contributors and our host for ever thing they have done and continue to do.

Chickenwang

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

You guys in Arkansas seem to be makin' some headway - 444 signatures. How have your residents been spreadin' the petition? Gun shows? Gun shops? Internet lists?

Chickenwang

imported post

Mike wrote:
You guys in Arkansas seem to be makin' some headway - 444 signatures. How have your residents been spreadin' the petition? Gun shows? Gun shops? Internet lists?

Well Mike I keep a folder of fliers in my truck so I always have one. I have passed out several to individuals and business alike. With it being hunting season I try find people in camo and ask them how their hunts are going as an ice breaker. It usually leads to a nice enlightening chat. I wasn’t able to attend the Melbourne gun show as I had hoped but am looking forward to the Paragould and Jonesboro shows. It just kills me they are almost one and two months away. I have done so many searches for gun friendly venues it’s not even funny. Every site that produces an email gets one of my mailers. I surprise myself a few times a week coming up with new finds. We just have to keep shakin’ the bushes and climbin’ the trees.

Chickenwang

imported post

Mike wrote:

Where are all my Arkansans? You want to open carry just like me, so show your efforts. You makin’ ‘Wang feel like he’s in this alone. Our numbers are growing, let’s get this thing in high gear! Everywhere I turn I’m told it will never happen. The earth was flat at one time to right. Lets show these people we want our right restored!

Chickenwang

imported post

The Arkansas petition has now surpassed 500 signatures! While we are making progress we need to do more and some just need to do something. Evey effort counts. My local gun range is putting on a pistol shoot the 25th of this monthfor an MDA fund raiser. I will be going out there to talk to people and pass out fliers. I have one up at the range but I'm not going to chance it being over looked in all the hustle and bustle.

RU98A

Campaign Veteran
imported post

There is a gun show scheduled for Dec 20,21 in Mammoth Spring also oneinHardy Nov 1&2.Might be a good chance for some signatures to be collected.

Edited to add dates for the Hardy show.

Chickenwang

imported post

I went to the Paragould gun show today. The turnout was about what one would expect for a small town. I would say there was about 35 tables (12 or so vendors) and around 100 patrons. I got fliers on all but 2 vendor’s tables. Which that’s ok, when someone is at one of those tables they can see it on the next mans table. I got to talk to several people on the matter and even bumped into a lady whom had already signed. I was not permitted to flier cars. He did however let me leave a stack of fliers at the pay/entry table.