• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Rights Restoration Petition for Arkansas Now Online!

Chickenwang

imported post

Mike my holiday travels knocked me out of attending the Jonesboro gun show. Whenever I go somewhere (eat or shop) and park in a parking lot I try to flier one or two cars on my way in to the establishment. A few times a week I try to search for gun related news stories so I can write letters to the editors. I do have a lead for one letter just as soon as the news paper publishes more details about the ongoing investigation. I haven’t had the time to do as much as I would like, but I’m finding success in doses. As far as interviews are concerned my first was my last.

With Texas coming on strong and the work I have been able to do I hope January brings our 1000[suP]th[/suP] signature. That would be a good time for another news release and surge in signatures.

I would like to take a second to call on any and all Arkansas residents to get out and flier something. A lot of the gun shows are held in central Arkansas and I’m not always able to attend. If a gun show comes to your town please go. I personally don’t care if you hand out post-it notes with opencarry.org scribbled in crayon outside a gun show venue. The fact is we need more participation from our local residents.

Chickenwang

imported post

The numbers are coming up gradually in Arkansas. We are nearing 1,000 and needing your support. Get the word out about all of our petitions via email and fliers. We thank all of you for your support and generosity to all of OCDO’s causes. They are doing great things for freedom. Look for more updates on the Arkansas front in the near future.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Bump - are you AR guys ready to form a small working group to get the OC effort moving? Do you think we can raise a few thousand $ for radio ads?

Chickenwang

imported post

Arkansas Petition reaches 800 signatures today! I have been in touch with Arkansas state reps and senators which is showing some positive signs but there is still lots of work to be done. If you would like to be a part of a working group in Ar. as Mike just spoke about please contact me via a private message.

KBCraig

imported post

I know that 794 & 795 were a result of a post I made to a gun collector list. I'm in Texas, but I'm working on all my Arkiesaw connections.

Chickenwang

imported post

Thanks to a big boost in media coverage and legislative contacts the petition has reached 1069 signatures. This month we doubled the total of our previous largest month of 170 signatures; Making this the petitions best month yet. Arkansas has been hit with some bad weather and has alot of people out of power and internet the past few days. Lets just keep up the good work and be persistant, things on the inside are looking pretty good gang.