• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Local Retailer Engagement in the OC Movement

DanM

imported post

What are the merits of the following?

Prior to an OC get-together, ask local gun retailers if they are interested in sponsoring, or at least contributing to, the costs of the get-together (park fees, food, etc.). They profit from gun-owners, and here's theirchance to support the most visible ones, and perhaps gain some new customers for their particular place of business.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

DanM wrote:
What are the merits of the following?

Prior to an OC get-together, ask local gun retailers if they are interested in sponsoring, or at least contributing to, the costs of the get-together (park fees, food, etc.). They profit from gun-owners, and here's theirchance to support the most visible ones, and perhaps gain some new customers for their particular place of business.
Always worth a try. Some gun store owners are against OC though. Not all Doug and I were at the Hasting OC and of course had to stop at Bob's gun and tackle. We talked with some staff and they are OK with OCin the store. They do ask if you want to remove the gun from the holster that you unload it outside before you do. Guess they have had some ADs