Thread: Fastest gun draw ever - 0.02 secs [Bob Munden]

Post imported post

Post imported post

He is truly an incredible shootist.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Some years ago (not too many), we used to get "The American Shooter" on our local cable system. Several famous shootists were featured each week along with new products info, featurettes, and assorted stuff. Bob Munden was a regular and his segment was always the final one of the show. He was truly amazing!

I remember one such segment where they timed three shots fired from a 1911 and Bob's chosen single action .45 revolver. The did this in split screen mode and showed it several times in normal speed and slow motion. The 1911 shooter managed three shots in 0.2 seconds while Bob managed three shots from a single action revolver in 0.16 seconds.

He would also shoot aspirins out of the air which he threw up himself.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

I have enough trouble hitting 4" clay disks with a shotgun. There is no way I could hit an aspirin with a pistol. Put how cool would it to go skeet shooting with him using his pistol.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    I have enough trouble hitting 4" clay disks with a shotgun. There is no way I could hit an aspirin with a pistol. Put how cool would it to go skeet shooting with him using his pistol.
    I don't recall him shooting aspirins thrown into the air with a pistol. Every time I remember seeing him do this, it was with a single action .45 revolver.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

Sorry - meant to write handgun. But yes, with his revolver.