• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fastest gun draw ever - 0.02 secs [Bob Munden]

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Some years ago (not too many), we used to get "The American Shooter" on our local cable system. Several famous shootists were featured each week along with new products info, featurettes, and assorted stuff. Bob Munden was a regular and his segment was always the final one of the show. He was truly amazing!

I remember one such segment where they timed three shots fired from a 1911 and Bob's chosen single action .45 revolver. The did this in split screen mode and showed it several times in normal speed and slow motion. The 1911 shooter managed three shots in 0.2 seconds while Bob managed three shots from a single action revolver in 0.16 seconds.

He would also shoot aspirins out of the air which he threw up himself.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I have enough trouble hitting 4" clay disks with a shotgun. There is no way I could hit an aspirin with a pistol. Put how cool would it to go skeet shooting with him using his pistol.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

deepdiver wrote:
I have enough trouble hitting 4" clay disks with a shotgun. There is no way I could hit an aspirin with a pistol. Put how cool would it to go skeet shooting with him using his pistol.
I don't recall him shooting aspirins thrown into the air with a pistol. Every time I remember seeing him do this, it was with a single action .45 revolver.