• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man Shoots his lawn mower

Thundar

imported post

Man shoots his lawn mower, police say
MILWAUKEE, Wisconsin (AP) [/b]-- A 56-year-old Milwaukee man is accused of shooting his lawn mower because it wouldn't start.

art.mower.ap.jpg

Keith Walendowski told police he felt he had a right to shoot his mower.

corner_wire_BL.gif
Keith Walendowski has been charged with felony possession of a short-barreled shotgun or rifle and misdemeanor disorderly conduct while armed.
According to the criminal complaint, Walendowski says he was angry because his Lawn Boy wouldn't start Wednesday morning.

He told police: "I can do that, it's my lawn mower and my yard so I can shoot it if I want."

A woman who lives at Walendowski's house reported the incident. She says he was intoxicated.

Walendowski could face up to an $11,000 fine and six years and three months in prison if convicted.

A call to Walendowski's home went unanswered

Link: http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/07/25/mower.madness.ap/index.html?eref=ib_topstories

Another tale of guns and booze just don't mix.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Or of making 'us' look bad. And another DC charge. So much for curtilage and 'castle doctrine'.

Henceforth; A man's home is his castle provided he acts responsibly! S/ The Tyrant

Doug,

The law is the law - at least until you move to Wisconsin and change it.

As much as I think the RKBA ought to be unrestricted, it aint there yet. Till then, we either obey the law while working to have it changed or we suffer the consequences of violating the law. Or we whine and whinge about how unfair things are but do nothing else (not directed at you, Doug).

And regarding a man's home being his castle - if this guy had built up proper walls and brought up his wenches to fear him this whole thing would never have come to our attention. [/sarcasm - smiley will not do here]

stay safe.

skidmark

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

If he was in city limits he didn't have the "right" to shoot his lawn mower because it potentially fatally endangered other people. If he was out in the country no big deal. People shoot up/blow up stuff like that all the time in unincorporated areas.

Alcohol is just an excuse for this. The guy obviously has issues. Unfortunately he manifested his issues with a firearm which ticks me off because we again will face the broad brush of irresponsibility charges.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Once again, everyone is jumping to conclusions.....
How do we know the lawnmower wasn't playing dead to lure him closer
so it could chop him up.:idea:

More than likely it is a case of "gas rage" Eight bucks for tank of gas, 30 cents
shotgun shell, hmmm...

Can't wait for the new line of John Deer superbowl commercials from this one.
Maybe have a 100mph honda prious running in background.

The news down here are asking why carry while mowing grass, but
network news said he went in to get shotgun. One must be wrong.
(Imagine reporting on guns and not giving facts, nahhh!)

Around here the lawn mower is a vehicle, and can get you busted like a car,
would love to see the results of a refusal to take a breathalizer test when
you don't need the licence for it though.

Decoligny

imported post

SlackwareRobert wrote:
Once again, everyone is jumping to conclusions.....
How do we know the lawnmower wasn't playing dead to lure him closer
so it could chop him up.:idea:

More than likely it is a case of "gas rage" Eight bucks for tank of gas, 30 cents
shotgun shell, hmmm...

Can't wait for the new line of John Deer superbowl commercials from this one.
Maybe have a 100mph honda prious running in background.

The news down here are asking why carry while mowing grass, but
network news said he went in to get shotgun. One must be wrong.
(Imagine reporting on guns and not giving facts, nahhh!)

Around here the lawn mower is a vehicle, and can get you busted like a car,
would love to see the results of a refusal to take a breathalizer test when
you don't need the licence for it though.

So could they bust you if you have a few beers and start in on the lawn with this baby?

Push-Mower-16-Inch.jpg

Dr.Coy

imported post

hahahaha. wow. this country is UNBELIEVABLE sometimes.

#1- this account is HILARIOUS

#2- give the dude a hefty fine... but dont throw him in jail (a bit overboard)

#3- so now America's justice system has become so sorry and pathetic we are throwing people in jail because they SHOT their lawn mower

a) not only is this wasting useful space in the prison, its wasted tax dollars!!!

b) um, im on property i purchased, shooting a gun i purchased along with ammo, the object i am shooting i paid for and paid sales taxes... so in the longrun my taxes are throwing me in the slammer

c) definitely not smart to shoot a gun in an area as a neighborhood, but man come on not jailtime... maybe like a week or something and a fine... but YEARS???

#3 cont. - .....so now America's justice system has become so sorry and pathetic we are throwing people in jail because they SHOT their lawn mower, but you can kill two people in cold blood, run from 50 squad cars on a major interstate WHILE being video taped by national news and go free because "THE GLOVE DONT FIT"

i give up... WAIT NO...

wait...

wait for it...

NOW!!!

now i give up.