Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 52

Thread: I finally joined VCDL! ('bout time, eh)

  1. #1
    Regular Member SouthernBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    5,849

    Post imported post

    Yep, about time I would say. This is an organization that has clearly been at the forefront of protecting and projecting Virginians' rights. The fact that their efforts have been recognized all over the nation doesn't hurt their reputation either, and just means they are doing things right.

    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

    America First!

  2. #2
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682

    Post imported post

    SouthernBoy wrote:
    Yep, about time I would say. This is an organization that has clearly been at the forefront of protecting and projecting Virginians' rights. The fact that their efforts have been recognized all over the nation doesn't either, and just means they are doing things right.
    Way to Go:celebrate

    Yes, it was about time. Now go out and recruit at least one more member.

    There are 130K+ CHPs, something like 200K+ hunting permits of various & sundry sorts, and only between 5,000 and 7,000 members of VCDL?

    stay safe.

    skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Virginia USA, ,
    Posts
    1,688

    Post imported post

    skidmark wrote:
    SouthernBoy wrote:
    Yep, about time I would say. This is an organization that has clearly been at the forefront of protecting and projecting Virginians' rights. The fact that their efforts have been recognized all over the nation doesn't either, and just means they are doing things right.
    Way to Go:celebrate

    Yes, it was about time. Now go out and recruit at least one more member.

    There are 130K+ CHPs, something like 200K+ hunting permits of various & sundry sorts, and only between 5,000 and 7,000 members of VCDL?

    stay safe.

    skidmark
    We really need to kickoff a campaign to DOUBLE that number in a year.

  4. #4
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682

    Post imported post

    hsmith wrote:
    skidmark wrote:
    SouthernBoy wrote:
    Yep, about time I would say. This is an organization that has clearly been at the forefront of protecting and projecting Virginians' rights. The fact that their efforts have been recognized all over the nation doesn't either, and just means they are doing things right.
    Way to Go:celebrate

    Yes, it was about time. Now go out and recruit at least one more member.

    There are 130K+ CHPs, something like 200K+ hunting permits of various & sundry sorts, and only between 5,000 and 7,000 members of VCDL?

    stay safe.

    skidmark
    We really need to kickoff a campaign to DOUBLE that number in a year.
    I think you just did.

    I keep setting out bait at the gunshows, as well as carrying around membership brochures and "GUNS SAVE LIVES" pins to give away to folks who ask about OC-ing, as well as the business cards I had printed up on OC law. It takes some work, but I'm trying to hit the one-a-month mark, sort of in keeping with the one-gun-a-month law (Man, that one is getting expensive).

    stay safe.

    skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  5. #5
    Regular Member Bulldog1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    447

    Post imported post

    There is definitely strength in numbers.

    It is remarkeable that VCDL has such strong grassroots power in Richmond, especially since we are so small.

    Imagine if only 1/4 of all CCW holders were in VCDL, and were ACTIVE.

    THAT would ROCK!

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Posts
    3,806

    Post imported post

    Yes well, you know, Bulldog, as more and more people get fed up with non-working bureaucratic attempts to stop crime, they are going to start being more likely to become more proactive on defense.

    Or at least less lackadaisical.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

  7. #7
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682

    Post imported post

    I had a great time at the Sterling OC Dinner last night http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/13221.html. I'm looking forward to lunch today tofind out how good my meal was.

    I gave away a few "GUNS SAVE LIVES" buttons and VCDL applications - including to a fellow from Maryland who was very eager to joing VCDL. The VCDL KIt that I got at the Newport News picnic has come in handy several times since I got it - neat plastic box stuffed with VCDL brochures, buttons, and some other things I added in just the right size to drop into either a back pocket or vest.

    There are more opportunities outside gun shows to recruit members than at the shows. Get active - bring in 1 new member a year during 2008, then 1 a month during 2009, and then 1 a week in ....

    OK, I'm going to calm down. Let's stick with Each One Bring One on a yearly basis.

    stay safe.

    skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  8. #8
    Campaign Veteran pourshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Stafford, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    405

    Post imported post

    skidmark wrote:
    Yes, it was about time. Now go out and recruit at least one more member.

    I think the best I ever did was get 76 signatures for the VA alert in 3.5 hours. I had to stop because I lost my voice. Well, almost....

    That is my recruiting method because for every 2 people we get to sign up for VA alert 1 will become a member within 2 years.



  9. #9
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682

    Post imported post

    pourshot wrote:
    skidmark wrote:
    Yes, it was about time. Now go out and recruit at least one more member.

    I think the best I ever did was get 76 signatures for the VA alert in 3.5 hours. I had to stop because I lost my voice. Well, almost....

    That is my recruiting method because for every 2 people we get to sign up for VA alert 1 will become a member within 2 years.

    I remember that event. You were walking up and down the sidewalk with a clipboard in your hand, working the crowd like a carnival barker. Not bad for a really introverted guy. :celebrate

    stay safe.

    skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3,156

    Post imported post

    I joined last april at the show...my father joined at this past show after he's seen all the VCDL has done for VA gun owners.

  11. #11
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Posts
    839

    Post imported post

    I just joined today too, a bit late to the party I know. I did it right after getting back from the clerks office to drop off my CHP application. And now I get to hurry up and wait.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Suffolk, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    20

    Post imported post

    I was planning on joining at the last gun show... but then I wasn't able to make it. I let it slip until just now when I saw this thread and finally got off my metaphorical butt (I actually joined on line without leaving my chair )

    - Shouldda' done that a long time ago...


    .

  13. #13
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766

    Post imported post

    Fozzy_Bear wrote:
    I was planning on joining at the last gun show... but then I wasn't able to make it. I let it slip until just now when I saw this thread and finally got off my metaphorical butt (I actually joined on line without leaving my chair )

    - Shouldda' done that a long time ago...


    .
    Welcome aboard!
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    sterling va, ,
    Posts
    49

    Post imported post

    damn i forgot to renew at the show. I was walking towards the table, then i got distracted. Oh well. Ive gotten 5 people to sign up so far this year so i guess im doing ok

  15. #15
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766

    Post imported post

    EFB16ACRX wrote:
    SNIP Ive gotten 5 people to sign up so far this year so i guess im doing ok
    GREAT!!!!
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NoVA, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    431

    Post imported post

    I volunteer for VCDL at every Gun Show I attend. I'm finding this to be the best part of going to the Gun Shows now that my tastes have changed.
    I love helping convince LOTS of people to give up their time and money for the best political organization in the USA!

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    69

    Post imported post

    Alright, alright.... I'll join to VCDL too.

    Done! That was the best $25 I've ever spent.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Virginia USA, ,
    Posts
    1,688

    Post imported post

    Bundabar wrote:
    Alright, alright.... I'll join to VCDL too.

    Done! That was the best $25 I've ever spent.
    Now, get someone else to join as well!

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Posts
    3,806

    Post imported post

    Feels good, doesn't it?
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

  20. #20
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682

    Post imported post

    I count at least 4 newbies. And to think that newbies buy the beer and ammo - Shiner Bock and 200 gr .45acp for me, please.

    I'm going to need a designated driver, but at least I'll have a small addition to the literal MOUNDS of ammo on my shelves.

    Thanks, folks, for supporting my gun rights. Oh, yeah- thanks, too, for joining VCDL.

    stay safe.

    skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Suffolk, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    20

    Post imported post

    Sorry Skidmark... But as a rule, if I buy somebody a beer, it's got to be a Guiness.

    I guess one of the other n00bs will have to cover for you.

  22. #22
    Regular Member ThunderRanch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Chesterfield, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    109

    Post imported post

    OK.....I finally took the plunge and joined!

    So, let's see.........

    I need to buy a couple cases of Shiner Bock, a couple cases of Guinness, and several ammo boxes full of 45ACP!

    Did I leave anyone out?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms..disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." - Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria, Criminologist in 1764.

  23. #23
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682

    Post imported post

    Fozzy_Bear wrote:
    Sorry Skidmark... But as a rule, if I buy somebody a beer, it's got to be a Guiness.

    I guess one of the other n00bs will have to cover for you.
    Not so, Fozzy. I enjoy Guiness - it's just that most folks in America serve it way too cold.

    Looking forward to seeing you and a good head on my glass of Guiness.

    stay safe.

    skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  24. #24
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682

    Post imported post

    ThunderRanch wrote:
    OK.....I finally took the plunge and joined!

    So, let's see.........

    I need to buy a couple cases of Shiner Bock, a couple cases of Guinness, and several ammo boxes full of 45ACP!

    Did I leave anyone out?
    Congratulations, and thanks for finally getting around to joining.

    I am beginning to wonder if AA has anything about OC/CCW at meetings.

    stay safe.

    skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  25. #25
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Posts
    839

    Post imported post

    Skidmark, you should just setup your own little brewing station. It's like reloading, but for beer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •