Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I finally joined VCDL! ('bout time, eh)

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Yep, about time I would say. This is an organization that has clearly been at the forefront of protecting and projecting Virginians' rights. The fact that their efforts have been recognized all over the nation doesn't hurt their reputation either, and just means they are doing things right.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
    Yep, about time I would say. This is an organization that has clearly been at the forefront of protecting and projecting Virginians' rights. The fact that their efforts have been recognized all over the nation doesn't either, and just means they are doing things right.
    Way to Go:celebrate

Yes, it was about time. Now go out and recruit at least one more member.

There are 130K+ CHPs, something like 200K+ hunting permits of various & sundry sorts, and only between 5,000 and 7,000 members of VCDL?

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

skidmark wrote:
    SouthernBoy wrote:
    Yep, about time I would say. This is an organization that has clearly been at the forefront of protecting and projecting Virginians' rights. The fact that their efforts have been recognized all over the nation doesn't either, and just means they are doing things right.

There are 130K+ CHPs, something like 200K+ hunting permits of various & sundry sorts, and only between 5,000 and 7,000 members of VCDL?

stay safe.

skidmark
    We really need to kickoff a campaign to DOUBLE that number in a year.

Post imported post

hsmith wrote:
    skidmark wrote:
    SouthernBoy wrote:

stay safe.

skidmark
    We really need to kickoff a campaign to DOUBLE that number in a year.
    I think you just did.

I keep setting out bait at the gunshows, as well as carrying around membership brochures and "GUNS SAVE LIVES" pins to give away to folks who ask about OC-ing, as well as the business cards I had printed up on OC law. It takes some work, but I'm trying to hit the one-a-month mark, sort of in keeping with the one-gun-a-month law (Man, that one is getting expensive).

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

There is definitely strength in numbers.

It is remarkeable that VCDL has such strong grassroots power in Richmond, especially since we are so small.

Imagine if only 1/4 of all CCW holders were in VCDL, and were ACTIVE.

THAT would ROCK!

Post imported post

Yes well, you know, Bulldog, as more and more people get fed up with non-working bureaucratic attempts to stop crime, they are going to start being more likely to become more proactive on defense.

Or at least less lackadaisical.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

I had a great time at the Sterling OC Dinner last night http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/13221.html. I'm looking forward to lunch today tofind out how good my meal was.

I gave away a few "GUNS SAVE LIVES" buttons and VCDL applications - including to a fellow from Maryland who was very eager to joing VCDL. The VCDL KIt that I got at the Newport News picnic has come in handy several times since I got it - neat plastic box stuffed with VCDL brochures, buttons, and some other things I added in just the right size to drop into either a back pocket or vest.

There are more opportunities outside gun shows to recruit members than at the shows. Get active - bring in 1 new member a year during 2008, then 1 a month during 2009, and then 1 a week in ....

OK, I'm going to calm down. Let's stick with Each One Bring One on a yearly basis.

stay safe.

skidmark

----Allahpundit

Post imported post

skidmark wrote:

I think the best I ever did was get 76 signatures for the VA alert in 3.5 hours. I had to stop because I lost my voice. Well, almost....

That is my recruiting method because for every 2 people we get to sign up for VA alert 1 will become a member within 2 years.

Post imported post

pourshot wrote:
    skidmark wrote:

I think the best I ever did was get 76 signatures for the VA alert in 3.5 hours. I had to stop because I lost my voice. Well, almost....

That is my recruiting method because for every 2 people we get to sign up for VA alert 1 will become a member within 2 years.

I remember that event. You were walking up and down the sidewalk with a clipboard in your hand, working the crowd like a carnival barker. Not bad for a really introverted guy. :celebrate

stay safe.

skidmark

----Allahpundit

Post imported post

I joined last april at the show...my father joined at this past show after he's seen all the VCDL has done for VA gun owners.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I just joined today too, a bit late to the party I know. I did it right after getting back from the clerks office to drop off my CHP application. And now I get to hurry up and wait.

Post imported post

I was planning on joining at the last gun show... but then I wasn't able to make it. I let it slip until just now when I saw this thread and finally got off my metaphorical butt (I actually joined on line without leaving my chair )

- Shouldda' done that a long time ago...

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Fozzy_Bear wrote:
    I was planning on joining at the last gun show... but then I wasn't able to make it. I let it slip until just now when I saw this thread and finally got off my metaphorical butt (I actually joined on line without leaving my chair )

- Shouldda' done that a long time ago...

Welcome aboard!
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

damn i forgot to renew at the show. I was walking towards the table, then i got distracted. Oh well. Ive gotten 5 people to sign up so far this year so i guess im doing ok

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

EFB16ACRX wrote:
    SNIP Ive gotten 5 people to sign up so far this year so i guess im doing ok
    GREAT!!!!
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

I volunteer for VCDL at every Gun Show I attend. I'm finding this to be the best part of going to the Gun Shows now that my tastes have changed.
    I love helping convince LOTS of people to give up their time and money for the best political organization in the USA!

Post imported post

Alright, alright.... I'll join to VCDL too.

Done! That was the best $25 I've ever spent.

Post imported post

Bundabar wrote:
    Alright, alright.... I'll join to VCDL too.

Done! That was the best $25 I've ever spent.
    Now, get someone else to join as well!

Post imported post

Feels good, doesn't it?
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

I count at least 4 newbies. And to think that newbies buy the beer and ammo - Shiner Bock and 200 gr .45acp for me, please.

I'm going to need a designated driver, but at least I'll have a small addition to the literal MOUNDS of ammo on my shelves.

Thanks, folks, for supporting my gun rights. Oh, yeah- thanks, too, for joining VCDL.

stay safe.

skidmark

----Allahpundit

Post imported post

Sorry Skidmark... But as a rule, if I buy somebody a beer, it's got to be a Guiness.

I guess one of the other n00bs will have to cover for you.

Post imported post

OK.....I finally took the plunge and joined!

So, let's see.........

I need to buy a couple cases of Shiner Bock, a couple cases of Guinness, and several ammo boxes full of 45ACP!

Did I leave anyone out?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms..disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." - Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria, Criminologist in 1764.

Post imported post

Fozzy_Bear wrote:
    Sorry Skidmark... But as a rule, if I buy somebody a beer, it's got to be a Guiness.

I guess one of the other n00bs will have to cover for you.
    Not so, Fozzy. I enjoy Guiness - it's just that most folks in America serve it way too cold.

Looking forward to seeing you and a good head on my glass of Guiness.

stay safe.

skidmark

----Allahpundit

Post imported post

ThunderRanch wrote:
    OK.....I finally took the plunge and joined!

So, let's see.........

I need to buy a couple cases of Shiner Bock, a couple cases of Guinness, and several ammo boxes full of 45ACP!

Did I leave anyone out?
    Congratulations, and thanks for finally getting around to joining.

I am beginning to wonder if AA has anything about OC/CCW at meetings.

stay safe.

skidmark

----Allahpundit

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Skidmark, you should just setup your own little brewing station. It's like reloading, but for beer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast