• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I finally joined VCDL! ('bout time, eh)

Fozzy_Bear

imported post

Sorry Skidmark... But as a rule, if I buy somebody a beer, it's got to be a Guiness.

I guess one of the other n00bs will have to cover for you. :lol:

ThunderRanch

imported post

OK.....I finally took the plunge and joined!

So, let's see.........

I need to buy a couple cases of Shiner Bock, a couple cases of Guinness, and several ammo boxes full of 45ACP!

Did I leave anyone out?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Fozzy_Bear wrote:
Sorry Skidmark... But as a rule, if I buy somebody a beer, it's got to be a Guiness.

I guess one of the other n00bs will have to cover for you. :lol:

Not so, Fozzy. I enjoy Guiness - it's just that most folks in America serve it way too cold.

Looking forward to seeing you and a good head on my glass of Guiness.

stay safe.

skidmark

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ThunderRanch wrote:
OK.....I finally took the plunge and joined!

So, let's see.........

I need to buy a couple cases of Shiner Bock, a couple cases of Guinness, and several ammo boxes full of 45ACP!

Did I leave anyone out?

Congratulations, and thanks for finally getting around to joining.

I am beginning to wonder if AA has anything about OC/CCW at meetings. :uhoh:

stay safe.

skidmark

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Skidmark, you should just setup your own little brewing station. It's like reloading, but for beer.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
If you want me to buy you a drink, skid, you need to look good in a skirt and heels, first.

Trust me, Skid. Don't bother. He's all talk. You could look great in a skirt and heels and he'd still just take the drink and leave you standing there all alone.

:)

(I know I'm gonna regret this before the evening is over.)

Tomahawk

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
If you want me to buy you a drink, skid, you need to look good in a skirt and heels, first.

Trust me, Skid. Don't bother. He's all talk. You could look great in a skirt and heels and he'd still just take the drink and leave you standing there all alone.

Well, it supposed to be me who doing the buying, but if skid wants to buy me alcohol he can wear almost whatever he wants.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Citizen wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:

Well, it supposed to be me who doing the buying, but if skid wants to buy me alcohol he can wear almost whatever he wants.
Oh, dammit. Nothing worse than thinking you've made a witty little comment to find that itwas backwards and never really launched. How embarrassing.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

rlh2005's team sold 6 memberships on Saturday morning at the gun show; pourshot, FiringBack and I sold another 8 in the afternoon. Hope the Sunday teams did as well.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tess wrote:
rlh2005's team sold 6 memberships on Saturday morning at the gun show; pourshot, FiringBack and I sold another 8 in the afternoon. Hope the Sunday teams did as well.

(cough, cough)

Money grubbers. :)

"rlh2005's team recruited 6 new dues-paying members on Saturday morning at the gun show; pourshot, FiringBack and I recruited another 8 in the afternoon. Hope the Sunday teams did as well."

(This commentary provided by somebody who hasn't worked a table in a while, so he'll shut up and get outta dodge now. :))

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Citizen wrote:
(cough, cough)

"rlh2005's team recruited 6 new dues-paying members on Saturday morning at the gun show; pourshot, FiringBack and I recruited another 8 in the afternoon. Hope the Sunday teams did as well."

(This commentary provided by somebody who hasn't worked a table in a while, so he'll shut up and get outta dodge now. :))

I prefer to think it was our fact-based approach to the benefits to make these people realize it was a small price to pay for such incredible effectiveness.

I've never minded buying things that were a value for the money.

But yes, your wording is more politically correct ;)

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Tess wrote:
Citizen wrote:
(cough, cough)

I prefer to think it was our fact-based approach to the benefits to make these people realize it was a small price to pay for such incredible effectiveness.

I've never minded buying things that were a value for the money.

But yes, your wording is more politically correct ;)

More importantly, the Fredericksburg Gun Show increased the membership of VCDL by .025% (approximately).

That number, as insignificant as it may sound, may be enough to secure an override of a governor's veto:exclaim:

"Well done" to all who slaved and sacrifice at the tables at all the gun shows.

stay safe.

skidmark

IanB

imported post

pourshot wrote:
skidmark wrote:
Yes, it was about time. Now go out and recruit at least one more member.

I think the best I ever did was get 76 signatures for the VA alert in 3.5 hours. I had to stop because I lost my voice. Well, almost....

That is my recruiting method because for every 2 people we get to sign up for VA alert 1 will become a member within 2 years.
I remember seeing you at the Fred gun show once about a year ago. You were walking around with a clipboard asking EVERYONE (and I do mean EVERYONE) in the show to sign up for the Alert. It was borderline harassment!

owen502

imported post

I just took the advice in the email alert and joined up. Just thought I would post here. I only lived in VA for two years and that was 4 years ago. I am back in Louisiana now and I think LA needs a sister organization. Good job and proud to be a member now.
Nick Owen

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

DHCruiser & Owen502 - welcome aboard.

Owen - it's not difficult to start your own version of VCDL down there in Lousiana. You can contact VCDL via their web sire www.vcdl.org and get some help and ideas. Heck, if the folks in West Virginia and Texas can do it, you can, too. :lol:

stay safe.

skidmark