• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I finally joined VCDL! ('bout time, eh)

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Yep, about time I would say. This is an organization that has clearly been at the forefront of protecting and projecting Virginians' rights. The fact that their efforts have been recognized all over the nation doesn't hurt their reputation either, and just means they are doing things right.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
Yep, about time I would say. This is an organization that has clearly been at the forefront of protecting and projecting Virginians' rights. The fact that their efforts have been recognized all over the nation doesn't either, and just means they are doing things right.

Way to Go:exclaim::celebrate

Yes, it was about time. Now go out and recruit at least one more member.

There are 130K+ CHPs, something like 200K+ hunting permits of various & sundry sorts, and only between 5,000 and 7,000 members of VCDL? :banghead:

stay safe.

skidmark

hsmith

imported post

skidmark wrote:
SouthernBoy wrote:
Yep, about time I would say. This is an organization that has clearly been at the forefront of protecting and projecting Virginians' rights. The fact that their efforts have been recognized all over the nation doesn't either, and just means they are doing things right.

There are 130K+ CHPs, something like 200K+ hunting permits of various & sundry sorts, and only between 5,000 and 7,000 members of VCDL? :banghead:

stay safe.

skidmark
We really need to kickoff a campaign to DOUBLE that number in a year.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

hsmith wrote:
skidmark wrote:
SouthernBoy wrote:

stay safe.

skidmark
We really need to kickoff a campaign to DOUBLE that number in a year.

I think you just did.

I keep setting out bait at the gunshows, as well as carrying around membership brochures and "GUNS SAVE LIVES" pins to give away to folks who ask about OC-ing, as well as the business cards I had printed up on OC law. It takes some work, but I'm trying to hit the one-a-month mark, sort of in keeping with the one-gun-a-month law (Man, that one is getting expensive:exclaim:).

stay safe.

skidmark

Bulldog1967

imported post

There is definitely strength in numbers.

It is remarkeable that VCDL has such strong grassroots power in Richmond, especially since we are so small.

Imagine if only 1/4 of all CCW holders were in VCDL, and were ACTIVE.

THAT would ROCK!

AbNo

imported post

Yes well, you know, Bulldog, as more and more people get fed up with non-working bureaucratic attempts to stop crime, they are going to start being more likely to become more proactive on defense.

Or at least less lackadaisical.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I had a great time at the Sterling OC Dinner last night http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/13221.html. I'm looking forward to lunch today tofind out how good my meal was.

I gave away a few "GUNS SAVE LIVES" buttons and VCDL applications - including to a fellow from Maryland who was very eager to joing VCDL. The VCDL KIt that I got at the Newport News picnic has come in handy several times since I got it - neat plastic box stuffed with VCDL brochures, buttons, and some other things I added in just the right size to drop into either a back pocket or vest.

There are more opportunities outside gun shows to recruit members than at the shows. Get active - bring in 1 new member a year during 2008, then 1 a month during 2009, and then 1 a week in ....

OK, I'm going to calm down. Let's stick with Each One Bring One on a yearly basis.

stay safe.

skidmark

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

skidmark wrote:

I think the best I ever did was get 76 signatures for the VA alert in 3.5 hours. I had to stop because I lost my voice. Well, almost....

That is my recruiting method because for every 2 people we get to sign up for VA alert 1 will become a member within 2 years.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

pourshot wrote:
skidmark wrote:

I think the best I ever did was get 76 signatures for the VA alert in 3.5 hours. I had to stop because I lost my voice. Well, almost....

That is my recruiting method because for every 2 people we get to sign up for VA alert 1 will become a member within 2 years.

I remember that event. You were walking up and down the sidewalk with a clipboard in your hand, working the crowd like a carnival barker. Not bad for a really introverted guy. :celebrate

stay safe.

skidmark

nova

imported post

I joined last april at the show...my father joined at this past show after he's seen all the VCDL has done for VA gun owners.

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I just joined today too, a bit late to the party I know. I did it right after getting back from the clerks office to drop off my CHP application. And now I get to hurry up and wait.

Fozzy_Bear

imported post

I was planning on joining at the last gun show... but then I wasn't able to make it. I let it slip until just now when I saw this thread and finally got off my metaphorical butt (I actually joined on line without leaving my chair :lol: )

- Shouldda' done that a long time ago...

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Fozzy_Bear wrote:
I was planning on joining at the last gun show... but then I wasn't able to make it. I let it slip until just now when I saw this thread and finally got off my metaphorical butt (I actually joined on line without leaving my chair :lol: )

- Shouldda' done that a long time ago...

Welcome aboard!

EFB16ACRX

imported post

damn i forgot to renew at the show. I was walking towards the table, then i got distracted. Oh well. Ive gotten 5 people to sign up so far this year so i guess im doing ok

ufcfanvt

imported post

I volunteer for VCDL at every Gun Show I attend. I'm finding this to be the best part of going to the Gun Shows now that my tastes have changed.
I love helping convince LOTS of people to give up their time and money for the best political organization in the USA!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I count at least 4 newbies. And to think that newbies buy the beer and ammo - Shiner Bock and 200 gr .45acp for me, please.

I'm going to need a designated driver, but at least I'll have a small addition to the literal MOUNDS of ammo on my shelves.:)

Thanks, folks, for supporting my gun rights. Oh, yeah- thanks, too, for joining VCDL.

stay safe.

skidmark