• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

i open carry in front of tosa police

steve7890

imported post

Well, I'm a 25 year old male.I was an armed guard for a year and went to school for police science for 3 years soI know my laws fairly well. NowI live in Tosa and I'm not a guard any more. That's enough about me for now.

This is what's going on. My neighbor, a40 y/o female, has started having problems the last few days. She is anti-gun and lives alone. She started getting calls from an old boy friend who is 76 y/o. They have not talked for 9 years. He is calling and hanging up all day long.She is ignoring him and telling him to go away. He begansitting outside and stalking her.

NowI do oc around the house and outside.I came home from work about 5pm and this guy is putting tons of gifts on the porch. He leaves andas I talk to her, I see that she is shaking from being scarred. She says," I'm throwing all the gifts out." She says theme and my girl can have them. She takes everything, with out looking at them, and puts it all on the curb.

She then leaves andI go and take it all in my house.I open a few things and find a custom made ring with paper work of $16,500!!!I wait until she comes home and tell herI can't take this and she shouldn't throw it away. She says she will give it to his son instead.

Itold her to call the police and get a complaint made. She does. i do some home work on the guy and he has restraining orders on him. He is alsobipolar, off his meds, and a few day agohe trashed his girlfriends home and ca,r so he is violent.

I get home from work yesterday and I'm watching for him. Ispot his car down the block with no one in it. 10 minutes later it's gone. 1 hour later he pulls up and pulls a bike out of his car. Itell hem to come with me.I was armed at the time.I sat him down to talk to him. Itold him to leave andthat I don't want to see him again.

Icalled the police to get another complaint against him.A detective comes out.I tell himI was armed and what happened. He had no problem with it. Later at 11pm she sees him ride his bike past the house and she calls me.I go out and call the police and say he's back.I spot him riding his bike a block away. 2 minutes later an officer is driving up the block andI flag him down while being armed.I tell theofficer where I saw him and pointed. He says, "I see you're packing some heat."Isay, "Yes,I am. Wouldn't you?"He says, "With a violent man mentally unstable, hell yea!"They couldn't find him.

At 4am this morning, she calls me and says, "He left a message saying he's coming over and will behere in a minute."I sit on the porch, but he didn't show. So that is a very short story of whatI got so far.Isuck attyping lol. She also tells me she feels safe knowing that Im armed and thatI care for her well being and my family. She said its great knowing thatI have a firearm and she has zero problems with me carrying around her. She keeps thanking me for helping her and standing by her side. I did leave a lot out andthis is far fromover.I will keep you all updated.

Steve

smithman

imported post

Nice job. I think some cops think OC is ok when nobody around is complaining or scared (as your two cases) but they somehow believe it becomes illegal (DC) when someone calls 911 with a MWAG call. Go to the grocery store for an hour long trip, and odds are good somebody who sees you and is confused/scared, may call the cops (you'd be surprised though at how many people don't notice when they are distracted).

dmworken

imported post

Interesting. Reading Steve's post was not all that thrilling. As with Pointman, this story has a familiar ring.

Steve. You may want to use proper sentence structure and punctuation. With three years of Police Science, you should know how to properly write a report and thus, properly write a story.

However, this story merits an investigation.

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

What the H does the way a person types have to do with he or she presenting their opinion and experiences concerning the open carry issue. We need all the new members we can get in order to furthur our cause. We don't need to insult their grammar and typing style.

RedKnightt

imported post

steve7890 wrote:
<snipped> 1 hour later he pulls up pulls a bike out of his car and i tell hem to come with me. i was armed at the time i sat him down to talk to him and to make it short i told him to leave and i dont want to see him again. <snipped>
I think it's great that you are looking out for your neighbor, too many people don't bother to even meet the people that live on thier street, much less help them. I'm curious, however, about the part I quoted in bold. Under what authority did you detain that person? If I was that guy, I could make a reasonable case that you held me against my will under implied threat of force, and threatened me. I think you went too far at that point.

Staying with your neighbor, encouraging her to call the police, and speaking with the police yourself are all good steps to controlling the situation. Detaining the man when he was on public property is a seriously grey area. I think if you saw the guy you should have just called the police again and stayed on your neighbor's porch, prepared to act in a defensive manner, if needed. I could only hope if this was my mother, grandmother, aunt, etc, that there would be a good neighbor like you to help.

--RedKnightt--

Zombie Squad has it right: “We hold fast to the belief that if you are prepared for a scenario where the walking corpses of your family and neighbors are trying to eat you alive, you will be prepared for almost anything.”

cato

imported post

steve7890 wrote:
Well, I'm a 25 year old male.I was an armed guard for a year and went to school for police science for 3 years soI know my laws fairly well. NowI live in Tosa and I'm not a guard any more. That's enough about me for now.

This is what's going on. My neighbor, a40 y/o female, has started having problems the last few days. She is anti-gun and lives alone. She started getting calls from an old boy friend who is 76 y/o. They have not talked for 9 years. He is calling and hanging up all day long.She is ignoring him and telling him to go away. He begansitting outside and stalking her.

NowI do oc around the house and outside.I came home from work about 5pm and this guy is putting tons of gifts on the porch. He leaves andas I talk to her, I see that she is shaking from being scarred. She says," I'm throwing all the gifts out." She says theme and my girl can have them. She takes everything, with out looking at them, and puts it all on the curb.

She then leaves andI go and take it all in my house.I open a few things and find a custom made ring with paper work of $16,500!!!I wait until she comes home and tell herI can't take this and she shouldn't throw it away. She says she will give it to his son instead.

Itold her to call the police and get a complaint made. She does. i do some home work on the guy and he has restraining orders on him. He is alsobipolar, off his meds, and a few day agohe trashed his girlfriends home and ca,r so he is violent.

I get home from work yesterday and I'm watching for him. Ispot his car down the block with no one in it. 10 minutes later it's gone. 1 hour later he pulls up and pulls a bike out of his car. Itell hem to come with me.I was armed at the time.I sat him down to talk to him. Itold him to leave andthat I don't want to see him again.

Icalled the police to get another complaint against him.A detective comes out.I tell himI was armed and what happened. He had no problem with it. Later at 11pm she sees him ride his bike past the house and she calls me.I go out and call the police and say he's back.I spot him riding his bike a block away. 2 minutes later an officer is driving up the block andI flag him down while being armed.I tell theofficer where I saw him and pointed. He says, "I see you're packing some heat."Isay, "Yes,I am. Wouldn't you?"He says, "With a violent man mentally unstable, hell yea!"They couldn't find him.

At 4am this morning, she calls me and says, "He left a message saying he's coming over and will behere in a minute."I sit on the porch, but he didn't show. So that is a very short story of whatI got so far.Isuck attyping lol. She also tells me she feels safe knowing that Im armed and thatI care for her well being and my family. She said its great knowing thatI have a firearm and she has zero problems with me carrying around her. She keeps thanking me for helping her and standing by her side. I did leave a lot out andthis is far fromover.I will keep you all updated.

Steve
wellhasanythnghappenedyetorsinceyouwrotethestoryilookforwardtothenextupdateboyisavealotofspacethisway

steve7890

imported post

Hi guys i would have used proper sentence structure and punctuation but i was at work as i am now and had to make it quick. i left a lot out!! about the part you quoted in bold. Under what authority did you detain that person? i didn’t i was sitting in my yard and called him over to me he hesitated and said do i know you? I said no but if you want to talk about the neighbor come on over. he did as a volunteer. I am sorry about the rush my main reason for me posting any of this is just to get off my chest. I’m not trying to make any one mad or debate. If it bothers any one plz let me know and i will delete the first post.

The thing that also bothers me a little is that I made a fast post of me open carrying and how people don’t see the real reasons. I read a lot of post on here just Wisconsin and it seem there’s a lot of preaching about our rights yet those people don’t even carry them selves. I’m just saying that I preach it and I act on what I believe. If this subject is so important to you and all you comment on is how sentences are written then you might want to rethink why your on these forums. THANK YOU cato for taking the time out of your day and correcting my RUSHING errors. I just didn’t have the time and was going to come back to fix later. Also Lammie thank you. i just didn’t know i was being graded in an on line English class.

steve

steve7890

imported post

Now the police called me last night at 11:30 pm telling me he called and made a complaint against me. The man said to the police that I had my hand on my gun the whole time and he felt threatened. The officer told me not to worry since I call the police and told them what happened right after the confrontation. I called them just for this reason. I also had a witness in the window the man did not know about which I also planed. The officer told me that when these people hit a road block (me) they try to make stuff up. The police said to the man that I was doing nothing wrong and not breaking any laws. The officer told me he would be doing the same thing. After telling me all the lies the man said the officer started laughing and said he wishes there were more neighbors like me.

dmworken

imported post

Steve. Thank you re-formatting your first post. I was able to read both of your posts allot faster.

I take this as a good sign from the officer. We can only hope that the rest of the department feels the same way.

Good luck.

nova

imported post

Steve thanks for keeping us informed.

Stay Safe

cato

imported post

steve7890 wrote:
...If this subject is so important to you and all you comment on is how sentences are written then you might want to rethink why your on these forums...
steve

Whether or not it is right, we are judged by how we present ourselves. We will be judged, and more importently any fence sitting visitorsto the site will judge us, by our skills in effectively communicating our ideas.

Congrats on being one of the few in Wisconsin to exercise your State Right to Bear Arms. It says a lot about your character! Good luck in all you do.

cato

imported post

steve7890 wrote:
Now the police called me last night at 11:30 pm telling me he called and made a complaint against me.

This is one of the reasons that I push for OCers, anyone for that matter, to carry a digital recorder to helpprove the truth. All it takes sometimes is for a felonyallegation and you'll be dealing with the legal system from the wrong side of the bars.

Glad he didn't accuse you of aserious crimebut if he had simply said you tried to pistol whip him (assault with a deadly weapon in Ca.) a felony report may have been generated. Gladthe cops saw your side (this time).

Be safe.