• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Emergency Firearms/Political Activist Meeting

IndianaBoy79

imported post

I would like to thank everyone for attending todays meeting. I think we made some progress. Here is a run down of what was discussed at the meeting and anything we've decided on.

OCDO was discussed. We agree that we don't speak for OCDO and that we need more of an official group/spokesperson for our local OCDO needs.

Saint and IdahoCorsair have agreed to be official spokesmen for our local Idaho OCDO group. If any media or officials from other organization contact you to do an interview, please send them to Saint or IdahoCorsair. They are long respected members in our area. Thank you for volunteering!

We discussed forming a broader organization similar to the Virginia Citizen's Defense League. It was decided that this group should be separate from any OCDO specific group and Boiseshooters.com. Members are welcome to be part of as many groups as the want.

Some members suggested that this new groups focus should be all constitutional rights, with no specific focus on any right in particular.

Some members suggested it should be a group focused mainly on firearms rights.

Still others suggested that it should be mainly firearms rights, with a mix of other rights as well.

It was decided that myself and a few other members should put together an outline stating our new groups purpose, name, etc and present it to the larger population for review. Myself, Saint, and a few others have volunteered to be a part of this "commitee".

Future events and press releases were discussed. Any further press releases need to be reviewed by one of our spokesmen (Saint or IdahoCorsair) for approval. Press releases should not refer to Boiseshooters.com without express permission from Jeff or one of his authorized agents.

563 has volunteered to do the webmaster work for any new group we form. He is already hard at work. Thanks!

If anyone else has interest in helping with this, please contact me in a PM. Please send me your ideas, meet and discuss things with me, or post on the sites for open discussion.

We are welcome to discuss these ideas here and at boiseshooters.com in their closed, private forum.

Thanks again to everyone who was able to attend today's meeting! I hope we can make something great come out of this!

IndianaBoy79

imported post

After speaking with a majority of local OCDO members, I think we've decided to only "looslely" organize the local OCDO people. This means we have designated Saint and IdahoCorsair to speak on our behalf if any media calls. This doesn't mean no one will be allowed to do interviews but them, but they should be consulted on this issue so that we avoid further press issues in the future. Only they will speak directly on our behalf, if one of us does an interview, make it clear that we are only speaking our personal opinion and not that of OCDO or the local OCDO crowd.

If any of you want or feel we need better organization than that, then it's up to you to take lead.

We have decided to move forward with a larger, political action group. The new organization we're forming (Citizens Defense League tentative name) will NOT be OC specific, but I can assure you that the OC movement will have a place in this organization as well. 3 of us will be meeting with 3 people from BoiseShooters next week to hammer out details of this new organization. We will bring the results to the general population when we are finished.

I hope you can all get behind this. It's a chance to become a real political force in a local capacity.

Saint

imported post

IndianaBoy79 wrote:
After speaking with a majority of local OCDO members, I think we've decided to only "looslely" organize the local OCDO people. This means we have designated Saint and IdahoCorsair to speak on our behalf if any media calls. This doesn't mean no one will be allowed to do interviews but them, but they should be consulted on this issue so that we avoid further press issues in the future. Only they will speak directly on our behalf, if one of us does an interview, make it clear that we are only speaking our personal opinion and not that of OCDO or the local OCDO crowd.

If any of you want or feel we need better organization than that, then it's up to you to take lead.

We have decided to move forward with a larger, political action group. The new organization we're forming (Citizens Defense League tentative name) will NOT be OC specific, but I can assure you that the OC movement will have a place in this organization as well. 3 of us will be meeting with 3 people from BoiseShooters next week to hammer out details of this new organization. We will bring the results to the general population when we are finished.

I hope you can all get behind this. It's a chance to become a real political force in a local capacity.

Make no mistake, OC will be a large part of the CDL group. As soon as we get the details hammered out we will put up contact info, website address, info, etc so you can all go check it out. Look for stuff to start coming out in about a week and a half.

In the meantime, any interview requests or media issues that arise in conjunction to OC in Idaho should be directed to myself or IdahoCorsair. I am happy to provide my e-mail address and cell phone number to anyone that thinks they will have to get ahold of me. Otherwise, feel free to PM me with interview info and I will follow up.

MOLON LABE!