• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCd into Taylorsville PD

Francis Marion

imported post

I had to get some fingerprints for a job and paid a visit to the local PD for them. Carried my Kimber Classic Custom in a Blackhawk Serpa and guess what happened....

...Nothing...

...at least nothing out of the ordinary. Got printed, paid for them and walked out. No comments, no google eyes, nothing.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Francis Marion wrote:
I had to get some fingerprints for a job and paid a visit to the local PD for them. Carried my Kimber Classic Custom in a Blackhawk Serpa and guess what happened....

...Nothing...

...at least nothing out of the ordinary. Got printed, paid for them and walked out. No comments, no google eyes, nothing.

FM, You my Dear Friend has MUCH bigger ones [suP][suB]than I do[/suB][/suP]. You are my new hero. INTO THE PD :what:.

Holy Smokes.

TJ

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

Been there, done that. Santaquin police department did a firearms safety course one evening in their PD. So packingmama and I took the kids, and the Glocks, and got some cool Eddie Eagle stuff for Sierra.

The Santaquin police chief was sitting right in front of us. He asked us if that was our normal mode of carry, or just for the class. We responded that it was normal to see the both of us open carry. He just smiled, and then started talking about some idiot that tried to sell him an alarm for his house. I guess the salesman made up a bunch of crime stats for Santaquin, and the chief called him on his bluff! :lol:

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
FM, You my Dear Friend has MUCH bigger ones [sup][sub]than I do[/sub][/sup]. You are my new hero. INTO THE PD :what:.

Holy Smokes.
You think that is nerve racking??? Try taking your kid to school, while open carrying. I walked my daughter and my Glock to her class a few times. I wish I had a heart rate monitor to record that one. But, as I predicted, there was no problems! :celebrate

scorpioajr

imported post

Theres a coffee shop (Coffee Creations) up near the crossroads in Saratoga..its a TOTAL 120% 'copshop' - anyway, i walked right in there one day and behind me, walks in about 4 cops. I just about dropped my credit card when i was paying for my Chai. lol. Nervous i guess.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
FM, You my Dear Friend has MUCH bigger ones [suP][suB]than I do[/suB][/suP]. You are my new hero. INTO THE PD :what:.

Holy Smokes.
You think that is nerve racking??? Try taking your kid to school, while open carrying. I walked my daughter and my Glock to her class a few times. I wish I had a heart rate monitor to record that one. But, as I predicted, there was no problems! :celebrate

That would have made me nervous too.

TJ

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
Theres a coffee shop (Coffee Creations) up near the crossroads in Saratoga..its a TOTAL 120% 'copshop' - anyway, i walked right in there one day and behind me, walks in about 4 cops. I just about dropped my credit card when i was paying for my Chai. lol. Nervous i guess.
Coffee Creations is owned by Cindy and Jory, friends of mine. Jory is a Utah County Sheriff, this is why there is usually a lot of sheriffs there. This business is very firearm friendly, but some of the LEO's hanging out there may not be. I even saw Cindy open carry her Glock 27 while working one day.:)

UTOC-45-44

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
Coffee Creations is owned by Cindy and Jory, friends of mine. Jory is a Utah County Sheriff, this is why there is usually a lot of sheriffs there. This business is very firearm friendly, but some of the LEO's hanging out there may not be. I even saw Cindy open carry her Glock 27 while working one day.:)

I would like to visit this location. Do theyserve morethan just coffee?

I might go there on my 10 year anniversary here in the country in 2 weeks:celebrate. OCing 2 guns. Shoulder holster (S&W 4006) AND Right strong side Kimber in a Serpa with a Benelli on the back going down for some shooting, Maybe my Henry 44Mag on the back too:lol:.

TJ

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
I might go there on my 10 year anniversary here in the country in 2 weeks:celebrate. OCing 2 guns. Shoulder holster (S&W 4006) AND Right strong side Kimber in a Serpa with a Benelli on the back going down for some shooting, Maybe my Henry 44Mag on the back too:lol:.

TJ
That is 3, maybe 4 guns. Not two. ;)

Good luck sitting down with the long guns on your back. Maybe you could lean in a corner. :p

UTOC-45-44

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:

TJ
That is 3, maybe 4 guns. Not two. ;)

Good luck sitting down with the long guns on your back. Maybe you could lean in a corner. :p

Sorry I meant OCing 2 GUNS and 2 Rifles. I might even take the 44Mag Ruger.

All this while riding a BIKE:celebrate.

TJ

UTOC-45-44

imported post

sfemti33 wrote:
Francis Marion wrote:

...Nothing...

I know several of the TVPD officers very well, family gatherings and all that. Most of them are very firearm friendly as long as you are doing it legally. I know that about 6 months ago there was someone OCing in the Albertsons off of 4700 S Redwood(anyone on this board?)and they got a call about it. After talking to him, they let him go. From the officers view, he told me "Im not about to step on someones 2nd amendment rights". So be proud that TVPD is more understanding then some other agencies.

I OC all the time at the Albertsons over on 3500 S & 3600 W. I had a good experience with 3 officers.

TJ

PavePusher

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
SGT Jensen wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
Sorry I meant OCing 2 GUNS and 2 Rifles. I might even take the 44Mag Ruger.
... into the Taylorsville PD. Got it. :p

THAT would be exciting:shock:...:what:.

TJ
I want to hear about you doing that into the West Valley PD. Now there's an After Action Report that would make good reading...:lol: