• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Safety Rest Stop Bathrooms?

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

One requirement for pc171b to be off limits to UOC is that:

(1) It is a building or part of a building owned or leased by the
state or local government, if state or local public employees are
regularly present for the purposes of performing their official
duties.
A state or local public building includes, but is not
limited to, a building that contains a courtroom.

Does the fact that occasionally a janitor is there to maintain it or a peace officer is there to monitor it make a restroom in a "Safety Rest Area" an off-limits government building?

cato

imported post

Good on you! for reading the statutes!!! We kicked this one around at one of our dinner meetings (not really dinner conversatoin though) 171 isa felony so just to be safe piss in public on the outside of the building! That's only a misdemeanor:p.

PT111

imported post

In SC there was some question about rest areas so the legislature passed the following.
(F) This section does not apply to a person who is authorized to carry concealed weapons pursuant to Article 4, Chapter 31 of Title 23 when upon any premises, property, or building that is part of an interstate highway rest area facility.
Article 4, Chapter 31 of Title 23 simply means you have a CWP.

How it is interpreted in other states I do not know but it certainly could be in the manner the OP questioned.