• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What kinda gun ???

UTOC-45-44

imported post

http://www.gungirls.com/preview/pages/charity1.htm

What kinda gun is there in this Pic ?:lol:Sure is a nice piece of sidearm.

Ok, FOCUS guys:celebrate

charity1.jpg

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

I like it very well but that isn't much of a review. It was the third pistol that I have bought and only one since. I CCWd it daily for about ten years and added it to my regular range exercise while I was drilling. It has never had a failure and we have never failed to at least hit the paper somewhere however extreme the drill. I carried it under very adverse conditions, so daily it was stripped and the condensed sweat dried, not rinsed. After about five years it showed a spot of rust on the take-down/lock lever and H&K replaced it instantly NQA.

I am conflicted which pistol I will OC when the prejudice eases in Wisconsin. I'd like to carry the H&K for the familiarity to my hands and practice that I have invested in it. But I would also like to carry my SA1911-A1 purchased for OC occasions for the statement of a Condition One standard frame sidearm.

The dilemma has kept me from ordering a SERPA. I think holsters are pretty silly after my experience first with an IWB that woreout and then 'Mexican' that was trouble free (and I always was aware of my gun against my side).

I have owned a 9 mm P-38. Traded it for an Interarms Luger (my 'dress' and display gun). Still have my H&K USPc .40 at my side and the SA1911-A1 is in the desk drawer. The 870 is in the closet near the front door.

I would have a reach-out-and-touch-someone .308 but the budget won't support the quality I want. I'll probably be too old to shoot one soon but it'll be fun to try when Milady is not with me any more. That way I won't upset her.

Bottom line? I'd rather be careful to want what I have than to have what I want.

Teej

imported post

Won't really be relevant due to the age here, but...

I had one of the early USPs that came out...got it when only the .40 was out and they were just about to release the 9mm. It was my first handgun. I was catching on OK with it, but ended up just not liking it as much as I thought I would. It had only one problem - it would tend to FTF about one round per magazine on average. A second pull on the trigger always did the trick. I ended up selling it (with the buyer's knowledge of the above - not like I hid it) before I looked into getting it fixed.

I wasn't a great shot with it, but I was doing OK.But then I had one of my best pistol-experience laughs with it. I was packing up to leave the range after a practice session when a coupla guys on the next lane had their nice new 9mm model USP out. Told me they'd just gotten it and one thought it was shooting high/right and the other low/left and wanted to know what I thought.

So I stuck 3 rounds in the mag and ran a fresh target out to nearly the 25yd max length of the range and squeezed 'em off. Pulled the target back in thinking I'd completely missed and was about to be embarrassed - I didn't see any perforation in the white around the bullseye. As the target came the rest of the way in, however, I realized I had put a 3-shot group right centered in the x-ring. Maybe a 1" spread.

Acting like this was completely expected, I deadpanned "There's nothing wrong with that weapon". Turned, walked away, and never looked back. :D

Only other pistol I've ever shot nearly that well was with a red dot. Never before or since could I do thatwith iron sights. Hehehehehe.