• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BLM land sign.. hunting allowed, target practice prohibited.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

In California, at Hogs Flat (which has a BLMsign in front of it) it says that hunting is allowed but targetshooting is prohibited. Just curious, would open carry be legal loaded in such a place?

camsoup

imported post

I always open carry loaded on BLM land, it has always been during the regular shotgun turkey or Rifle Deer seasons. I have been stopped a few time by wardens to check for a plug in my shotgun and the capicity of my rifle. Never have they even asked me if my sidearm was loaded.

I would assume the fact that you can dischage a firearm for hunting puposes makes loaded open carry legal. The actual discharge of firearms is not prohibited. Only discharging firearms soley for target shooting purposes.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

Statkowski wrote:
Just curious, but did the sign have any bullet holes in it?

Nope.I have seen a lot of shot up "no shooting" signs in the past though.

I didsee other shot up road signs in California.