• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Curious---where does all the paper go?

ajax932

imported post

911Boss---you rock!

I did read
RCW 42.56.240
and it would appear you are correct.....and also correct this would warrant more study. I will probably be delving into this a bit more in the upcoming months and will post new info if I get it.

So here's a further question.....if you transfer the pistol to someone else and notify the DOL, are they commited to keep their records up to date, i.e. remove the pistol from your "file"?

Bear 45/70

imported post

ElJefe1911 wrote:
On the blue State form titled State of Washington Application to Transfer Pistol, in the shaded portion of section B Titled Statement of Buyer it starts: I certify that I am not ineligible to possess a pistol under RCW 9.41.040 or 9.41.045, and that... (7) I do not have an outstanding warrant for my arrest from any court of competent jurisdiction for a felony or misdemeanor....I certify under penalty or perjury, and subject to the criminal penalties set out in RCW9A.72.040 that the statements and other information set forth in this license are true and correct. I have not listed the other eight prohibitions listed on this for due to lack of interest in typing that much info. If anyone feels that I have taken these words out of context let me know and I will type out the whole thing or you can visit your local gun shop and read the form for yourself. Form 4473 question number 11 subquestion i) Have you ever been convicted in any court of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence?

Not my opinion, just the words on the form.

Jeff
Thank you.

911Boss

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
imported post

ElJefe1911 wrote:
I have not listed the other eight prohibitions listed on this for due to lack of interest in typing that much info. If anyone feels that I have taken these words out of context let me know and I will type out the whole thing or you can visit your local gun shop and read the form for yourself.
No need for all that driving and typing, here is an electronic version of theform to read in the comfort of your own home, sitting in front of the computer in your skivvies, basking in the soft glow of yourmonitor...

http://www.dol.wa.gov/business/firearms/652001x.pdf

And here is the 4473...

http://www.ocshooters.com/Gen/Form-4473/ATF-Form-4473.htm

Enjoy!

911Boss

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
imported post

ajax932 wrote:
So here's a further question.....if you transfer the pistol to someone else and notify the DOL, are they commited to keep their records up to date, i.e. remove the pistol from your "file"?

I would assume so, the form to fill out is linked below. It requires your info, buyers info, and both signatures. I've never filled one out and never asked anyone to. To me it is essentially voluntary registration nd I am not going to help them with that.

I generally write a bill of sale and keep a copy. I look at their D/L and CPL, but don't record any ainfo other than their name on the bill of sale.

Private Transfer form:

http://www.dol.wa.gov/forms/652004.pdf

daddyman

imported post

ajax932........We did the same thing with our stimulis money. I figure if Uncle Sam is borrowing money from the Feral Reserve Bank to buy weapons, and he is borrowing money to give to me......Then I should follow suit! I love my Glock.

ajax932

imported post

daddyman wrote:
ajax932........We did the same thing with our stimulis money. I figure if Uncle Sam is borrowing money from the Feral Reserve Bank to buy weapons, and he is borrowing money to give to me......Then I should follow suit! I love my Glock.
Yeah, and buy useful stuff that holds its value reasonably well. The more paper we throw at our financial woes, i.e. "spending like a drunken sailor", the more likely we end up with a wicked financial hangover. And the idea of the govt. buying me a gun just kinda made me feel so warm and fuzzy.