Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All people with driving offenses =) You're now a criminal!

Post imported post

Just discovered this great site called criminalsearches.com. When I was 17, I was driving a car with expired stickers (one month expired.... and I had the new stickers in my glove box) and now my record is on the internet for everyone to see. I know its incredibly minor, but I really hate the fact that anyone can view this up so easily. And yes, I now hate that stupid cop who decided to cite me even when I had the proper stickers with me (and I showed up at court and it was quickly dismissed).

What pisses me off more is I searched a dozen of my friends (who I know got tickets.... including my sister) and they don't show up! This is just unfair!

BTW anyone know LEO's real name =) hehe ... I want to see how bad this moderator been :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

DDrake wrote:
    Just discovered this great site called criminalsearches.com. When I was 17, I was driving a car with expired stickers (one month expired.... and I had the new stickers in my glove box) and now my record is on the internet for everyone to see. I know its incredibly minor, but I really hate the fact that anyone can view this up so easily. And yes, I now hate that stupid cop who decided to cite me even when I had the proper stickers with me (and I showed up at court and it was quickly dismissed).

What pisses me off more is I searched a dozen of my friends (who I know got tickets.... including my sister) and they don't show up! This is just unfair!

BTW anyone know LEO's real name =) hehe ... I want to see how bad this moderator been :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate
    Why is it that the cop is stupid if YOU were the one driving around for a month with the new stickers sitting in the glove box?....

just sayin..

James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

Because I was a young innocent driver who had his mom do it and SHE forgot!

But in all seriousness, it was the first day I was going back to school in January and I was gone upstate all winter for vacation. So, I never thought about it and it was 13 days after it expired.

Post imported post

Disclaimer from the site: Some states include minor traffic offenses in the data that we receive; however, these people might not be actual criminals.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

Not sure how thorough that site is...nobody I tried came up with any results, even the people whom I knowhave criminal records.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

DDrake wrote:
    Because I was a young innocent driver who had his mom do it and SHE forgot!

But in all seriousness, it was the first day I was going back to school in January and I was gone upstate all winter for vacation. So, I never thought about it and it was 13 days after it expired.
    ok, so it was really your fault AND your mom's fault.

to label the police officer as stupid because he did his job is unfair.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

And , what is the link to this site???????

Post imported post

im actually on this list from a trip to oregon a few years ago. I think the speeding ticket was for about 10 miles over or so. But they label my crime as O for other. Im not a big fan of this and am wondering if there is anyway to have my name removed. Do privacy laws protect me from this?

Post imported post

Wow thats crazy the stuff you can find. Found an ex from years back and an old neighbor listed.
    AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011
    TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011-?
    Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy
    Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Post imported post

Prophet wrote:
    im actually on this list from a trip to oregon a few years ago. I think the speeding ticket was for about 10 miles over or so. But they label my crime as O for other. Im not a big fan of this and am wondering if there is anyway to have my name removed. Do privacy laws protect me from this?
    Privacy laws from being a criminal? Can't anyone file a FOI request and get any records that the police department has? Sounds to me like these are public records, no different than any other crime other than being classified as a misdomeaner rather than a felony.

Post imported post

I had a minor traffic offense in Fairfax County a long time ago (Wearing headphones While Driving). I appealed the decision and because all appeals go to the Circuit court, the court's data base for some reason lists all offenses appealed as criminal even if they are minor driving offenses.

I'm listed as a criminal for a $25 dollar fine.

Post imported post

The above site is pretty cool. You guys know you can log on to the courts and get case information. Try this for size if you already did not know about this. It works for all states that I have found..........

http://www.courts.state.va.us/caseinfo/home.html

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

You want something that will blow your mind?

Buy and read this book, Arrest Proof Yourself, by Dale Carson and Wes Denham.

I bought a copy recently at a local bookstore.

The author is a former police officer and FBI agent. Is now a criminal defense lawyer.

He discusseshowpermanent and accessiblethe electronic law enforcement database system is.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Interesting site but not at all complete. I especially like the neighborhood searching it's amazing to see how many freaks there are in my neighborhood! Some people have LENGTHY records!

Post imported post

I wonder how "clean" our elected masters are

Post imported post

This site is lacking a ton of information. The courts site linked above is much better. I've used that one a ton!

Banned

Post imported post

Heh. I looked up my parents (My dad has a history of being a bit of a loose cannon, so I was curious whether it's ever gotten him in trouble with the law (It hasn't, according to that website) and my mother took off shortly after I was born, and my family tells me stories of how nutty she is... They weren't lying. Arson, Burglary, not showing up for court, and Disorderly Conduct, all semi-recent..)

Nothing on me, though my trespassing case was dismissed.

Post imported post

DDrake wrote:

The offense was a violation, not a crime. Even so, you can have it expunged by motion in the court that held jurisdiction. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it because background investigations only hit felonies and sometimes misdemeanors.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

Post imported post

Virginiaplanter wrote:
    I had a minor traffic offense in Fairfax County a long time ago (Wearing headphones While Driving). I appealed the decision and because all appeals go to the Circuit court, the court's data base for some reason lists all offenses appealed as criminal even if they are minor driving offenses.

I'm listed as a criminal for a $25 dollar fine.
    Very easy to expunge in VA. Online instructions are readily available.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

Activist Member

Post imported post

Good thing I don't have any driving offenses (yet.)

Post imported post

Chkultr wrote:
    The above site is pretty cool. You guys know you can log on to the courts and get case information. Try this for size if you already did not know about this. It works for all states that I have found..........

http://www.courts.state.va.us/caseinfo/home.html

Great site! They showed my ticket for radar detector--dismissed. A virtual impossibility in VA as simple possession is prima facia proof of guilt. One of my better triumphs in traffic "court."

Banned

Post imported post

im on there several times for traffic "violatoins" or should i say crimes

thanks big bro. saved me from myself multipal times! i'd be dead if it weren't for those 5 over tickets, and that extra hundie i would've had. prob just buy drugs with it anyways :X

Post imported post

Very incomplete, I think because it's only getting records from some jurisdictions.

For example, both of my speeding tickets I got from the Oregon State Police showed up from the early 1990's, but NONE of the other 7 speeding tickets and 5 other moving violations from city & county Law Enforcement from the same time periodshow up. So they must have only gathered information from our State Police.

And yes, it's all public information. I'm not sure if I like a company putting that all out there for free on the internet, though. I'd rather if someone wanted to look up my DOB they'd have to work harder to get it, like actually go down to the courthouse & lookup the records there.

...Orygunner...

Edit: Oh, and they got my Eye Color wrong.

Post imported post

Orygunner wrote:
    Very incomplete, I think because it's only getting records from some jurisdictions.

For example, both of my speeding tickets I got from the Oregon State Police showed up from the early 1990's, but NONE of the other 7 speeding tickets and 5 other moving violations from city & county Law Enforcement from the same time periodshow up. So they must have only gathered information from our State Police.

And yes, it's all public information. I'm not sure if I like a company putting that all out there for free on the internet, though. I'd rather if someone wanted to look up my DOB they'd have to work harder to get it, like actually go down to the courthouse & lookup the records there.

...Orygunner...

Edit: Oh, and they got my Eye Color wrong.
    Slow down, Rocket! Jeez!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast