• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

All people with driving offenses =) You're now a criminal!

Gunslinger

imported post

Chkultr wrote:
The above site is pretty cool. You guys know you can log on to the courts and get case information. Try this for size if you already did not know about this. It works for all states that I have found..........

http://www.courts.state.va.us/caseinfo/home.html
Great site! They showed my ticket for radar detector--dismissed. A virtual impossibility in VA as simple possession is prima facia proof of guilt. One of my better triumphs in traffic "court."

johnnyb

Banned
imported post

im on there several times for traffic "violatoins" or should i say crimes :uhoh:

thanks big bro. saved me from myself multipal times! i'd be dead if it weren't for those 5 over tickets, and that extra hundie i would've had. prob just buy drugs with it anyways :X

Orygunner

imported post

Very incomplete, I think because it's only getting records from some jurisdictions.

For example, both of my speeding tickets I got from the Oregon State Police showed up from the early 1990's, but NONE of the other 7 speeding tickets and 5 other moving violations from city & county Law Enforcement from the same time periodshow up. So they must have only gathered information from our State Police.

And yes, it's all public information. I'm not sure if I like a company putting that all out there for free on the internet, though. I'd rather if someone wanted to look up my DOB they'd have to work harder to get it, like actually go down to the courthouse & lookup the records there.

...Orygunner...

Edit: Oh, and they got my Eye Color wrong. ;)

MetalChris

imported post

Orygunner wrote:
Very incomplete, I think because it's only getting records from some jurisdictions.

For example, both of my speeding tickets I got from the Oregon State Police showed up from the early 1990's, but NONE of the other 7 speeding tickets and 5 other moving violations from city & county Law Enforcement from the same time periodshow up. So they must have only gathered information from our State Police.

And yes, it's all public information. I'm not sure if I like a company putting that all out there for free on the internet, though. I'd rather if someone wanted to look up my DOB they'd have to work harder to get it, like actually go down to the courthouse & lookup the records there.

...Orygunner...

Slow down, Rocket! Jeez! ;)

Orygunner

imported post

MetalChris wrote:
Orygunner wrote:

...Orygunner...

I DID! Finally. It took almost losing my license to do it. Back when I was 21, I had 9 speeding tickets, 2 other moving violations (running stop sign and improper lane change) and 3 non-moving violations (failure to change address, excessive noise, bad headlight), all within a 2 1/2 year period.

Luckily my careless driving ticket got dropped or I might have had a bad driving record. As it was, my auto insurance was so expensive I had to start riding a motorcycle to afford the insurance for a couple of years.

After the last traffic judge I got to "visit" with, I finally realized that my privilege to drive was at stake, and finally started sticking close enough to the law.

That was 15 years ago. My record has been squeaky clean ever since (except for that suspected terrorist event that got me a littering ticket a few years ago, but that wasn't a traffic infraction ;) )

Sounds like johnnyb is almost in the same situation I was in.

johnnyb! Slow down before it's too late! :D

...Orygunner...

Edited to clarify.

RogueWarrior

imported post

I just checked my name and there is two other guys with the same name as me and they are bad mothers. :what:

PT111

imported post

Orygunner wrote:
I DID! Finally. It took almost losing my license to do it. Back when I was 21, I had 9 speeding tickets, 2 other moving violations (running stop sign and improper lane change) and 3 non-moving violations (failure to change address, excessive noise, bad headlight), all within a 2 1/2 year period.

Luckily my careless driving ticket got dropped or I might have had a bad driving record. As it was, my auto insurance was so expensive I had to start riding a motorcycle to afford the insurance for a couple of years.

After the last traffic judge I got to "visit" with, I finally realized that my privilege to drive was at stake, and finally started sticking close enough to the law.

That was 15 years ago. My record has been squeaky clean ever since (except for that suspected terrorist event that got me a littering ticket a few years ago, but that wasn't a traffic infraction ;) )

...Orygunner...

Edited to clarify.
All that in 2-1/2 years! How did you not lose your license! :shock: I remember those days of stupidity and how long I drove being only one ticket away from losing mine. In SC now six traffic tickets in the past five years is grounds for refusal to issue a CWP. Argue all you want about how that is unfair but it is the rules. :cuss:

johnnyb

Banned
imported post

Orygunner wrote:
MetalChris wrote:
Orygunner wrote:

...Orygunner...

...Orygunner...

Edited to clarify.
lol.

buzz killington

i'll never slow down maaaaaaaaaaaan... i hope i die before i get old. and who sucks :p

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

WE all do dumb things when we are young. About 20 years ago during summer break from college I managed to rack up 3 speeding tickets in 24 hours and they were all hefty speeds. Following a well deserved lecture from the last LEO who greatly reduced the speed on my ticket, a well deserved lecture from an atty friend of my parents who got me court supervision on all three tickets, and knowing I would lose my license if I violated any of the terms of the supervision, I calmed my butt down massively.

Tomahawk

imported post

I was well into my 30s before I got a ticket, and then I got like 3 in 2 years. I'm pretty sure it has more to do with where I moved to than my driving habits. NOVA/DC area has more cops per square mile than blades of grass.

Aran

Banned
imported post

I have ONE speeding ticket on my record, an 11 over, and got three points on my license because of it, and my insurance went up almost $500 a year. When it was already $4k a year. Goddamnit.

MeBaby

imported post

DDrake wrote:
BTW anyone know LEO's real name =) hehe ... I want to see how bad this moderator been :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

LEO229. Evidently he has stopped posting. I believe that he told someone in a PM that we were too rude so he was going somewhere else. I'mbet he stills reads though. You can read his posts and make your own decision.

Evil Ernie

imported post

BWAHAHAHA!!! Too cool...Yep, they got the "Tater"...........

They list my youthful indiscretion as "Not specified" and "dismissed"...NOICE!!!!

The Judge knew it was a BS charge...he's a good guy...and as far as the Prosecutor? He's rotting in hell since he got caught embezzling from the county. They chased him to AZ if I remember right, and when they closed in on his motel room, he ate a bullet...chickensh*t....

imperialism2024

imported post

Hmpf, I'm not on there. Obviously that's because I have no traffic violations... cough cough.

At any rate, it's public information. Perhaps when enough "law abiding citizens" get turned down for housing, denied jobs they are otherwise qualified to do, and are banned from living within x feet from a car dealership, also perhaps having to notify their neighbors of being a violent speeder, they will realize the downside to criminal blacklists.