• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

All people with driving offenses =) You're now a criminal!

Drake

imported post

Just discovered this great site called criminalsearches.com. When I was 17, I was driving a car with expired stickers (one month expired.... and I had the new stickers in my glove box) and now my record is on the internet for everyone to see. I know its incredibly minor, but I really hate the fact that anyone can view this up so easily. And yes, I now hate that stupid cop who decided to cite me even when I had the proper stickers with me (and I showed up at court and it was quickly dismissed).

What pisses me off more is I searched a dozen of my friends (who I know got tickets.... including my sister) and they don't show up! This is just unfair!

BTW anyone know LEO's real name =) hehe ... I want to see how bad this moderator been :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

DDrake wrote:
Just discovered this great site called criminalsearches.com. When I was 17, I was driving a car with expired stickers (one month expired.... and I had the new stickers in my glove box) and now my record is on the internet for everyone to see. I know its incredibly minor, but I really hate the fact that anyone can view this up so easily. And yes, I now hate that stupid cop who decided to cite me even when I had the proper stickers with me (and I showed up at court and it was quickly dismissed).

What pisses me off more is I searched a dozen of my friends (who I know got tickets.... including my sister) and they don't show up! This is just unfair!

BTW anyone know LEO's real name =) hehe ... I want to see how bad this moderator been :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Why is it that the cop is stupid if YOU were the one driving around for a month with the new stickers sitting in the glove box?....

just sayin..

Drake

imported post

Because I was a young innocent driver who had his mom do it:dude: and SHE forgot!

But in all seriousness, it was the first day I was going back to school in January and I was gone upstate all winter for vacation. So, I never thought about it and it was 13 days after it expired.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Disclaimer from the site: Some states include minor traffic offenses in the data that we receive; however, these people might not be actual criminals.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

DDrake wrote:
Because I was a young innocent driver who had his mom do it:dude: and SHE forgot!

But in all seriousness, it was the first day I was going back to school in January and I was gone upstate all winter for vacation. So, I never thought about it and it was 13 days after it expired.

ok, so it was really your fault AND your mom's fault.

to label the police officer as stupid because he did his job is unfair.

Prophet

imported post

im actually on this list from a trip to oregon a few years ago. I think the speeding ticket was for about 10 miles over or so. But they label my crime as O for other. Im not a big fan of this and am wondering if there is anyway to have my name removed. Do privacy laws protect me from this?

PT111

imported post

Prophet wrote:
im actually on this list from a trip to oregon a few years ago. I think the speeding ticket was for about 10 miles over or so. But they label my crime as O for other. Im not a big fan of this and am wondering if there is anyway to have my name removed. Do privacy laws protect me from this?
Privacy laws from being a criminal? :lol:Can't anyone file a FOI request and get any records that the police department has? Sounds to me like these are public records, no different than any other crime other than being classified as a misdomeaner rather than a felony.

Virginiaplanter

imported post

I had a minor traffic offense in Fairfax County a long time ago (Wearing headphones While Driving). I appealed the decision and because all appeals go to the Circuit court, the court's data base for some reason lists all offenses appealed as criminal even if they are minor driving offenses.

I'm listed as a criminal for a $25 dollar fine.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

You want something that will blow your mind?

Buy and read this book, Arrest Proof Yourself, by Dale Carson and Wes Denham.

I bought a copy recently at a local bookstore.

The author is a former police officer and FBI agent. Is now a criminal defense lawyer.

He discusseshowpermanent and accessiblethe electronic law enforcement database system is.

taurusfan

imported post

Interesting site but not at all complete. I especially like the neighborhood searching it's amazing to see how many freaks there are in my neighborhood! Some people have LENGTHY records! :uhoh:

DTag

imported post

This site is lacking a ton of information. The courts site linked above is much better. I've used that one a ton!

Aran

Banned
imported post

Heh. I looked up my parents (My dad has a history of being a bit of a loose cannon, so I was curious whether it's ever gotten him in trouble with the law (It hasn't, according to that website) and my mother took off shortly after I was born, and my family tells me stories of how nutty she is... They weren't lying. Arson, Burglary, not showing up for court, and Disorderly Conduct, all semi-recent..)

Nothing on me, though my trespassing case was dismissed.

Gunslinger

imported post

DDrake wrote:

The offense was a violation, not a crime. Even so, you can have it expunged by motion in the court that held jurisdiction. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it because background investigations only hit felonies and sometimes misdemeanors.

Gunslinger

imported post

Virginiaplanter wrote:
I had a minor traffic offense in Fairfax County a long time ago (Wearing headphones While Driving). I appealed the decision and because all appeals go to the Circuit court, the court's data base for some reason lists all offenses appealed as criminal even if they are minor driving offenses.

I'm listed as a criminal for a $25 dollar fine.
Very easy to expunge in VA. Online instructions are readily available.