• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Firearms Storage in Secure Locations

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

A good friend of mine is one of the LEO whose primary duty is security at the main entrance to the Utah County Courthouse....

I will have to get his "OFFICIAL" take on this one... LOL

JoeSparky

LovesHisXD45

imported post

JoeSparky wrote:
A good friend of mine is one of the LEO whose primary duty is security at the main entrance to the Utah County Courthouse....

I will have to get his "OFFICIAL" take on this one... LOL

JoeSparky

Sweet! Let me know what he/she says.

:cool:

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

bane wrote:
Better yet, try and influence him to work to get his jurisdiction in compliance with the law.

OH, I do agree...

BUT....

He works for the Sheriff's Department and the Court's are their OWN entity.

I suspect that it needs to be brought up to the county commissioners who are in control of the budget...

JoeSparky

bane

imported post

JoeSparky wrote:
bane wrote:
Better yet, try and influence him to work to get his jurisdiction in compliance with the law.

OH, I do agree...

BUT....

He works for the Sheriff's Department and the Court's are their OWN entity.

I suspect that it needs to be brought up to the county commissioners who are in control of the budget...

JoeSparky

Right. I only said that b/c in the military I learned that even though a particular Officer is in charge of administering a particular program, usually if the enlisted guys who actually perform the day-to-day tasks of that program go to the Officer and request a change that would actually bring more work on their shoulders the Officer is often-times inclined to consider it b/c a) it's not just something these guys want to make their life easier (thus, perhaps it's actually a good idea if THEY want it), and b) these are the guys who do the job day-in/day-out... if THEY want it there must be a reason.

But yes, I know it's more complex than my initial reply. It was just a thought that perhaps he could get the ball rolling considering he's the daily "expert", his opinion would have at least a little weight.