Thread: You Western Idaho Folks Sure Are Lucky....

Post imported post

I'm an OCDO member from the East Coast, transplanted to Spokane for the next 10 days. I ventured out to visit your Cabelas today and just wanted to tell yall you sure are lucky. Our Bass Pro Shops out East doesn't hold a candle to yalls place....nice people, well stocked, reasonable prices.

Post imported post

Just don't ask anything technical! 7 out of tens times you will get a dumb look.

Make sure you check out Impact Guns in Boise they have some smart and helpful people there!

Post imported post

Just like today. I asked if plated bullets were alright to use in a Glock. The woman gave me this ABSOLUTELY PERPLEXED look.

To me, it's all hype, should have gone to Sportsmans instead.

Post imported post

I own a 2 Glocks and would have given you a perplexed look if you would have asked me that question worded like you wrote! What were you really asking?

Post imported post

Also check out the Sportsmans Warehouse in Spokane Valley. nice store.

(509)891-1900

Post imported post

bayboy42 wrote:
    I own a 2 Glocks and would have given you a perplexed look if you would have asked me that question worded like you wrote! What were you really asking?
    What's wrong with the wording?

Plated bullets are much different than the usual jacketed bullets. When they make plated bullets, they swage lead, then soak it in an electrolyte bath and coat each round with a thin layer (usually about .004") of copper. Whereas a jacketed bullet has the lead and a copper shield physically swaged together.

Therefore...some plated bullets can still cause lead fouling, especially in the polygonal barrels of a Glock. The amount of lead fouling can rise to dangerously high levels, and there is where you get some cases of Glock kB!

See...you have to know your firearms to answer questions...or even understand them for that matter. :celebrate

Post imported post

I'm not referring to you, I'm referring to the woman behind the counter...along with everyone other nutjob there...

Post imported post

I saw the signs for it but didn't stop. I have 3 days left here so I still may venture over there!

Post imported post

BrianEMT wrote:
    bayboy42 wrote:
    What's wrong with the wording?

Plated bullets are much different than the usual jacketed bullets. When they make plated bullets, they swage lead, then soak it in an electrolyte bath and coat each round with a thin layer (usually about .004") of copper. Whereas a jacketed bullet has the lead and a copper shield physically swaged together.

Therefore...some plated bullets can still cause lead fouling, especially in the polygonal barrels of a Glock. The amount of lead fouling can rise to dangerously high levels, and there is where you get some cases of Glock kB!

See...you have to know your firearms to answer questions...or even understand them for that matter. :celebrate
    Awesome...........I learned something today!!

Post imported post

the best part about the boise cabelas is the elmer keith gun collection.

Post imported post

Hiredgun30 wrote:
    the best part about the boise cabelas is the elmer keith gun collection.
    Free fudge samples is even better!