• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

You Western Idaho Folks Sure Are Lucky....

bayboy42

imported post

I'm an OCDO member from the East Coast, transplanted to Spokane for the next 10 days. I ventured out to visit your Cabelas today and just wanted to tell yall you sure are lucky. Our Bass Pro Shops out East doesn't hold a candle to yalls place....nice people, well stocked, reasonable prices.

Navajo

imported post

Just don't ask anything technical! 7 out of tens times you will get a dumb look.

Make sure you check out Impact Guns in Boise they have some smart and helpful people there!

BrianEMT

imported post

Just like today. I asked if plated bullets were alright to use in a Glock. The woman gave me this ABSOLUTELY PERPLEXED look. :banghead:

To me, it's all hype, should have gone to Sportsmans instead.

BrianEMT

imported post

bayboy42 wrote:
I own a 2 Glocks and would have given you a perplexed look if you would have asked me that question worded like you wrote! What were you really asking?

What's wrong with the wording?

Plated bullets are much different than the usual jacketed bullets. When they make plated bullets, they swage lead, then soak it in an electrolyte bath and coat each round with a thin layer (usually about .004") of copper. Whereas a jacketed bullet has the lead and a copper shield physically swaged together.

Therefore...some plated bullets can still cause lead fouling, especially in the polygonal barrels of a Glock. The amount of lead fouling can rise to dangerously high levels, and there is where you get some cases of Glock kB!

See...you have to know your firearms to answer questions...or even understand them for that matter. :celebrate

BrianEMT

imported post

I'm not referring to you, I'm referring to the woman behind the counter...along with everyone other nutjob there...

bayboy42

imported post

BrianEMT wrote:
bayboy42 wrote:
I own a 2 Glocks and would have given you a perplexed look if you would have asked me that question worded like you wrote! What were you really asking?

What's wrong with the wording?

Plated bullets are much different than the usual jacketed bullets. When they make plated bullets, they swage lead, then soak it in an electrolyte bath and coat each round with a thin layer (usually about .004") of copper. Whereas a jacketed bullet has the lead and a copper shield physically swaged together.

Therefore...some plated bullets can still cause lead fouling, especially in the polygonal barrels of a Glock. The amount of lead fouling can rise to dangerously high levels, and there is where you get some cases of Glock kB!

See...you have to know your firearms to answer questions...or even understand them for that matter. :celebrate
Awesome...........I learned something today!!