Thread: Business in Bridgeport

Post imported post

I'll be CC'ing most of the week due to social requirements, but I'll be in Bridgeport this week. OC is okay from what I've read, but no mention of whether or not they have any grandfathered laws against the preemption law.

Also, I see no mention of a CC-specific alcohol ban like there are in VA restaurants, am I to assume that CC is valid everywhere but the specifically outlined prohibited places (federal/schools/etc.)?

Thanks.
    -Unrequited

Post imported post

One last question, is there a must identify to officer? I already read there's no must notify, just wondering if WV has must identify if I haven't broken any laws and am not driving at the time...
    -Unrequited

Post imported post

Anybody?
    -Unrequited

Post imported post

It is my understanding that you can cc anywhere you want to except for state and federal property, secured installations and the state and federal parks. have a good time.

State Researcher

Post imported post

pmasley wrote:
    It is my understanding that you can cc anywhere you want to except for state and federal property, secured installations and the state and federal parks. have a good time.
    The law is more specific than that. The no-carry zones are federal buildings, national parks, national wildlife refuges, secure facilities, the State Capitol, courthouses, primary and secondary (K-12) school property, school buses, and school-sponsored functions. Most land owned by governmental entities (local, state, or federal) is not off limits and neither are most state and local government buildings.
    James M. "Jim" Mullins, Jr., Esq.
    Admitted to practice in West Virginia and Florida.

Founder, Past President, Treasurer, and General Counsel, West Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.
    Life Member, NRA

Post imported post

Went up to Kegler's bar tonight to meet some fellow Suby brothers from another mother. It's weird CC'ing into a restaurant, I'm so used to the Virginia tuck.

I should have looked you up I didn't know you were in Morgantown as well, plus we meet up at that Ranson public meeting... maybe abeer's in order next time I'm out.

BTW, WV has some AMAZING twisties to drive on, I took a short (100mi heh) drive at $.50 a mile expense for fun today, here's where I went:

FUN FUN.
    -Unrequited