Thread: Wisconsin Patriots Picnic-Canceled

Post imported post

The picnic that the Wisconsin Patriots had scheduled for August 2nd in Pewaukee has been canceled.

Jim
    Jim Burgess
    NRA Lifetime

Post imported post

Why?

Post imported post

Bummer. :X

- What da hay?

Keep Calm and Carry On

Post imported post

Max wrote:
    Why?
    It turned out to be a mistake to announce this event publicly on this forum.

Our rules of acceptable conduct and behavior were being challenged.We had good reason to expect certain people wanted to attendwho only had an interest in causing a public disturbance.

So, we weighed the risks verses the possible gains and made a decision to cancel the picnic.

Post imported post

ccwtrainer wrote:
    Max wrote:
    Why?

Our rules of acceptable conduct and behavior were being challenged.We had good reason to expect certain people wanted to attendwho only had an interest in causing a public disturbance.

So, we weighed the risks verses the possible gains and made a decision to cancel the picnic.

I'll paraphrase:

F E A R !

Post imported post

Support The 2nd wrote:
    ccwtrainer wrote:
    Max wrote:
    Why?

I'll paraphrase:

F E A R !
    How about common sense?

Centurion

Post imported post

Sorry guys. I feel like a schmuck for making a post about it.

Post imported post

ccwtrainer wrote:
    Support The 2nd wrote:
    ccwtrainer wrote:
    Max wrote:
    Why?

I'll paraphrase:

F E A R !
    How about common sense?
    What would the founders of our country think of us? I will assume that some important information was left out of the reason because of FEAR for an answer. LEO take an oath to support the constitutions and their efforts need to be directed at those causing the disturbance......the same as anti-hunters interfering with hunters are dealt with.

Post imported post

It would seem to me that whoever is setting up the picnic gets to set the rules. If anyone disagrees with the rules, they should simply not attend. I am of the opinion that those of us that want to further carry rights need to be on our best behavior whether carrying or not. All it would take would be one person acting badly to set the effort back big time. I think you pulled the plug too quickly. Post the rules of conduct and state if you cannot follow the rules please do not attend.

My 2 cents for the day.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Maybe part of this coordinated effort? http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum12/14154.html

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

ccwtrainer wrote:

A lot of us (Myself included) don't even browse the Wisconsin Patriots website, so this site is how we found out about it in the first place. Are you saying you'd rather lose the support of people here just because there may be a few antis that would come and protest? That's pretty shameful, and certainly not the proper way to acheive our goals here.

If you think it was a mistake "announcing the event publicly on this forum," then please, don't speak of anything having to do with Wisconsin Patriots on here anymore. You saying that the "public announcement" of an Open Carry event on one of the largest Open Carry forums on the web was a "mistake" is an insult to everyone here, and hurts our cause. I seriously hope ccwtrainer didn't speak for the organization in that post, as, if he did, I'm much less inclined to assist an organization that would rather be an "exclusive club" than an organization that welcomes all members, and is mature enough to take the right steps should a problem arise (Mishandling a firearm WOULD be a crime, right? Call the police if someone abuses their carry weapon at the picnic, simple as that).

Sorry for the rant, but unless there's another reason the picnic is cancelled, Wisconsin Patriots has lost a lot of respect from me from the reasoning ccwtrainer stated.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I e-mailed Gene to see if the park is still reserved. If so, I will host the picnic myself, but won't be able to supply everything. If you can help, please post it to this thread.

Centurion

Post imported post

Upon hearing the picnic was cancelled i made plans to take my boat to a Poker Run in Madison.

I'd be available all day sunday, but saturdayunless the forecast turns south I'm most likely not.ButSunday or any other saturday or sunday and I'll be there and happy to help with anything I can.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

It still depends on whether or not the park is still reserved. If not then it wont happen this weekend.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Hmmmm. When push comes to shove it looks like the Wisconsin Patriots would rather run. Perhaps Gene German bit off a little more than he can chew in regards to the resolution issue. He won't even announce whether or not he actually sent them out to the counties. He last said he wanted all inputs by July 18th, that was 11 days ago.
    Kudos to Doug for taking his own initiative .

Post imported post

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

'Quarterbacking' is exactly the issue but not Monday-morning quarterbacking or even Sunday on the field quarterbacking.

Indian Chiefs or quarterbacks of teams are not self-appointed and their agendas must be visible to the participant members - or they aren't. Either we are all 'indians' and equal or we are not.

Re 'monkeys', the 'net is the virtual room full of monkey keyboard-cowbois all seeking agreement on something or anything. Frequently a couple agree on their universal truth wherein their conspiracy of ignorance masquerades as self-deprecating 'common sense'. "shucks, anybody can do it'.

We monkeys aren't in any league nor in league with any monkey.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA *******

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Gene didn't respond so I guess the picnic cant be salvaged. There wouldn't be enough time to get everything ready even if he did respond.