• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NEWBE WITH A OC QUESTION IN MICHIGAN

JIM636

imported post

HOWS IT GOING OUT THEIR . JUST READ ABOUT OCING IN THE PAPER FRIDAY. DID NOT KNOW ABOUT IT.MY QUSTION IS I HAVE A CCW NOW, WERE CAN I GO TO FIND THE LAWS FOR WAYNE COUNTY MICHIGAN, ON OCING.SOUNDS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE. THANKS FOR ANY HELP ON THIS ISSUE.

thx997303

imported post

Give the Michigan forum a try. just go to the main forum page, and scroll down until you see Michigan.

They will be more than happy to help.

And welcome to the forum!

Oh, and it would be good form and polite to turn off your caps lock.

Thanks.

spectr019

imported post

County laws shouldn't be different in general than the state law. However, I'm here in Lansing, if I were to OC I'd get a lot of looks compared to if I were up north in Manton. All in all though from what I understand of the law now (I am NOT an attorney nor even pretend to know a lot of this), your county won't matter for legality.

Ben

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

spectr019 wrote:
County laws shouldn't be different in general than the state law. However, I'm here in Lansing, if I were to OC I'd get a lot of looks compared to if I were up north in Manton. All in all though from what I understand of the law now (I am NOT an attorney nor even pretend to know a lot of this), your county won't matter for legality.

Ben
Funny, I get more looks and asked to leave from up north than I ever do when I OC in Lansing.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Venator wrote:
spectr019 wrote:

Ben
Funny, I get more looks and asked to leave from up north than I every do when I OC in Lansing.

Spectr may have a more down and dirty "outlaw" look about him.

:lol:

Michigander

imported post

About Lansing vs up north, it's all gonna depend on the indiviudals in an area for who will be the most up tight about guns. In Mackinaw City, you might get some funny looks. In someplace like Broman (I hope I spelled that right) no one will care even slightly. I've been all over the state of Michigan, in particular the lower peninsula, and there reallyare a lot of different attiudes depending on where you go.

Unless you're in Detroit where the police are largely corrupt lunatics, my suggestion is simply to OC everywhere, and not worry about it. Michigan state law pre empts anything that goes further than state law, so don't worry about local laws.