• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Legal to carry an ASP ?

Triple Tap

imported post

What is the legal stance ( not that your an attorney...blah blah blah ) :D on the carry of a collapsable nightstick like an ASP ? I know everyone here would say that the gun is the only defense weapon, but in a case of escalation I feel that a ASP carried in my truck is a good ( but not always ) hand to hand semi-non-lethal first response to the first threat. ie an unarmed threat.

Thanks

K_Bjornstad

imported post

I have spoken to numerous police officers on the same subject because I too do want to carry one. They have all told me that it is because it is really no different that a baseball bat, which is 100% legal. If they weren't legal, dealers would have to say "not legal for residents in Washington State."

Bear 45/70

imported post

911Boss wrote:
I got one, don't carry it frequently but I do carry it when a gun isn't an option. only thing I don't like is thatit is a pain in the ass to close back up.

I have never heard them being illegal anywhere in WA state.
My wife has carried one in her car for better than15 years. It was given to her by a cop. Open and closing are part of what he trained her on before Jerry gave it to her.

Hammer

imported post

I carry an axe handle behind the seat of the truck.
It could be tough to make those illegal.
But some bleeding heart somewhere is having wet dreams about it, I'm sure