• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Business in Bridgeport, WV

unrequited

imported post

Not much is going on in the WV forum, and nobody's touched my question there... so asking here to people who travel frequently:

I'll be CC'ing most of the week due to social requirements, but I'll be in Bridgeport this week. OC is okay from what I've read, but no mention of whether or not they have any grandfathered laws against the preemption law. Anybody know any "big" cities in the area with grandfather'ed preemption-busting laws?

Also, I see no mention of a CC-specific alcohol ban like there are in VA restaurants, am I to assume that CC is valid everywhere but the specifically outlined prohibited places (federal/schools/etc.)?

One last question, is there a must identify to officer? I already read there's no must notify, just wondering if WV has must identify if I haven't broken any laws and am not driving at the time...

I could only find a short list of "stop and identify states" and WV isn't one, but still curious:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop_a..._.E2.80.9Cstop-and-identify.E2.80.9D_statutes

Thanks

JimMullinsWVCDL

State Researcher
imported post

WV has no bar or restaurant restrictions and no duty to inform. As far as I know, there are no grandfathered local ordinances in that area. OC is legal but uncommon.

You may also want to put your question to the WVCDL Forums.

Stay safe and have a nice trip!

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I would also suggest checking http://www.handgunlaw.us for WV laws re: CC.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USOffLimitsN-W.pdf

According to the site there is no obligation to notify. It also has a link to WV CC statutes:

West Virginia Must Notify Officer: No
Wildlife Management Area/ State or National Forests State Parks/ Road Side Rests
YES Per WVDNR/ YES Per WVDNR /YES Per WVDNR /YES §61711a.
§61711a.
OFF LIMITS:

· Court Houses.
· Family Law Masters Office.
· Magistrates Office.
· Primary and Secondary School Property including School buses.
· Any facility that is being used for a Primary or Secondary School Function while that function
is going on.
· Vocational Education Building
· Any where a sign is posted saying no Firearms Allowed. The signs do not have to be of any setsize or design.