• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Spokane OC Meet at Sonic

K_Bjornstad

imported post

Today's OC went well. It was my first time OC'ing and I feel that it went well. We got quite a few looks from some nosey people, but other than that noone really noticed. We got one question from an employee that asked if we were cops and we replied, "no we are not, just citizens who choose to exercise our civil rights to carry an exposed firearm." Another gentleman and his wife also asked for some information on why we carry and we gave him a pamphlet that explained why we do, why we can, and why it is legal in WA state. I believe Shy_Panda, David.Car, Slack and myself were there. Slack's nephew was there as well. Overall, it went well. I can't wait to do it again. How about some more?

SlacK

imported post

this was my first time ocing, kinda fun to do, nothing big happened.
After lunch at sonics, i took my nephew to walmart to buy a few hundred rounds of 9mm, while ocing, for the first time on my own. Nothing happened there either
On the way back from walmart some kids in a white pickup decided to cut me off
and then flip me off.

I blew them a kiss.

David.Car

imported post

The employees were definitly very friendly. Was my first time eating there. It was okay. Nothing great. But there is something to be said for the atmosphere and service. +1

Edit: And just to add to the attendence list...

atted.jpg

Shy_Panda

imported post

And that is actually how I carry my Beretta too... awesome.

Sonic continues to be a great place to raise awareness, the husband and wife were very greatful that we were standing up for our rights after we explained what exactly we were doing, they seemed somewhat aprehensive at first when I was placing my order, but at the end of the conversation I wouldn't be suprised if we got another potential OCer out of the exchange.

Overall a great time, got to meet a few guys that I have not previously met, got to educate the public as to their rights, and most importantly I was able to fill my belly. I for one am looking forward to the next one.

K_Bjornstad

imported post

I had a great time. Thanks David for putting up the attendee list. It's too bad Slack is movin to Cali, but hopefully he'll meet some fellow OCers there. I, too, enjoyed educating the ones who asked.By the way Shy_Panda, you handled that question by the employee very well. It really does help when all of us who carry know exactly what to say when asked a question like that.

Shy_Panda

imported post

Well thanks to dave the welder this wasn't my first outing, i've been able to gain alot of confidence interacting with the general populace watching how he does things. As many of the guys from the west side say, 'it just comes with experience.'

just_a_car

imported post

Shy_Panda wrote:
Well thanks to dave the welder this wasn't my first outing, i've been able to gain alot of confidence interacting with the general populace watching how he does things. As many of the guys from the west side say, 'it just comes with experience.'
Agreed and Dave's a good guy to OC with. I had the privelige to do so when I visited him on the Right side of the state for his annual Shootout.

SlacK

imported post

Since we went there, and i brought my 13 year old nephew along. We've gone shooting several times.

I ran through all the for rules with him several times, for days before we went shooting. I ran through dry fire practices with him, had him carry the unloaded gun
in my apartment for several hours, and observed him handling the gun for quite a while. I taught him to break it down, how to clean in, how to put it back together.
I taught him tap rack bang, and tap rack click unload rack rack rack reload rack bang.

So when I took him to the range, I stood behind him, put the locked open pistol
on the table, gave him a magazine and 1 round. He loaded it up, racked the slide, and bang. Hit a perfect center shot in the middle of the bullseye from 15 yards. :what:
Very excitedly, he proptly started to turn around, and swept me with the barrel, finger on the trigger. I grabbed him, pointed him the right way, and told him to get
his "buger hook of the bang switch".

After that we tryed again several times, until i felt comfortable that he was paying attention to saftey. Then we started loading 2 rounds, then 3 etc etc.... all the way to 17 rounds. He was able to shoot all 17 rounds pretty rapidly, and hit the target quite near center everytime. I'd hate , and love to say it, but my nephew is quite definately a better shot than I am. And this was only his first time shooting.

now he is telling me that i have to buy another gun, for his sole use.

He also tells me that as soon as he turns 21, he's getting himself one, and he plans to OC everywhere he goes.

You guys, with the Sonic OC meet, and the trip to the range. I think we have created another "Gun Nut" :shock::shock::shock::celebrate

ps. He used to be quite afraid of guns, and used to argue with me that law abiding people do not need guns.

Holo

imported post

Very excitedly, he proptly started to turn around, and swept me with the barrel, finger on the trigger. I grabbed him, pointed him the right way, and told him to get

LOL my wife did this her first time too. Scary but funny looking back at it.

David.Car

imported post

Holo wrote:

LOL my wife did this her first time too. Scary but funny looking back at it.
Also why the best advice you have for teaching someone to shoot is always start them only 1 round at a time until you pound the safety rules into them.