• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Multi-state OC Lunch

curtiswr

imported post

I originally planned to make it with +1, but now I don't believe I'll be able to. Job loss, blah, blah, blah.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Registration closed - forgot that the deadline to "register" was 8/31

Had I not been able to commit early on and found that I now wanted to attend, I would simply do so as a walk-in. I might have to wait a few minutes for a table or not - either way would be fine.

This is the same situation we face each month with our Richmond OC dinners. A few "no shows" are generally balanced out by walk-ins. No restaurant has ever been unable to accomodate us.

Look forward to making new friends and recharging old contacts.
It's always good to put faces with screen names.

Yata hey

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Sure would be nice to know whether I replied to this or not. I had planned to attend, but when "registration is closed" it tells me it's more a stunt than a get-together. I'm rethinking.

HeroHog

imported post

Speedy and Terri Mercer from Staunton will be there. Is there wheelchair access for my ride? I'll have dad's Model 10 and Terri will probably be sporting a 1911a1.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

HeroHog wrote:
Speedy and Terri Mercer from Staunton will be there. Is there wheelchair access for my ride? I'll have dad's Model 10 and Terri will probably be sporting a 1911a1.
All restaurants in Virginia built to code will have handicap, parking, ramps etc. and be otherwise accessible. Red, Hot & Blue is new enough that it would come under this standard.

Yata hey

Armed

imported post

Grapeshot - Sounds like a great opportunity, but unfortunately - I'm working that weekend. Someday, I hope we'll actually meet! Have fun!!

Prophet

imported post

So as not to make this solely a Virginia lovefest you can probably put me down as a definite maybe. 222 Miles away might be a bit much for a meal but if i can time things well enough i'll stay for the weekend, see some sights and all that.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Important Reminder -

It is the law-
If your are going to carry, you must OC in a restaurant that serves alcohol.
Concealed carry is in violation of Virginia law if alcohol is sold for on premises consumption. Red, Hot & Blue does serve alcohol.

Recommendations - primarily for newbies but to all as well intended suggestions.
Rentention holsters are always best but not a requirement.
Do not handle or otherwise show off your weapon. If you must check for your weapon, do not do so with your hand!
Dress appropriately, act as if your mother and her pastor where watching you, no profanity please - this is a family environment and we shall be on public display.

BBQ guns and basic black are all equally acceptable but long guns are violation of our unwritten code of conduct.

Other violations of this unwritten code are mall ninja attire, full tactical rigs, drinking alcohol while with the group - please note this is not illegal in Virginia but is considered bad form.

This is a public event - there may be press in attendance. Do not use this meet-up as your personal forum. Save any controversy for another time and place. If you have a questions on how well things like this can go, look at the video of VCDL's picnic, mid-way down on the page - http://www.vcdl.org/

I and hopefully all of you look forward to experiencing the diversity of people, joined together by a common belief, with the opportunity to share experiences with new and old friends alike.

Please feel free to add or amend with your comments.

Yata hey

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Important Reminder -

It is the law-
If your are going to carry, you must OC in a restaurant that serves alcohol.
Concealed carry is in violation of Virginia law if alcohol is sold for on premises consumption. Red, Hot & Blue does serve alcohol.

Recommendations - primarily for newbies but to all as well intended suggestions.
Rentention holsters are always best but not a requirement.
Do not handle or otherwise show off your weapon. If you must check for your weapon, do not do so with your hand!
Dress appropriately, act as if your mother and her pastor where watching you, no profanity please - this is a family environment and we shall be on public display.

BBQ guns and basic black are all equally acceptable but long guns are violation of our unwritten code of conduct.

Other violations of this unwritten code are mall ninja attire, full tactical rigs, drinking alcohol while with the group - please note this is not illegal in Virginia but is considered bad form.

This is a public event - there may be press in attendance. Do not use this meet-up as your personal forum. Save any controversy for another time and place. If you have a questions on how well things like this can go, look at the video of VCDL's picnic, mid-way down on the page - http://www.vcdl.org/

I and hopefully all of you look forward to experiencing the diversity of people, joined together by a common belief, with the opportunity to share experiences with new and old friends alike.

Please feel free to add or amend with your comments.

Yata hey

Two additions...

1. I doubt that it will be cold.. but it might rain... if you have a rain coat on and conceal your firearm... then you better have a CHP. When you get to the front door.. you must unconceal to stay legal... and even THAT act could scare somone so do it tactfully and without alot of bruhaha..

2. Some people like shoulder holsters.. that might be fine.. but in an environment like this.... they are best used if they are the kind that point the muzzle downward instead of at the people sitting at the table behind you.

Hata Yay <snicker>

HeroHog

imported post

Any reason I shouldn't carry my revolver in a vertical shoulder rig? I ride a wheelchair and it's the only way to open carry in one. I've done it with the VCDL here in VA (I'm a resident and have a CCW). I have ahorizontal rigbut then the muzzle doesn't point in a safe direction.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

HeroHog wrote:
Any reason I shouldn't carry my revolver in a vertical shoulder rig? I ride a wheelchair and it's the only way to open carry in one. I've done it with the VCDL here in VA (I'm a resident and have a CCW). I have ahorizontal rigbut then the muzzle doesn't point in a safe direction.
no reason at all

nova

imported post

So this is the OC lunch Ed had mentioned while at Champps. I missed the "registration deadline" but I'll show up anyhow. I'm sure if its full there are other restaurants in the area I can eat at. :cool:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

nova wrote:
So this is the OC lunch Ed had mentioned while at Champps. I missed the "registration deadline" but I'll show up anyhow. I'm sure if its full there are other restaurants in the area I can eat at. :cool:
And I am sure that you would not have to eat alone either! :D

During Lobby Day at the State Capital, several large groups had to split into smaller groups at lunch time. It ended up that the area was blanketed with OCers.

Can you imagine if so many extras showed up that we divided into 2 or 3 groups of 40, 50 or more each.

BTW - strongly suggest getting there a little early in case there is some "adjustment" made in the arrangements.

Yata hey

nova

imported post

Normally I show up early in case I get lost somehow(I don't have a GPS unit...I rely on google maps :D ) so that won't be a problem for me :)

IanB

imported post

OK, I'm late to the party... this is the first I've heard of this OC event. I didn't register, so I'll be a gate crasher and show up anyways. All I ask is that I not sit next to Skidmark, he's a trouble maker.

Edit: Also, I've seen some erroneous info on other sites promoting this event which say OC is allowed but not required. This info is false, RH&B has an ABC licence.

http://www.abc.state.va.us/licenseeSearch/jsp/controller.jsp?task=licenseedata&license=12311