• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Multi-state OC Lunch

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

It has been suggested that a new/fresh post of this be entered. It may require more advance planning for some of you due to the distance. I wouldn't be surprised to see more than a few stay overnight - so advance motel reservations might be in order.

Members from Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia and perhaps other states are anticipated to attend.

Multi-State OC Lunch & Meet Up
WHEN: Saturday, September 13th, 11am.
WHERE Red, Hot & Blue (Blues and BBQ)
ADDRESS: 541 E Market St, Leesburg, VA 20176, (703) 669-4242
MAP: Google Map

Be sure to RSVP if you haven't: http://www.deloc.org/deloc/rsvp.php

There's an option to say that you might be going.

Yata hey

vrwmiller

imported post

I've taken note. Won't know whether I can be there until that time draws nearer. However, if I can make it, I will. If the weather's nice, I'll ride.

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'm going to try to be there. Are there any other plans for this "convention". Some folks would be making quite a trip for a single meal.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
This sounds more like a convention or a conference than a mere eat-out. Got something special cookin'?
See http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/13340.html. It's just a meet & greet on a Saturday afternoon over basic chain-store BBQ.

More on the event here http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/13256.htmland here http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum46/12833.html.

Be sure to let the planners know if you are coming, or considering coming. It would be a shame to show up and find out there is not a place at the table for you.

The discussion on whether or not to inform the restaurant we will be OC-ing, and whether or not to contact the police beforehand HAS ALREADY BEEN HASHED OUT AND LAID TO REST:exclaim: Can we please not ressurect those issues? (Tomahawk, this is not directed at you - it is for everyone.)

stay safe - and I'll see you in Leesburg.

skidmark

* edited to add background links and a plea for sanity.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

First.. I OC at Red Hot and Blue at Leesburg.. Never been an issue.

Second.. This is EXACTLY why I like (and started using evite for all my OC events) I can see if I already RSVP'ed.. I can change my response I can add or remove more guests from my party, I can see if my friends (or enemies) are coming to the event and it is an easy link to forward to others in other forums etc.

my 2 cents.

Ed

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

DHCruiser wrote:
If we're not a member of the listed groups, are we still welcome? I've considered joining VCDL, but haven't yet and NRA isn't listed in the drop down.
From the invite link: "Anyone not associated with these groups are still welcome to join this open carry event."

curtiswr

imported post

I've RSVP'ed. Both myself and my girlfriend will be coming. Hopefully she'll be OCing her own handgun by then, but if not she will hopefully (agree to) wear my Beretta. :D

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

curtiswr wrote:
I've RSVP'ed. Both myself and my girlfriend will be coming. Hopefully she'll be OCing her own handgun by then, but if not she will hopefully (agree to) wear my Beretta. :D
Virginia is going to be well represented, particularly Richmond.
See you at Leesburg and the next local dinner also I hope.

Yata hey

curtiswr

imported post

Yes definitely. And by either of the two events, I will have my VCDL member card and be a bona fide card carrying member. I just submitted payment/joined via Paypal.

:celebrate

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

curtiswr wrote:
Yes definitely. And by either of the two events, I will have my VCDL member card and be a bona fide card carrying member. I just submitted payment/joined via Paypal.

:celebrate
Congratulations - we need all of the support we can garner - strength through numbers!

Don't tell Skidmark though - he says that new members buy drinks and ammo for the whole table! :lol:

Yata hey

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Don't tell Skidmark though - he says that new members buy drinks and ammo for the whole table! :lol:

Yata hey

I do not ever say newbies have to buy for the whole table! Newbie buys for the house :celebrate.

And if dealing with Grapeshot is not bad enough, I have Tess on my back, too. http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/14184.html.

stay safe.

skidmark

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Oh oh, Skid's back awake! Didn't realize that the sun had set.

I can attest to the Buzz & Ned thing.

Re Tess: appreciate knowing I'm in such good company.

Wonder how many from this area are planning for Leesburg.

Yata hey

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Me too.. this is why I like evite better.. I can see if I already responded and how many people I said I am bring and or change my mind or see of some of the people that I am bringing responded for themselves.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

ed wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
Me too.. this is why I like evite better.. I can see if I already responded and how many people I said I am bring and or change my mind or see of some of the people that I am bringing responded for themselves.
Hope that the Pennsylvania people will not be too busy with "happenings" to attend.

I think there might be some motive to not expressing the numbers yet.

Time to bring this back to the top so here goes.

Multi-State OC Lunch & Meet Up
WHEN: Saturday, September 13th, 11am.
WHERE Red, Hot & Blue (Blues and BBQ)
ADDRESS: 541 E Market St, Leesburg, VA 20176, (703) 669-4242
MAP: Google Map

Be sure to RSVP if you haven't: http://www.deloc.org/deloc/rsvp.php

Yata hey